No Oppo Supporters THE TAN 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only one that I would consider turning off is the Advertising ID as it is a little too much like what Google does for my liking. Any others you turn off will make some of the features not work as well.

I really don't understand the concern about the Wifi Sense feature. Some have misreported it entirely, but this article gets it somewhat right. It is only the service that is running which is turned on by default which allows you to share it if you want. Nothing will happen until you specify you want it shared. I get that its annoying you can't create a group of contacts to share your network with, but given Wifi covers such a small area, how many of your contacts are you expecting to sit out the front of your house stealing your internet? People won't even know that you are sharing it until you actually are where the Wifi network is anyway.

In other articles people are concerned about the T&Cs mentioning that Microsoft will co-operate with law enforcement if required to provide data. I'm not really sure what people expect as nothing has changed here. Any legitimate company providing services on the internet would be expected to do the same. You would need to stop using the internet entirely if that is a concern.

Im not entirely sure but weren't they spaced further apart. Now they are practically every year.
Will go back to being every 18 months now. London Olympics, world cup and other issues have demanded they squeeze the ashes in and rather than lose the revenue completely, they choose to go the other way.

Surely we are allowed to pull up the odd bad call made by fellow posters and poke a bit of fun.
There were 5 bumped threads on our front page, people were doing it just for the sake of bumping. There was one that discussed much of what was being said in the false dawn thread, and we have another two threads talking about I was wrong about Hardwick and the #Sack/StandbyHardwick thread. If people are bumping threads just to laugh at old posts or there is no new discussion then nah, that's not right.

We don't allow direct quotes from other boards, the name has to be removed, if people want to have a laugh at old threads maybe we can revisit during the off season and do something similar. As in, create a thread looking at old quotes but remove the direct link to it. As long as it's done in a way that's fun and for a laugh, not malicious then it might be ok. Right now we're in the middle of footy season, better things to talk about.

Some enjoyable light reading

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/welcome-to-carlton-liam-jones.1080146/

If you're a defender be afraid of this forward line marking power.... skid marks not on the turf but in their pants.

Casboult (top 10 marks in the comp)
Walker (see Stepladder you-tube v essendon)
Menzel (we already know how good a mark he is)
Jones (his best attribute is his marking)
Henderson (great mark when on)

That pick 46 turned out to be the little helmet kid Caleb Daniel who is playing some good footy. :D

There were 5 bumped threads on our front page, people were doing it just for the sake of bumping. There was one that discussed much of what was being said in the false dawn thread, and we have another two threads talking about I was wrong about Hardwick and the #Sack/StandbyHardwick thread. If people are bumping threads just to laugh at old posts or there is no new discussion then nah, that's not right.

We don't allow direct quotes from other boards, the name has to be removed, if people want to have a laugh at old threads maybe we can revisit during the off season and do something similar. As in, create a thread looking at old quotes but remove the direct link to it. As long as it's done in a way that's fun and for a laugh, not malicious then it might be ok. Right now we're in the middle of footy season, better things to talk about.
That would be awesome. Anything for an off-season laugh.

Bet sold for $100.00

Details: AFL R19 Adel-Rich H2H - Richmond Win$100@$1.65=$165.00

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely mocking Tiger71 and tigs2010 massive inaccurate claims is outside this prohibition?

After all, we can't forget gold like:

i don't know why everyone is bagging Bootsma. He'll win the Carlton b&f one day, bookmark it

Surely mocking Tiger71 and tigs2010 massive inaccurate claims is outside this prohibition?

After all, we can't forget gold like:
In fairness, Bootsma would have been in it up to his eye balls this year if he'd been able to keep his wang away from a camera. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back