tumblr_locjygw0qz1qdkam1o1_500.jpg

Those are yours, sir?
Yes. I am in flavor country.
Both of them?
It’s a big country
You sir, are worse than Hitler.

Say a lot of the generation here was raised on the simpsons

However, the current "it" generation is not

One thinks there will be a generation gap formed on the basis of simpsons humour! Which seems implausible, but there you go

Say a lot of the generation here was raised on the simpsons

However, the current "it" generation is not

One thinks there will be a generation gap formed on the basis of simpsons humour! Which seems implausible, but there you go

Agree with this. I have visions of showing my kids/grandkids Simpsons clips which I find hilarious, and at which they will simply stare blankly.

Agree with this. I have visions of showing my kids/grandkids Simpsons clips which I find hilarious, and at which they will simply stare blankly.

Its like the TV show Freaks and geeks, they constantly refer to steve martin as the greatest, funniest comedian that ever lived, and all I saw in Steve martin was some old geezer.

Nothing is timeless

SeinfeldIsUnfunny

A bit of this has inevitably creeped in too.

I was showing Seinfeld to my dad the other day, and there was a scene whereby Kramer trips and falls over and my dad said: "that man is not funny"

Anyway Im surprised Seinfeld actually did manage to be a big international hit as a tv show because effectively it is a very American, a very Jewish and a very New Yorker-ish show

Theres shows out there right now based in New York which are better more tightly produced productions such as "Parks and Recreation" but it seems like the ambivalence and general "this American stuff is over my non-American head" has arrived a generation too late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you? American?

Lets see: I have a brilliant idea for a show, lets cast 4 people, 1 plain looking lady, a standup comedian, and two other guys - 1 who's bald and wears glasses, and a tall guy who puts mousse in his hair, its gunna be a hit for simple minded types :rolleyes:

Oh and everyone will think its a hit when the comedian says the name of his so-called arch nemesis

Give me the Gruen Transfer anyday

What are you? American?

Lets see: I have a brilliant idea for a show, lets cast 4 people, 1 plain looking lady, a standup comedian, and two other guys - 1 who's bald and wears glasses, and a tall guy who puts mousse in his hair, its gunna be a hit for simple minded types :rolleyes:

Oh and everyone will think its a hit when the comedian says the name of his so-called arch nemesis

Give me the Gruen Transfer anyday

What? Seinfelds hilarious

Millhouse: "But Im Millhouse!"
Homer: "Yeah and your father is no house! Now go away"

wtf is this shit?

Also, it saddens me when I drop a zinger simpsons quote while teaching and the kids give me nothing. Most of them think the simpsons is garbage because they have been watching past season 8. Sigh

wtf is this shit?

Also, it saddens me when I drop a zinger simpsons quote while teaching and the kids give me nothing. Most of them think the simpsons is garbage because they have been watching past season 8. Sigh

I stick by my comment that there is a generation gap caused by Simpsons references, contrary to your beliefs: Simpsons jokes are not forever

Nowadays theres another gap, with people who watch tv that needs to be downloaded (Breaking Bad, Mad Men, True Blood) , compared to the dross on FTA television

It saddens me when I hear a simpsons quote etc and I don't know it. Reminds me how shit new simpsons is. How could something so great become so, so bad?

Tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back