The Under 19 Australian Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dropped in slips. Poor.
Edit: Vidler follows up that disappointing situation with a quick out swinging lbw.
Hicks's fault really, went for it and pulled out and completely put the fielder off. Hicks is a pretty poor keeper compared to what I have seen of Aitken, might end up costing up later in the tournament.

Vidler is Dale Steyn reincarnated
I imagine Qld will give him a rookie contract next season, get him working with Bichel on a regular basis and work a bit on his patience/discipline and he could be a star. Tends to go back of a length pretty quickly rather than keeping it up in the right areas longer. Does have a great short ball though, so I can understand why he gets drawn to bowl it.

I imagine Qld will give him a rookie contract next season, get him working with Bichel on a regular basis and work a bit on his patience/discipline and he could be a star. Tends to go back of a length pretty quickly rather than keeping it up in the right areas longer. Does have a great short ball though, so I can understand why he gets drawn to bowl it.
He’s a young quick. Normal to be learning these things.
It’s his natural talent that excites me.

He looks capable of playing state cricket immediately post the champs. Players who swing the ball at that pace are worth their weight in gold.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Under 19 Australian Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back