The Summer transfer rumor thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I only say Caicedo because of these reasons;

1 - He's young, so he fits the mould of players Nani and Zola are trying to bring into the club.

2 - If Zola really wants to play 4-5-1, he needs another striker other than Cole who can play as that lone front man and hold the ball up. Ashton could be that guy, but he's so injury prone and not that great in the air anymore regardless. Caicedo's about 185cms IIRC, so he fits the physical mould there.

3 - It was his first season in the EPL, so obviously you wouldn't expect to see the best from him there.

The only other striker I can see who we'd target who fits those criteria would be Edison Cavani from Palermo (22y.o striker).

For starters according to Stoke themselves they havnt even talked to us about making a bid. They WANT to talk to us about him however.

If we were to sell Ashton for say 8 mill (20% goes to Norwich) then I imagine with that 6.5 mill and a few more we will be putting in a bid for Balotelli. I cant see us selling Ashton to downgrade for Caicedo. We are skint but not that skint.

From what I hear Fernando Morientes is on his way for a trial and possibly 1 year contract ala Diego Tristan. Wouldnt be too upset by that.

Please let this be true

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Ham-Dean-Ashton-will-cost-Stoke-City-10m.html

Jason Burt is normally spot on with his West Ham news. Id be happy if that was all the business we did this window

Green
Neill Tomkins Upson Ilunga
Behrami Noble Parker Mancini
Jiminez Cole

Bench: Stech Collins Spector Collison Dyer Stanislas Ashton

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:. Would be the best squad we have had in my lifetime IMO

£10m for a guy who has played less than a full season in three years. Wow.

If he were foreign he wouldn't even have a fee. That's £10m just for his passport.

Beattie and Ashton would be a decent strike partnership. The should look at Kevin Doyle as well. I'd pass on Owen if I were a Stoke fan.

As you said Stoke should be targeting Doyle, I have a lot of time for him. It would be silly getting Owen and Ashton, pointless having two good strikers (by stokes standards) on the medical table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fuller >>>>>>> Beattie. Did anyone see his goal vs Villa or does he have to score against Man United for anyone to take notice. Fullers a gun. I imagine Stoke are in need of another striker in the Beattie mould to warm the bench hence why Ashton wouldnt be a realistic target neither would Doyle. Id go with Manucho personally. Would be handy with Cresswell coming off the bench

What Stoke really need is a right back and 2 more CMs.

I think they should go for Doyle and I don't think Fuller is that much better than Beattie. A few of the lower teams should look at a few players from Reading. Stephen Hunt would be another good signing for a club in the bottom half.

Probably because he's not?

He did score 11 goals last season and was in the top 6. Fuller scored some crackers as well. Beattie had a good run in the end but Beattie is what 32 now and has about 3 years on Fuller.

People mistake the fact Fullers a lazy twat for a lack of talent.

People mistake the fact Fullers a lazy twat for a lack of talent.
Work ethic is a talent in my opinion. Most of the best players have a good work ethic and push themselves harder when things aren't going their way. Adebayor has the same problem, on his day he is very talented, but when he decides to stroll around the pitch singing 'Crazy In Love' to himself, he looks like an amateur.

Work ethic is a talent in my opinion. Most of the best players have a good work ethic and push themselves harder when things aren't going their way. Adebayor has the same problem, on his day he is very talented, but when he decides to stroll around the pitch singing 'Crazy In Love' to himself, he looks like an amateur.

True enough but some people can forge a career without necessarily busting a gut every time. Fuller is one of those. Hes forged a career but underachieved massively due to his work ethic. The past 2 years hes really put the hard yards in and its paid off massively.

But you also get the players who forge a career with a strong work ethic and nothing else. Vassel and Holman off the top of my head

But you also get the players who forge a career with a strong work ethic and nothing else. Vassel and Holman off the top of my head

Or some players who forge a career by holding photos of there clubs chairman in compromising positions with a goat like the aforementioned.

According to our CEO we are 80% chance to sign Mancini. Zola is meeting with him today and we should know more by Wednesday. If this comes off itlll be HUGE. Best signing not including Tevez we have made in recent times IMO. Had a poor year with Inter but we all remember how good he was at Roma and if he can recapture that sort of form he will be one of the best wingers in the league no doubt.

Ashton for 10M? Bloody hell thats a shit load of money for him. Would be money well spent if he got out on the park every once in a while

I like a Beattie - Fuller partnership tbh, maybe Doyle for a couple of mil (5?) would be some good business IMO for a reserve. Pretty potent strike force.

Fuller's goal against Villa, was that the turn past Laursen, and then low and hard across the goal keeper? Think that was him.

The one when he thought he was Bergkamp.

Thats Ricardo Fullkamp to you.

Inters chairman says Mancini is coming to us, more importantly however its due to financial constraints at the club. Sounds like they are struggling a little bit. Looks as if they have no transfer budget whatsoever this year

Looks like Eto has finally agreed to join City for around 25-30 mill and Tevez isnt too far away either if you believe NOTW. That leaves Citys strike force as

Eto
Tevez
Santa Cruz
Bellamy
Jo
Robinho
Vassel
Evans
Bojinov
Benjani
Caicedo

Thats 11 strikers :eek:. For mine I cant see any of those above the 3 ins and Robinho going for more than 5 mill. Youd be idiotic to offer more than that for a club desperate to sell and players desperate to leave.

The one when he thought he was Bergkamp.

Thats Ricardo Fullkamp to you.

Inters chairman says Mancini is coming to us, more importantly however its due to financial constraints at the club. Sounds like they are struggling a little bit. Looks as if they have no transfer budget whatsoever this year

Looks like Eto has finally agreed to join City for around 25-30 mill and Tevez isnt too far away either if you believe NOTW. That leaves Citys strike force as

Eto
Tevez
Santa Cruz
Bellamy
Jo
Robinho
Vassel
Evans
Bojinov
Benjani
Caicedo

Thats 11 strikers :eek:. For mine I cant see any of those above the 3 ins and Robinho going for more than 5 mill. Youd be idiotic to offer more than that for a club desperate to sell and players desperate to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back