The Transfers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way thats true, 5 mill is bargain for a player of Huntelaar's quality.

6 months left on his contract and already 29.

Though in saying that I can't see this deal happening as we need a striker who can create their own chances and get involved in the build up play. That and he is champions league tied.

He's not playing well at the moment, thought he was OK in the first half yesterday.

But as happens most weeks people see no middle ground, either he is brilliant or a nightmare.

I don't know if we are looking to sell, I wouldn't have thought we'd consider anything less than the £25m we bought him for).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not playing well at the moment, thought he was OK in the first half yesterday.

But as happens most weeks people see no middle ground, either he is brilliant or a nightmare.

I don't know if we are looking to sell, I wouldn't have thought we'd consider anything less than the £25m we bought him for).
Okay enjoy his negative influence and dropping value over the next few years

Okay enjoy his negative influence and dropping value over the next few years

He's won 4 league titles and a champions league at 21 years old. Perhaps his negative influence isn't as significant as you would like to believe.

He's won 4 league titles and a champions league at 21 years old. Perhaps his negative influence isn't as significant as you would like to believe.

That's true, but it's important to remember that not every player in a title or cup winning squad will necessarily have had a net positive contribution towards the success of that side.

No-one doubts his pure talent, but Mourinho often spoke of Balotelli's disruptive influence at Inter and in 2009 said he had no choice but to exclude him from the squad for the 2nd half of the season, even his team mates were publicly chastising him by the end of his time at Inter and he was not involved in many crucial games because neither they nor his manager felt they could trust him to perform his role for the team.

In short, yes he has won a lot of trophies for a player his age, but apart from the league title he won at City last year (where to his credit he scored some important goals when the side needed them), I don't think it's reasonable to say he played a critical role in any of the others, seeing as both his manager and his team mates at Inter felt more than comfortable they could win without his contribution.

As for this affecting his transfer value, he seems to have sorted out the majority of his issues off the field and from what I've read he doesn't seem to be anywhere near as disruptive off the field, but it is his performances on the field which are now of concern. 3 goals in 15 appearances in all competitions is a significant drop in form from last season, and would surely lessen City's bargaining power in the unlikely event they decided to sell him. Personally I can see him staying there for the foreseeable future.

Personally I can see him staying there for the foreseeable future.

No one is going to pay him the wages he demands and a transfer fee to make it worthwhile for City. Plus his ego is too big to allow himself to play for anyone other than the Barcas/Reals/Milans of this world.

For whatever people want to say about his performance yesterday (I thought he was lazily average, but then I was only watching on TV), you can't deny that City looked a million times better one Tevez came on and actually started putting himself about.

Tevez was the game changer. He's a brilliant player and there is no logical reason for Balotelli or Nasri starting ahead of him. In the end it probably cost City the match.

tevez was one of the gamechangers. i'd say the biggest gamechanger was kompany's injury.

I don't see it. You were already one down when he went off, and he likely wouldn't have made a difference for the second goal. Plus Toure I thought was very good when he came on.

leadership. the team distinctly lacked leadership. he would've put himself in the wall for the 3rd. he would've just changed so many little things that happened at the back. granted kolo was superb (probably his best game for the club) but he's not the leader that vinny is. he was labouring the for 2nd goal, if he was fully fit for that he would've at least put some pressure on rooney, but was unable to keep up (from memory)

Ballotelli is worth maybe 15? He doesnt even score many goals? Not really sure what all the fuss is about. City were poor when he was on, took him off and brought on Tevez and City looked like winning the game.

Very easy to make judgements on a player and use individual games as proof.

I'm guessing (in fact I know) that plenty of people were saying there was no logical reason to select Balotelli for the FA Cup Semi against United, the 1-6 game, the Cup final etc etc.

Out of form no doubt.

Jod, for someone that doesn't score much he has 5 less goals than Suarez from 23 less starts and 6 less appearances overall. And you think he is the best striker that ever lived worth £100 billion trillion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back