The Stadium!

What kind of stadium do you want?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks awesome (would love a few more angles, but I'm sure they'll come eventually). If it turns out half as good irl, it'll still be better than all the other proposed and placeholder designs.

And, of course, can't forget this shameful (or shameless, really) lie:
HobartStadium_Mulcahy.jpg

Looks awesome (would love a few more angles, but I'm sure they'll come eventually). If it turns out half as good irl, it'll still be better than all the other proposed and placeholder designs.

And, of course, can't forget this shameful (or shameless, really) lie:
View attachment 2040995
I'm kind of torn...... this was growing on me ;)

My only concern is they said it would built in a way so it can be expanded to 40,000 later on if required,but I can't see how that is possible if you look at these pictures.

An expression of interest from investors is due to be opened in coming weeks with several parties interested including the Plenary group and a big European stadium investor.

I think timber will help to keep the costs down, but I'm interested to know other people's opinions on this.

I dont think timber will be cheap, if done well it will look good.
Also expect the anti stadium groups and the 2.0 promoters to jump on the use of timber for "green" reasons. That roof and cladding will use a lot of trees, likely to be premium trees too.
Lets see what more detail comes out...
I do like the idea of using timber - the current standard is exposed tubular steel, practical and cheap but not a good look for a wonderful site like MP.

I dont think timber will be cheap, if done well it will look good.
Also expect the anti stadium groups and the 2.0 promoters to jump on the use of timber for "green" reasons. That roof and cladding will use a lot of trees, likely to be premium trees too.
Lets see what more detail comes out...
I do like the idea of using timber - the current standard is exposed tubular steel, practical and cheap but not a good look for a wonderful site like MP.
So you think it will go over budget with them using timber?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pointed out the inner ring of lights with red arrows, and the outer ring of lights with blue arrows below.

And if the design resembles anything like the early stadium footprint test-fit, the interior render we've seen would be the venue fully expanded to 40k capacity. The parts outlined in yellow wouldn't initially be built:

tasstad5.jpg

Maybe there are images of it without those parts of the stand, but while AFL is being played, and instead the government decided to show the cricket pics (for what would be obvious reasons, if so).

Another image:

Looks like an interesting stadium, but aren't those wood struts going to be an issue for shadows/lines across the ground? Probably not a huge deal in football season but you can imagine a batsman wouldn't be too keen about them across the pitch.
I think lights or even reflective material that casts light into where the shadows are can fix that but I'm not 100% sure.

It actually looks awesome (aesthetically) and very Tasmanian. I was worried but they really haven't given anti stadium opponents much to sook about here.

The practicalities of it will come in due course no doubt

What do people think the likely cost would be by looking at the materials used,do people think it could still be kept under or on budget?

It's a very nice looking design, and looks like it holds more than 23,000 seat in that internal image, but it also looks like that roof maybe too low for Cricket to be played there, but I guess we won't know until we get a better idea of the dimensions of the stadium and the height of the roof. I do like the idea and a wooden roof, the new engineered wooden beams are incredibly strong.

Back