Radio The SEN Thread 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mick and Michael not on this morning. Have they finished already.

The host must have some knowledge of the racing industry

Interesting that they said on Wednesday that they were finishing Friday.
On Wednesday they read out a lot of text message bagging the station.
Don't think station management were to impressed as they didn't come back after Wednesday.

RSN is a black hole, the last place you go if you're wanting to further your career. If Harf goes there it'd be more to do with him wanting to pick back up the coaching stuff.

Interesting that they said on Wednesday that they were finishing Friday.
On Wednesday they read out a lot of text message bagging the station.
Don't think station management were to impressed as they didn't come back after Wednesday.

The problem was the two Mick's have a loyal listening audience and once the news was out, most calls or texts would thank them for their show - You don't have a show without listener engagement, so you can't stop calls or texts. Management should have expected the response from listeners and their over-reaction is surprising - And listeners have still mentioned the two Mick's in the last two days.

The problem was the two Mick's have a loyal listening audience and once the news was out, most calls or texts would thank them for their show - You don't have a show without listener engagement, so you can't stop calls or texts. Management should have expected the response from listeners and their over-reaction is surprising - And listeners have still mentioned the two Mick's in the last two days.

i cant see maher getting teh same outpouring of grief

Big difference between reading a text out thanking them for their shown and reading a text out bagging management .

I think the station wants to shuffle things around a bit and Maher has been there a while so I expect he will be moved on. My guess

Breakfast - Hamish/ Lyon
Mornings - KB
Afternoons - Leach
Drive - Allan / Schwartz
Nights - Fine

If anything like that, they will have lost me. No-one, other than KB, left that I would want to listen too.

SEN have managed to stuff up what should've been a successful niche in radioland.

Hamish I don't mind, but will not listen to Lyon.

I think it's interesting how a simple show can change so quickly.

They have a show called 'This is Your Life' that was once hosted by Rex Hunt and basically unlistenable. I'm not sure of the name of the new host but it is a common voice around the station, anyway...he has turned it into a high quality show very quickly and I think most things about the station don't need an overhaul, just a tweak.

Big difference between reading a text out thanking them for their shown and reading a text out bagging management .

Read my whole post - Talk back radio shows only survive on calls and texts - You can try to vet calls at reception, but once callers are on air its hard to stop them talking - The calls/texts were thanking the hosts for their program with some adding they won't listen to the new incarnation of the show - The calls/texts were not explicitly bagging management, to think otherwise is surprising - To read your post, people who didn't listen to Wednesday's program would think the two Mick's announced 'front and centre' at the beginning of the program they were leaving RSN - They only mentioned they were leaving after receiving a call - Simply Management at RSN should not have allowed the two Mick's to go on air on Wednesday if they thought there could be an online backlash from callers - Somehow I doubt Management were that smart.

They have a show called 'This is Your Life' that was once hosted by Rex Hunt and basically unlistenable. I'm not sure of the name of the new host but it is a common voice around the station, anyway...he has turned it into a high quality show very quickly and I think most things about the station don't need an overhaul, just a tweak.

'This is your Sporting Life' is hosted by Peter Donegan, another true professional that is criminally under used in the media. He used to host the VFL on ABC TV and is one of the best commentators going around IMO. Doesn't have a permanent TV gig at the moment though, channel 7 should use him instead of the likes of BT, Darcy etc. Good that we get to hear him on SEN sometimes though.

Last edited:

as answered already its scoop donegan. its good to know that you and im sure heaps of others have recognised how good scoop is. he also does the LPGA asian tour commentary too.

has rex been replaced permenantly? or because its footy off season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The HS reporting that Mike Sheahan will join Lyon and McLachlan on mornings 2 or 3 times a week with Bob Murphy do do a couple of days as well. It says this is to stop the terrible ratings coming from the buffoon and Fraaancis. Harf and Richo to go to RSN.

Mike Sheehan I'm not a big fan of and Bob is terribly overexposed. Lyon and McLaghlan don't exactly have me doing cartwheels either. Will be following Harf to RSN I think.

Mike Sheehan I'm not a big fan of and Bob is terribly overexposed. Lyon and McLaghlan don't exactly have me doing cartwheels either. Will be following Harf to RSN I think.
Might do the same in mornings as I like Harf and Richo. I will miss Richo off to the races with KB, always get a laugh out of that segment and some good tips from Richo over the carnival.

The HS reporting that Mike Sheehan will join Lyon and McLachlan on mornings 2 or 3 times a week with Bob Murphy do do a couple of days as well. It says this is to stop the terrible ratings coming from the buffoon and Fraaancis. Harf and Richo to go to RSN.

with lyon and mclachlan we can expect soft questions asked of the afl, and glowing praise at any chance. dont mind sheahan at all.

after murphys actions after the GF I think people are turning on him.

Might do the same in mornings as I like Harf and Richo. I will miss Richo off to the races with KB, always get a laugh out of that segment and some good tips from Richo over the carnival.

richo is better suited to RSN where he can do more.

with lyon and mclachlan we can expect soft questions asked of the afl, and glowing praise at any chance. dont mind sheahan at all.

after murphys actions after the GF I think people are turning on him.

richo is better suited to RSN where he can do more.

lol wut? Understand if he's not your cup of tea as that's your prerogative, but what exactly has Murphy done wrong?

"Why do you keep calling me two dogs?" :D
Will miss the segment, they seemed to bounce off each well.

Made a premiership all about him, get it, he didn't play.

lol, no he didnt.

Nothing that happened on GF day was orchestrated by him. He accepted an invitation to the stage from our coach which the vast majority of the AFL community thought was a great gesture and a symbolic moment of recognition as the spiritual leader of our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back