Radio The SEN Thread 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
any word from frank/ox about their positions next year? i mean lots of media talk about gary "depression" lyon and afl guys brother on mornings.
Breakfast needs an overhaul one way or another. Not sure what SEN were thinking putting Ox on that early.

Ox isn't that good.

If Maher is gooooone. I'll actually think he's a bit stiff. Some criticisms of him may be justified. But I think he put in a bigger effort into his show than what harf did in his time.

I agree that Maher would be stiff, especially if Mark Allen manages to hold on to the drive slot. Maybe Francis Leach takes over from Maher? Back when the station started I thought Francis was excellent in the 12-4pm slot.

The two Mick's nailed their breakfast show in 2016 - Ratings may have been low but that's the nature of working at RSN - Their replacements have big shoes to fill - Guess an Adam White will fill in for a short term basis and could be considered for the permanent gig - Harford would be a good get for the brekky program at RSN, as long as his co-host has a good sporting knowledge - I HOPE RSN continues with the serious nature of the program.

Ox isn't that good.

If Maher is gooooone. I'll actually think he's a bit stiff. Some criticisms of him may be justified. But I think he put in a bigger effort into his show than what harf did in his time.

I reckon he found his groove in the afternoons - he was actually OK in the long form interviews. I don't mind him but he was pox in the mornings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RSN during footy season is really good. interviews are professional, serious but lighthearted when appropriate. Questions are short and simple and allow the guest to respond and allow the interview to grow organically.

I fell asleep listening to them. Give me sport but give me opinion and personality as well.

I think the station wants to shuffle things around a bit and Maher has been there a while so I expect he will be moved on. My guess

Breakfast - Hamish/ Lyon
Mornings - KB
Afternoons - Leach
Drive - Allan / Schwartz
Nights - Fine

I think the station wants to shuffle things around a bit and Maher has been there a while so I expect he will be moved on. My guess

Breakfast - Hamish/ Lyon
Mornings - KB
Afternoons - Leach
Drive - Allan / Schwartz
Nights - Fine
They want to shuffle things round a bit, and yet they'll have three of the same slots as last year. Sounds about right.

I'm not sure Leach would be an improvement in the afternoons. Even though as mentioned earlier, I remember him being good in 04. I'm not sure he's casual enough for the middle of the day.

Ox has to go though. No improvement in any facet of broadcasting. For the length of time he's been there and been in media, he should just be delisted. Not good enough to be serious. Doesn't really have the warmth for the lighter hours. Garbage as a commentator. There's nothing you're going to miss.

I'm not sure Leach would be an improvement in the afternoons. Even though as mentioned earlier, I remember him being good in 04. I'm not sure he's casual enough for the middle of the day.

Ox has to go though. No improvement in any facet of broadcasting. For the length of time he's been there and been in media, he should just be delisted. Not good enough to be serious. Doesn't really have the warmth for the lighter hours. Garbage as a commentator. There's nothing you're going to miss.
Loving the way KB is sledging him about the HI1.

Just trying to think who could be good alternatives?

You'd think Teo could easily do midday, and go with the flow of the history of that slot?

Like with Harf and Marko and Finey. The newbies are promoted from within after doing a stint as a sidekick.

Darren Berry showed he could do something. I remember him saying he was nervous afterwards. But he was good filling in for Maher, and would only get better I reckon.

Would Jonathan Howcroft pull off being a no1 banana?

Tony Wilson. The Hawthorn guy?

Rob Waters? I don't think so. He doesn't come across as out going. To me anyway

Craig Harper? Meh.

Working at 7 may be a full on workload. But I'd be interested to see how Emily Angwin would go hosting a show?

this.
he's been there long enough to show some improvement but hasn't. mark doran wasn't given this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back