Preview The Swans Redemption Arc Goes On - Sydney vs Port Adelaide - Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez the build up for this game was like clockwork. Across social media I've probably seen around 10+ different graphics of the same thing.

Did you know that Sydney haven't beaten Port SINCE 2016?!?!?!
Why are we not seeing;
Did you know that Port haven't won a prelim SINCE 2004?!?!?!

Rioli and Curtis Deboy are a scary combination. Gave GWS 3 corrupt goals against us then did exactly the same by gifting goals to the hawks to get them back in it.

I’m actually relieved Stevic is there to calm down the other clowns.
I'm particularly concerned with Rioli and DeBoy. They did everything they possibly could to get GWS over the line against us. Not sure whether they were pro GWS or anti Swans. Let's hope it was the former.

Think Fox makes more sense as a like for like replacement for Mills. Port have the wood on us aerially so probably not a bad call to bring an extra tall in.

Only worry is that we really need all midfield hands on deck against Port. But I guess at some point it's robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Wow @ Adams not even making the emergencies list though.

I really do feel for Adams, though don’t hate the selector’s decisions either. Whoever missed out would be unlucky.

Of that bench, it looks like the most likely to play sub will be Campbell*. This is interesting as Longmire mentioned Campbell would have started last time if he was 100%. Makes me wonder if the groin still has a question mark.

*My reasoning for the sub not being the others:
  • It is never going to be McLean or Jordon.
  • IMO is doesn’t make sense to be Fox (he is coming in for Mills in defence) or Juzzy (he is still feeling his way in and may not make an impact coming on with limited time).
Also interesting that Parker has secured a first 18 position. I actually thought he would be best to play sub. I hope he has a strong impact early and rattles the bones of some of the Port players!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good call re Fox.

Proven finals performer, best like for like replacement for Mills this week as well as the only solid match up for Cameron in a GF if games pan out the way I think they will

We will never have a better chance than this, at home, 'weak/even season', fresh off the bye, literally 1 player off full strength (and a player who's barely been there this year anyway)...be hard to cop if we pissed this opportunity away, we'll never get a better one.
I don't rate the opposition as much as the other teams who finished top 5 but for whatever reason we just can't get it done against these guys, seeing some of the vision of the last game kicking around is a damning reminder of what we can serve up from time to time.

The first qtr and a half is potentially the nerve-racking watch, it's literally where they'll go for their win - they know that's their best opportunity. If we can keep close enough on the scoreboard I back us in to run over them, but for a change can we not make things harder than they need to be and just start a game well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back