The umpiring error that cost us our season

Remove this Banner Ad

Aren't you the one who carried on for months that Dimma should get sacked because he got a divorce and the players wouldn't respect him anymore? Then followed up with Dimma needs to leave so the AFL gives us a fair go?

Wouldn't be throwing stones given your posting history is the epitome of lacking spine.

Something something, Glass houses.
same poster was always going to be back after an absence as soon as we lost with the 'look at me, look at me'. rubbish pot stirring.....we lost the game for 7 or 8 reasons....50/50 umpire calls that didn't go our way was just one of those.

This is essentially the Grant Thomas situation 20 years on. Anyone who thinks the AFL does not do this s**t needs to go back to that moment where the umpires got clearly caught talking about how they were going to root the Saints. And they did. And no one did anything as no one liked the Saints & Thomas back then.

20 years on, its us. There is no reality where that goal should have been overturned. None. Richmond supporters who want to help them sweep it under the carpet nice and fast like they tried (releasing a press statement close to midnight stating it was a goal to avoid the drawn out attention to the matter), those supporters can * right off as far as im concerned. soft as * and only want to be a supporter for the good feels, not the tough times like this is right now.
and what about the fact that they wont let benny gale anywhere near afl house

Been playing footy and watching it for long enough to know how ball trajectory works. From that distance whilst kicking a banana for the ball to be able to go up and over the goal post is near on impossible. The ball is clearly spinning like a banana should therefore given it never started outside of the left hand goalpost thus the ball would have had to been past the line in between the two big sticks based on the trajectory of Lynchs kick. You can't tell me that the ball started spinning like a banana should at the apex of the kick, it would have had to have already been over the line otherwise it would have been the otherside of the point post.

The only other explanation would be that it did indeed hit the point post to force the ball to continue moving in the direction it did. But we know it didn't.

Lynch clearly knew he had fluffed it and the vision confirms it. Correct call by ARC.
View attachment 1497425
A Pinocchio of Cats fans.

It 100% did not go over the goal post. It was about 1-metre below the height of the goal post when it went past. Thats why the goal umpire said “I just want to check which side of the post it went”.

You can see this clearly when you freeze frame the video taken by the person in the crowd. When you zoom right in and freeze, the football is clearly behind the post at a specific stage of that video. It’s not even in dispute. The vision of it going ‘over the post’ is when the ball was past the post. I’m sure someone can do a more crisp zoom than me, but here you can see the footy disappears BEHIND the post. Again, it’s why the umpire said “I just want to check which side of the post it went … and it 100% went the goal side. So the only question is if it HIT the post …. did anyone even check ultra edge which I believe they had available?”

Someone needs to get this to one of the footy shows next week and embarrass the heck out of the AFL…. the ‘ultra edge’ could have provided the definitive decision … and it wasn’t even used as the muppet took 8-seconds thinking it went over the post.

What an absolute cluster f*ck. Can someone get this in higher resolution and start spreading the word! We won’t get the points back but we will get the moral victory and embarrass the corrupt AFL.

IMG_5721.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lynch should have control snapped it with the left
Lynch should have given a fist pump and started running even if he wasn’t sure
Should have been paid 50 regardless for Andrews coming off the mark
Should have been given a goal regardless as on no planet is that sufficient evidence to overturn

Only we could have this sort of stinking farce on a f’n 5m shot at goal.

I know everyone has commented on this elsewhere, but seriously think we are not giving this moment the respect it deserves by not having its own thread.

All year as supporters, we have bitched and moaned about AFL/umpiring interference that seemingly continued to derail our season. This overturned goal however is, by far, the worst example of it as the system which failed us is meant to be the safest and most accurate in the entire league. Definitive proof is required to overturn a goal. As of yet the AFL has provided no such proof.

The below fan footage to me totally debunks any possibility to "definitive" proof, as this video to me clearly shows its a goal.

People need to remember that he is kicking this from literally 5m out. The ball has barely any distance to travel.

The first shot shows the ball hitting his boot. note the time. 11 seconds

View attachment 1497233

The 2nd shot show the ball inside the post on its way -through

View attachment 1497214

The 3rd shot shows it alongside the post, without actually hitting it. If the ball was hitting the post as they say, then why the F did it not hit it at this point?

View attachment 1497218

This 4th shot where people say "its over the post" clearly have no idea of scale, but also how long it takes a footy to go 5m when kicked by a powerful person. This shot the ball is CLEARLY past the post.The scale of the post vs Ball is so far our its not funny, the footy looks like a cricket ball ffs. To also believe that this shot shows its "over the post" means you would have to believe the Lynchs kick which had to travel 5 meters to 2 full seconds to complete its journey through the goals from foot to passing the goal line. That is just not possible.

View attachment 1497221

I know nothing can change now, but this has literally been the center of all our bitching all year. If we want this s**t to stop, we need to make it clear - we know we were *ed.we know the AFL broke their own protocol to make it happen. We expect the AFL to actually provide the proof they drew from to overturn the call, and it must be more definitive than this video / pics to over-rule it.

Just gutted to lose like this. There is no reality where the ARC should have overturned that, especially from the footage we saw them checking & especially within 20-30 seconds.

People wondering why the call came so fast? Because if they took longer they know we would have set up more of a zone behind the ball and we would have locked it in. They made a quick call when everyone was expecting a goal, which allowed the Lions an easy chance to move the ball down the field.

Just gutted - quite literally we were robbed of this one. All year we felt this. It was why i stopped watching games live. Its why despite the final being played on my doorstep, i avoided going - i just knew there was no way i would go to that ground and leave feeling like i watched a game played and won fairly. 2022 was a joke of a season for Richmond fans

Watching on television, I thought it was a goal; watching the fan video, I think it's a goal; freezing the official replays, I think it's a goal. In the frame on the right, the ball is in the position where people are describing it as "over" the goal post but if you look at the frame on the left, I can't see how you can reach any conclusion other than that the ball is in fact behind the post at that point.

Attachments

• lynch 'goal'.png
    lynch 'goal'.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 97
It clearly shows it doesn't

The footage of it above the post is a full 2 seconds after he kicks it. There is no way in hell that is physically possible. No ball can take 2 seconds to cross the line from 5meters out. People are just dumb & want it to be right as they don't like Richmond. That is all its about. That is the world we live in. We excuse injustice as long as the victim is deemed somewhat our enemy.

You don’t need seconds or anything…. freeze the video and you can see the ball disappears BEHIND the post. Getting a sharp age if that will prove it once and for all. We need to spread the word to embarrass the AFL for coming out within hours to confirm the decision was correct … yet there’s definitive proof the friggin ball didn’t even go over the post, it went past it. Again, their own goal umpire in PERFECT position said “I just want to check which side of the post it went”… had there been any consultation at all and the ARC took their time on a season defining decision we’d be looking forward to week 2 of finals.

I was honestly of the opinion it was a point … but incorrect process was followed… but i settled down as I thought the right decision was made. But this proves why ‘umpires call’ is important unless there is DEFINITIVE proof.

Farken pee’d off now I believe it was actually a
Goal!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

same poster was always going to be back after an absence as soon as we lost with the 'look at me, look at me'. rubbish pot stirring.....we lost the game for 7 or 8 reasons....50/50 umpire calls that didn't go our way was just one of those.
She's the epitome of faux woke culture. Somehow finds an injustice narrative where it doesn't exist.

Will somehow blame his divorce on the arc decision.

So if the umpire wanted to know what side of the post the ball went why say "I think it was a goal," shouldn't he of said, "I don't know what it was, even if I was in the perfect position"?

Should have been given a goal regardless as on no planet is that sufficient evidence to overturn

Or he could just kick the goal like he did, even with Harris Andrews running at him off the mark. Look at this image. You can see the post in front of the ball. Lynch's reaction is because Andrews ran at him and he lost the ball in the lights(his words). There was no Richmond player on the line to see this and they were reacting to the strange reaction of Lynch. Goal umpire in perfect position thought it was a goal. Crowd thought it was a goal. It was a goal.

The footage on the night was inconclusive to overturn the goal umpires call and the reverse angle footage that has emerged since proves it was a goal. Letter of the law or common sense, take your pick, it’s a goal and it makes a 5 point difference to the result.

Many are blinded by their hatred of Richmond and many Tigers fans/figures have internalised the commands of people that hate them.

What is even the point of being a big club if you can’t challenge this. It is an unnatural state of affairs that such a financially strong club would not respond litigiously to this. Being a well heeled club doesn’t get you more in the salary cap or the soft cap, so what is the point of being well heeled if it is not for this? Is it just for the purpose of being redistributed to poorer clubs? Why even pay for membership if it confers no actual benefit to the club? Carlton challenged Cripps and good on them. Not standing up to this type of thing is a mentality of poverty and will ensure that it continues to happen. This stance of stoically accepting this type of thing will ensure that it continues to happen and has never in the history of mankind been successful in deterring this sort of bullying.

We are seeing a coalition of weak individuals and groups shamelessly joining together to usurp the strong through means of corruption. It is unnatural and it is wrong in any facet of life, not just in sports. 42709804-78A4-4E25-AE4B-BF06FA74D9DB.jpeg

Attachments

• 53A5DD99-F002-4A54-B0A5-AA670D78729D.jpeg
    53A5DD99-F002-4A54-B0A5-AA670D78729D.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 85

Or he could just kick the goal like he did, even with Harris Andrews running at him off the mark. Look at this image. You can see the post in front of the ball. Lynch's reaction is because Andrews ran at him and he lost the ball in the lights(his words). There was no Richmond player on the line to see this and they were reacting to the strange reaction of Lynch. Goal umpire in perfect position thought it was a goal. Crowd thought it was a goal. It was a goal.

The footage on the night was inconclusive to overturn the goal umpires call and the reverse angle footage that has emerged since proves it was a goal. Letter of the law or common sense, take your pick, it’s a goal and it makes a 5 point difference to the result.

Many are blinded by their hatred of Richmond and many Tigers fans/figures have internalised the commands of people that hate them.

What is even the point of being a big club if you can’t challenge this. It is an unnatural state of affairs that such a financially strong club would not respond litigiously to this. Being a well heeled club doesn’t get you more in the salary cap or the soft cap, so what is the point of being well heeled if it is not for this? Is it just for the purpose of being redistributed to poorer clubs? Why even pay for membership if it confers no actual benefit to the club? Carlton challenged Cripps and good on them. Not standing up to this type of thing is a mentality of poverty and will ensure that it continues to happen. This stance of stoically accepting this type of thing will ensure that it continues to happen and has never in the history of mankind been successful in deterring this sort of bullying.

We are seeing a coalition of weak individuals and groups shamelessly joining together to usurp the strong through means of corruption. It is unnatural and it is wrong in any facet of life, not just in sports.View attachment 1497586

It 100% did not go over the goal post. It was about 1-metre below the height of the goal post when it went past. Thats why the goal umpire said “I just want to check which side of the post it went”.

You can see this clearly when you freeze frame the video taken by the person in the crowd. When you zoom right in and freeze, the football is clearly behind the post at a specific stage of that video. It’s not even in dispute. The vision of it going ‘over the post’ is when the ball was past the post. I’m sure someone can do a more crisp zoom than me, but here you can see the footy disappears BEHIND the post. Again, it’s why the umpire said “I just want to check which side of the post it went … and it 100% went the goal side. So the only question is if it HIT the post …. did anyone even check ultra edge which I believe they had available?”

Someone needs to get this to one of the footy shows next week and embarrass the * out of the AFL…. the ‘ultra edge’ could have provided the definitive decision … and it wasn’t even used as the muppet took 8-seconds thinking it went over the post.

What an absolute cluster f*ck. Can someone get this in higher resolution and start spreading the word! We won’t get the points back but we will get the moral victory and embarrass the corrupt AFL.

View attachment 1497524

We are seeing a coalition of weak individuals and groups shamelessly joining together to usurp the strong through means of corruption. It is unnatural and it is wrong in any facet of life, not just in sports.View attachment 1497586
This is the pertinent image
Spam it wherever you can. Even the great man is up and about. The AFL can’t be allowed to squirm out of this one. We can get at the very least an apology here it is so blatant. 967EF984-EFC2-4FAB-8626-CC2BF5BEBEFA.png

Attachments

• 442E9F9E-C91E-487A-951F-FDDCBA198077.jpeg
    442E9F9E-C91E-487A-951F-FDDCBA198077.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 77
Ridiculous thread. We ****ed that game ourselves. Baker kicking it out on the full instead of dropping it in the goal square with 5 minutes to go. the Tarrant in the back that would have led to a certain bears goal. Rich ran too far which led to a Lynch shot on goal which you could argue shouldnt even have been paid. He should have kicked it right through the middle. Then 5 defenders next to Daniher and they allow him to kick it off the deck. No one to blame but ourselves

Lyncharc.jpg

This pic shows the cameras are not in sync.
Unless I'm getting something wrong, the Mid Cam ball should be in between the balls on the left and right cams, but it is on the center right of the post.
If the Left and mid are in sync, the umpire was right and it was a goal.
If the other two (left/right - mid/right) are in sync then it is a point and the umpire was wrong.
The human being in best position was the umpire at the bottom of the post looking up. The only caveat for him getting it wrong would be human error, I would guess him sprinting across to get into position causing him to misjudge it.

It was 100% a goal. It was called it

It's clearly a goal.we all know that it didn't hit the post - this photo shows the ball behind the post. Every frame BEFORE this one has the ball clearly on the right side of the post. The ball has been in the air for almost 1.5 seconds at this point. How long do people think a ball takes to travel 5 meters?

The scale if the ball goes from a football to a tennis ball. The entire Richmond crowd in the pocket cheered, as did the ones behind the goal high up. No lions supporters reacts at all. The goal umpire who was standing right under the post in question said he saw it as a goal & I don't think even asked for the challenge

It was a goal & the AFL literally just took it off us for no reason. They ignored their own rules & protocol & made a decision in 15 seconds off vague video not even close to the quality of that twitter video. It was a rort.

We didn't lose, it was stolen. We were 10 points up with 2 minutes on the clock. It was over

Ridiculous thread. We *ed that game ourselves. Baker kicking it out on the full instead of dropping it in the goal square with 5 minutes to go. the Tarrant in the back that would have led to a certain bears goal. Rich ran too far which led to a Lynch shot on goal which you could argue shouldnt even have been paid. He should have kicked it right through the middle. Then 5 defenders next to Daniher and they allow him to kick it off the deck. No one to blame but ourselves

We were 10 points up with 2 minutes on the clock ffs. Both teams made their errors in the last 5 minutes - I can't comprehend how people don't see that the overturn IS the deciding factor of that game. We were home & then they committed a farce.

The goal umpire was in the perfect position. Far better than Lynch. Far better than every camera we used to overturn it - to support this narrative that we lost it is allowing the afl to hold no accountability for this obvious interference. People always want 'The Club' to do the fighting, but some fights the supporters need to own. It's gross that so many are happy to allow the afl to let such a weak narrative cover their monumental error or deliberate interference to a finals result.

Especially when it's OUR CLUB that's the victim. Our players were robbed of a deserved victory & some of you want to move on fast & blame them. They didn't play a perfect game, but they sure as **** did more than Brisbane to win or deserve that win.

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpiring error that cost us our season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back