Remove this Banner Ad

thedevilsowne

Team Captain
Apr 29, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
A song from a band you used to or didn't mind. That just made you hate them.

Band : Green Day
Song : Time of your life.
This song makes me ill.
Couldn't stand them since the day I heard it. Mate's all seemed to love them an thought they where punk an they are (if you like being wrong and don't understand punk) or you could see them as cheesy guitar-based pop (if you want to be right)

Beautiful Day by U2. I didn't think much of them anyway but that song completely turned me off. Bono is an arrogant twat so I doubt I was ever going to like them.

Muse - United States of Eurasia.
I really really used to love Muse, I have all their studio albums up until they released The Resistance. Now I rarely even listen to their old stuff that I loved.

The Offspring..
What young teen wouldn't love smash. Ah Self Esteem. :)
But they digressed an I got older. But still so many memories.. Then came pretty fly for a white guy! Nuf said...

The Offspring..
What young teen wouldn't love smash. Ah Self Esteem. :)
But they digressed an I got older. But still so many memories.. Then came pretty fly for a white guy! Nuf said...
Yep, and that Beatles song they did was horrible. Smash and Ixnay were great albums.

After trying hard to like the Adventures of Raindance Maggie, I've just accepted that Californication will be the last great album by RHCP

Human League's, Don't you want me baby.

A cool band before two of the founders left and the chicks come aboard.
Terrible stuff thereafter.

^^^Agree with this, 100%.

Pretty Vegas - INXS

After all those years and sussing out different singers they pick some douche who just tries too hard to sound like MH. **** them:mad:

INXS aren't the same without MH and will never be as good. The newer singer is just horrible. I actually dislike the Soft Cell song as well whereas most people I know like it. Overrated crap that song is. And about Human League, I actually agree.

Beautiful Day by U2. I didn't think much of them anyway but that song completely turned me off. Bono is an arrogant twat so I doubt I was ever going to like them.
For me it was Lemon from their shithouse Zooropa album back in the early 90's. They never really recovered from that disaster in my view. Until then I was a reasonably big fan of theirs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know the band but i think one of the worst songs ever made is that song "tainted love"

I've always hated that song. :thumbsdown:

I'm an 80's electro fan so I love this song,although it's not Soft Cells best & way overplayed. Many of their better songs are unknown except by fans,songs like Bedsitter,Torch,Memorabilia,Sex Dwarf etc.

Re The Human League,DYWM is kinda like TL,overplayed but I still like it. Although not as edgy as their first 2 albums Dare is still a masterpiece.

I had never heard of Human League until Dare and I loved that album.

I love Tainted Love by Soft Cell. The 12 inch version where it segues into Where Did Our Love Go ? was often on the turntable in our house.

I never listened to INXS after MH died. Did not seem right.

Sex is on Fire by KOL is the one for me. I saw them at the BDO the first time they came out and they were incredible. The first couple of albums are fantastic, then this awful FM friendly track just lost it for me. They may still make great records. Music history is littered with people making shocking music then getting it together again.

Let's hope so.

African Child turned me off Infant Sorrow.

Hope rubbing the furry wall turned you back onto them.

Everything about that movie made me want to hate it, until I saw it.

Infant Sorrow ftw.

Back on Tainted Love the Soft Cell version is just a terrible cover of an otherwise cracking 60's tune.

After wearing out my Def Leppard "Hysteria" album and raving to anybody who'd listen that it was the greatest thing ever, i was pretty keen to hear the next album after waiting for 5 years....

.....along came "Lets Get Rocked"..... Oh dear.

I don't know the band but i think one of the worst songs ever made is that song "tainted love"

I've always hated that song. :thumbsdown:

Me too. I love 80s music but have always hated this song.

Muse - Undisclosed Desires.

Muse what the **** have you become!

"Bullet with butterfly wings" by the Smashing Pumpkins. Not the worst song ever I suppose but not in the same league as their earlier stuff. Lame video too.

Muse - Undisclosed Desires.
Muse what the **** have you become!

Shocker of monumental proportions, done to serve a purpose.
One more album and time for Bellamy to pursue a solo career which is what I'm looking forward to.

Some excellent calls here, but surprised for there to be no Coldplay.

For the 80s electro fans, John Foxx's Ultravox was brilliant but once Midge Ure belted out that pompous Vienna thing, it was all over.

The Residents were cool until their songs started going over the one minute mark.

Tangerine Dream were great until they introduced vocals. :eek:

Fortunately for Flock of Seagulls though, they started on such a low point they could not get any worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back