Opinion The 'Super Seven'

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha I do.. Could just change it to mummys boy, but yeah i'll get on it. I'd totally forgotten. :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I guess there are parameters/rules that apply separately to the two categories and that if a player is in one category, he couldn't be shifted to the other?

There doesn't seem to be any rules stating one way or another, or explaining whether it's a permanent designation or temporary. It basically only becomes a question if we use a general rookie slot on a Qlder and later delist enough Qlders that we want to move him in to a developmental slot.

What about the 'magnificent seven' :D

Let's not get too carried away with the names...
chosen%20ones%20lithograph-600x600.jpg

Ok, just no official memorabilia pieces please:)

Id expect Aish to be given alot of game time after 2 seasons in the SANFL in which he was tagged most of the time. Yes he is light framed but he can handle the hits... As long as he is fit he should feature with rests to manage any (if any) fatigue issues.

Taylor will likely explode once given a chance so games depends much on when he gets his first...I suspect he will get in reasonably early and a real chance to become a coaches pet

I'd like to think that losing the "Frivolous Five" and gaining these guys is a good deal for us ... let's see how they roll.

"Frivolous Five" is a nicely coined phrase James, well done.

Personally, I prefer to use slightly blunter and a tad more colorful words beginning with the letter "F" to describe our recent departees....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for doing us a favour and picking Bonts. You certainly helped us get Aish

Yeah I was hoping we would take him, it apparently came down to him or Bont, but both are going to be great players in the future. Good luck in 2014.

Let's not get too carried away with the names...
chosen%20ones%20lithograph-600x600.jpg

Ok, just no official memorabilia pieces please:)
I like the disclaimer at the bottom corner; "Artist impression only"
It should go further and say "Players may not actually get the ball in an exciting display of skill".
or;
"Murphy may not actually stay upright if pushed"
"Gibbs may not win his own ball in a contest"
"Ruckmen may or may not be allowed to have a kick and kick may or may not hit a target".

You'd have to think Aish would play a role in 2014 given his experience in the SANFL but, by the looks of him he could use a few kilos. He seems like a top young bloke but my slight worry with him, given what we've been through, is his Norwood/SANFL Pedigree. I'm hoping he doesn't feel the need to jump back to somewhere like the Crows after a couple of years. Taylor also looks like he could play senior footy soon. Despite his size he just seems like one of those down-to-earth, tough as nails country kids who will fit right in and make a fist of it and an impact soon. I was impressed with his enthusiasm about 'starting from the bottom again' and his mature approach to his difficult family situation. I really think that these kinds of things say a lot about young talent.

I'm hoping he doesn't feel the need to jump back to somewhere like the Crows after a couple of years. Taylor.

This quote from Aish is very endearing:

Despite having a famous South Australian footballing name and a tight-knit family, home sickness is unlikely to grip Aish.

"If I got drafted by an Adelaide club I reckon there would have been some extra pressure on me so it is probably good to get out and go make a name for myself somewhere else," he said. "This way I can be judged purely on what I do, not on what my family have done.

Yeah wrapped with Aish.
We really needed another elite mid. We really only have two at the moment in Rich and Hanley.
Rockcliff is awesome but not an elite outside player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion The 'Super Seven'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back