The umpiring error that cost us our season

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the pertinent image
Spam it wherever you can. Even the great man is up and about. The AFL can’t be allowed to squirm out of this one. We can get at the very least an apology here it is so blatant.View attachment 1497635
Good on Richo for fighting the fight where the club can't.

Benny & the club can't do shitless to fight this, but supporters can do stuff like Richo is doing to ask the league for its silver bullet that swung the decision. They have no proof, we know this from all the above.

He should have kicked it right through the middle.
Absolutely pathetic. Have you no standards for how you will allow others to treat you as person/fan/punter/club. If you don’t react and set boundaries it will continue to happen. This is the second time this year that an onfield umpire has been over ruled by faceless and unaccountable dweebs in the ARC and changed the result of Richmond games with new rules been made up on the spot(common sense,body language). If it was called out the first time it wouldn’t have happened again. Stoicism is not working for the Richmond football club or probably anyone on earth for that matter. It is a doctrine that overtime corrodes the esteem and morale of a people/club/nation as opposing forces walk over them while they sit in a state of noble indifference. It must be nipped in the bud now.
Ridiculous thread. We *ed that game ourselves. Baker kicking it out on the full instead of dropping it in the goal square with 5 minutes to go. the Tarrant in the back that would have led to a certain bears goal. Rich ran too far which led to a Lynch shot on goal which you could argue shouldnt even have been paid. He should have kicked it right through the middle. Then 5 defenders next to Daniher and they allow him to kick it off the deck. No one to blame but ourselves
Richmond played great all night, as did the Lions. Richmond won by 3 points.

No mistake it was deliberate

100%

I am not one to blame for losses. I have actually been one that has defied others for wanting to purely blame umps for our results this year. But last night was not "nothing". We were legit robbed. Their evidence is so flimsy - its so obvious. Why would any fan want to blame the team for that loss??? We played better than the Lions - we did enough to beat them. We DID beat them. And then they just interfered, there is no other way to put it

100%

I am not one to blame for losses. I have actually been one that has defied others for wanting to purely blame umps for our results this year. But last night was not "nothing". We were legit robbed. Their evidence is so flimsy - its so obvious. Why would any fan want to blame the team for that loss??? We played better than the Lions - we did enough to beat them. We DID beat them. And then they just interfered, there is no other way to put it
A farking disgrace that third umpire decision.
I am not letting the AFL get away with corruption.

A farking disgrace that third umpire decision.
I am not letting the AFL get away with corruption.

There is just too much weird shit we have seen this year for me to believe that too. I mean ffs, the night before the game someone dropped a video of Dusty grabbing a tittie when he was 15 - someone was clearly trying to destabilize the us or Dusty for the game.

The umpiring in the every other game i watch is so different to our games. Compare tonights game to last night - it was not even close. The lack of impact they had on the result was minimal - thats just never the case in our games. You can see Jack at the end of all these games confronting the umpires and eyeballing them - basically facing them and saying " you know as well as i do that was a goal". He did the same thing in the Swans game when they refused Prestia the 50. Think he did the same thing against Geelong too. The players know they have been getting ****ed all season, it had been boiling over all year. It constantly just sucked the life out of our blokes these events.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its like you guys think our whole fugn system isn't corrupt or some shít...

this is afl being just another microcosm in the illuminated macrocosm follow the money follow the leader all get yhe same hairstyle its safety in numbers cos the apex predators are people not fugn noble beasts.

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but why didn't the man on the mark have to stay put while Lynch was taking his kick?

He was meant to - the umpire just didn't pay a 50 because as they were probably applying "common sense". Either that, or they thought based on Lynch's reaction, he didn't seem to mind Andrews taking the liberty of breaching his mark, so they continued to allow him to as per Lynchs clear bodily intent.

I was sure from the crowd video and some still images it went past the post and not above it… got slammed on the main board so perhaps I was seeing what I wanted to see. Now I don’t know if the ball went above, around, behind or did a dance around the post.. 🤣🤣

Can’t change the result so time for me to move on. We weren’t beating Melbourne / Geelong / Sydney in consecutive weeks without Grimes and Prestia so I’ll just be happy with the better draft pick to make getting Taranto easier.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I was sure from the crowd video and some still images it went past the post and not above it… got slammed on the main board so perhaps I was seeing what I wanted to see. Now I don’t know if the ball went above, around, behind or did a dance around the post.. 🤣🤣

Can’t change the result so time for me to move on. We weren’t beating Melbourne / Geelong / Sydney in consecutive weeks without Grimes and Prestia so I’ll just be happy with the better draft pick to make getting Taranto easier.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have watched it so many times, especially that twitter video which is the best of the lot as it shows the actual depth involved. I am convinced it was a goal, especially when you freeze frame moment. the balls scale changes dramatically. At one point the ball looks to be through the post & based on its before and after freezeframes you can see the ball can only be behind the post. So if the ball is behind the post before it is above it, then you clearly have a goal.

You can't have a ball going over the post that has already crossed it. It was a weird ass kick, but it was a goal

I have watched it so many times, especially that twitter video which is the best of the lot as it shows the actual depth involved. I am convinced it was a goal, especially when you freeze frame moment. the balls scale changes dramatically. At one point the ball looks to be through the post & based on its before and after freezeframes you can see the ball can only be behind the post. So if the ball is behind the post before it is above it, then you clearly have a goal.

You can't have a ball going over the post that has already crossed it. It was a weird ass kick, but it was a goal
A lot of oppos seem to think that lynch was agro at missing when in fact it was the lions flog moving in on the mark. heck them all

The goal umpire got it right, i have no doubt after seeing the twitter video. The entire crowd in front of the camera celebrated because they too could see it was a goal.

Its unbelievable the afl would let a final be decided in this fashion.
The ball went above my head and I clearly saw the ball mask the post which means it was inside the post.

I know everyone has commented on this elsewhere, but seriously think we are not giving this moment the respect it deserves by not having its own thread.

All year as supporters, we have bitched and moaned about AFL/umpiring interference that seemingly continued to derail our season. This overturned goal however is, by far, the worst example of it as the system which failed us is meant to be the safest and most accurate in the entire league. Definitive proof is required to overturn a goal. As of yet the AFL has provided no such proof.

The below fan footage to me totally debunks any possibility to "definitive" proof, as this video to me clearly shows its a goal.

People need to remember that he is kicking this from literally 5m out. The ball has barely any distance to travel.

The first shot shows the ball hitting his boot. note the time. 11 seconds

View attachment 1497233

The 2nd shot show the ball inside the post on its way -through

View attachment 1497214

The 3rd shot shows it alongside the post, without actually hitting it. If the ball was hitting the post as they say, then why the F did it not hit it at this point?

View attachment 1497218

This 4th shot where people say "its over the post" clearly have no idea of scale, but also how long it takes a footy to go 5m when kicked by a powerful person. This shot the ball is CLEARLY past the post.The scale of the post vs Ball is so far our its not funny, the footy looks like a cricket ball ffs. To also believe that this shot shows its "over the post" means you would have to believe the Lynchs kick which had to travel 5 meters to 2 full seconds to complete its journey through the goals from foot to passing the goal line. That is just not possible.

View attachment 1497221

I know nothing can change now, but this has literally been the center of all our bitching all year. If we want this s**t to stop, we need to make it clear - we know we were *ed.we know the AFL broke their own protocol to make it happen. We expect the AFL to actually provide the proof they drew from to overturn the call, and it must be more definitive than this video / pics to over-rule it.

Just gutted to lose like this. There is no reality where the ARC should have overturned that, especially from the footage we saw them checking & especially within 20-30 seconds.

People wondering why the call came so fast? Because if they took longer they know we would have set up more of a zone behind the ball and we would have locked it in. They made a quick call when everyone was expecting a goal, which allowed the Lions an easy chance to move the ball down the field.

Just gutted - quite literally we were robbed of this one. All year we felt this. It was why i stopped watching games live. Its why despite the final being played on my doorstep, i avoided going - i just knew there was no way i would go to that ground and leave feeling like i watched a game played and won fairly. 2022 was a joke of a season for Richmond fans

It hurts but get over it mate, it’s a game of footy.

The reality is if it was a goal
It hurts but get over it mate, it’s a game of footy.

stop being a wimp.

I honestly have no time for supporters who want to act hollier than thou all year about being "positive beings" & about supporting the team is what matters.

Supporting your team is FIGHTING for them. What happened was a legit robbery - it was not an error or miscalculation, it was a decision made by the AFL. Richo & Dimma have both tweeted about the incident to raise its story in the media & if these fans that think that wiggling their fingers and sending good vibes makes them a superior fan did the same thing, we might actually make the AFL squirm alot as they CLEARLY wiul have NO EVIDENCE. We have seen all the footage already - its inconclusive, or suggest it was a goal. Its definitely not the "definitive proof" required.

everyone has just swept it under the carpet at afl house

People are letting them. Even our own "fans"

FFS, look at where the umpire was when the ball went through. He is literally looking over his shoulder at it at this point. The ball had already passed through.

Watch the Twitter crowd video again and you will see the goal umpire turn his head as the ball passes him - he knows it was a goal. He literally saw it & called it that way as he had the perfect spot to watch it,

This stinks so bad

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 11.48.27 pm.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpiring error that cost us our season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back