The Upper Murray Football League (Part2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair bit happening up in the hills, good to see. Feds look to get some old heads back, just need some young guns to be competitive again. Sounds like cudge and bullioh will be strong again. mullo gone too to get flogged every week (along with nankervis from corryong). from what i've heard this team is sh*t. why would king leave cudge - does he even get a kick, have never rated too highly.

corryong, depsite what some people think, havent spent much money in recent seasons and have battled their way to grand finals (admittedly got smashed in '08) - perhaps can do it again this year. heard barlee killin it in prac matches at jindera but talk of returning to demons. can jeffo last a year at that rabble known as myrtleford??

Border/Walwa are supposed to be the big threat to Bullioh, does anyone know how they have gone in practice matches this year? Why are Cudge the big threats to Bullioh? They have lost Mullo, T.Jarvis and Ladgrove (?) and have only got Bloomy back. Expect Tumba to slowly improve again, they rely soley on locals and they have the best kids in the comp and with Cameron back it can only help.:)

Border/Walwa are supposed to be the big threat to Bullioh, does anyone know how they have gone in practice matches this year? Why are Cudge the big threats to Bullioh? They have lost Mullo, T.Jarvis and Ladgrove (?) and have only got Bloomy back. Expect Tumba to slowly improve again, they rely soley on locals and they have the best kids in the comp and with Cameron back it can only help.:)

Walwa - the team that got beaten by the murray magpies in a praccy match by 20 goals? yeah they look red hot johnny :thumbsdown:
bloom is a freak - hard as nails and gets tons of it - best shirt fronter in the league! but yeah cudge prob still need to get a few more.

did i read someone compare bullioh's skills "only second to afl standard" on here... hahaha sure mate

its pretty funny u say cudge aint a threat cause they have lost mullo ( played maybe 6 games last year) ladgrove (played maybe 5 games last year) and best of all t. jarvis a loss... my dead grandpa was more of a loss back wen i was a kid.

First of all great to see you are back on line super wog all the best to you an your partner with baby on the way.
Johnny G did'nt the paper say expect bullioh feds cudgie an corryong to get late signings so that means they will recruit wright up-till end of JUNE .
Mullo will be abig lost to cudgie so will Kingy if he does leave an play for bb saints.I do agree with you about tumba they will improve

its pretty funny u say cudge aint a threat cause they have lost mullo ( played maybe 6 games last year) ladgrove (played maybe 5 games last year) and best of all t. jarvis a loss... my dead grandpa was more of a loss back wen i was a kid.

Super Wog abit harsh on T.Jarvis.How many senior games have you played because loosing 4 senior players out of last years side could hurt cudgie because there's not many players in the ressies who are prepared to step up an play seniors an don't give me that bullshit that they want to play with thier mates it's more like they want to get the easy kicks an don't like trainning [CLAYTON FOOTBALLERS].

Super Wog abit harsh on T.Jarvis.How many senior games have you played because loosing 4 senior players out of last years side could hurt cudgie because there's not many players in the ressies who are prepared to step up an play seniors an don't give me that bullshit that they want to play with thier mates it's more like they want to get the easy kicks an don't like trainning [CLAYTON FOOTBALLERS].

No way, from what I have read on here these blokes in the upper murray 2's are superstars REF, just ask them...

I dont think they have the choice of playing senior football ("nah the 2's blokes are better"), your not fooling anyone boys.

Walwa - the team that got beaten by the murray magpies in a praccy match by 20 goals? yeah they look red hot johnny :thumbsdown:
bloom is a freak - hard as nails and gets tons of it - best shirt fronter in the league! but yeah cudge prob still need to get a few more.

did i read someone compare bullioh's skills "only second to afl standard" on here... hahaha sure mate
rumour is ash sutherland is going to play for border walwa this year if true massive for border walwa

rumour is ash sutherland is going to play for border walwa this year if true massive for border walwa

I doubt Ash will play footy again. I know he has a few mates from Kiewa Cricket Club who are playing with Walwa but I don't think he will risk it with his knee. He said last year that he wouldn't play footy again - his cricket means too much to him and won't take the risk of getting a long term injury. Still I would like to see him have a crack though - Ash and the recently signed Andy Becker together in the one team would be unstoppable! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

matt bos did such a good job last year....,did feds play maybe 4 games? kept saying they would have a side but rarely did, and just wasted everyones time.

Can't turn pig sh*t into gold - gotta work with what you got.
Heard that there is a car full of young alb/wod blokes heading up to walwa for a game each week. Not bad form.

I doubt Ash will play footy again. I know he has a few mates from Kiewa Cricket Club who are playing with Walwa but I don't think he will risk it with his knee. He said last year that he wouldn't play footy again - his cricket means too much to him and won't take the risk of getting a long term injury. Still I would like to see him have a crack though - Ash and the recently signed Andy Becker together in the one team would be unstoppable! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Becker HUGE bonus for Walwa. Hows his form this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know how many LOCALS play for Border/Walwa?
I see x corryong coach Troy Taylor has pulled the boots back on for the 2009 season and could be bringing 1 or 2 players with him to corryong you would of thought he mite go and help his mate out at tumba.[sorry max but tumba need 1 or 2 experience players in that young team to give them abit more direction when the games are close].Is anyone prepared to put their tips in for RD1?

Does anyone know how many LOCALS play for Border/Walwa?
I see x corryong coach Troy Taylor has pulled the boots back on for the 2009 season and could be bringing 1 or 2 players with him to corryong you would of thought he mite go and help his mate out at tumba.[sorry max but tumba need 1 or 2 experience players in that young team to give them abit more direction when the games are close].Is anyone prepared to put their tips in for RD1?

havent had a chance to look at the draw yet, what date does rnd 1 kick off?

its good to see taylor going again at corryong - he loves the club just hope his body holds up, hes a kamimaze at the ball - cant kick for sh*t but u wont find a bloke who has more of a go. your right he is good for the young blokes too, espeically at the pub afterwards - LOOSE UNIT!:)

if federals sign simon paton he's going to be the best player up there by a mile - anyone heard news of this?

havent had a chance to look at the draw yet, what date does rnd 1 kick off?

its good to see taylor going again at corryong - he loves the club just hope his body holds up, hes a kamimaze at the ball - cant kick for sh*t but u wont find a bloke who has more of a go. your right he is good for the young blokes too, espeically at the pub afterwards - LOOSE UNIT!:)

if federals sign simon paton he's going to be the best player up there by a mile - anyone heard news of this?

Havn't heard to much on Paton. Last i heard he was headin snow boardin for the winter. No dought they'll be in he's ear though. Totally agree that he'd be streets ahead of anyone else up there if half fit and the groins hold up... Any other signings or potential recruits around the clubs?

Silver Kid RD1 starts 18th April

In a close one tumba to beat B/W 7pts

Cudgie over corryong by21pts

Bullioh over feds by7gls

RESSIE
B/W over tumba by 6gls [only because b/w played in last gf]

cudgie over corry by 10gls

bullioh over feds 12gls

Silver Kid RD1 starts 18th April

In a close one tumba to beat B/W 7pts

Cudgie over corryong by21pts

Bullioh over feds by7gls

RESSIE
B/W over tumba by 6gls [only because b/w played in last gf]

cudgie over corry by 10gls

bullioh over feds 12gls
sounds about right .... but the ressies is all wrong! tumba to beat b/w, there wont be a game between cudgie and corryong as both clubs wont have the players and bullioh will set a new record with a 40goal win

I reckon its to early for tips yet but what the hell

1sts
Walwa by 27 points over Tumba
Cudgewa by 39 points over Corryong
Bullioh by 40 over Feds

2nds
Walwa by 25 over Tumba
Bullioh by 100 over Feds
And in case corryong pull a team Cudgewa by 125

I reckon its to early for tips yet but what the hell

1sts
Walwa by 27 points over Tumba
Cudgewa by 39 points over Corryong
Bullioh by 40 over Feds

2nds
Walwa by 25 over Tumba
Bullioh by 100 over Feds
And in case corryong pull a team Cudgewa by 125

Famous Roo my tips are

1st
Tumba by 18pts over B/W
Corryong in an upset over Cudgie 2pts
Bullioh over feds by 14pts

RESSIES
B/ W over tumba 16pts
Cudgie over Corryong 10gls plus
Bullioh over Feds 12gls

I know i might cop abit of flack back over my selection but anything can happen in football so the saying goes
bring on RD1
I know

Becker HUGE bonus for Walwa. Hows his form this year?

Not bad from what I hear. Apparently he made a great go of it while rucking against Horto in the recent practice match v Wod Saints - ran out of puff abit towards the end though. If he strikes it lucky with the ladies on his cricket trip this weekend he will begin the season with the spring of a 17 year old!

Not bad from what I hear. Apparently he made a great go of it while rucking against Horto in the recent practice match v Wod Saints - ran out of puff abit towards the end though. If he strikes it lucky with the ladies on his cricket trip this weekend he will begin the season with the spring of a 17 year old!
borry's form all depends on this weekend, lets hope he gets laid, borry has a good footy/cricket trip away form ratio lets hope the boy's help him out this weekend.[good luck borry]

Good on him! Lets hope injury doesn't come back to haunt him. Huge asset for walwa in 2009.

How are the grounds holding up? I'm guessing it's still pretty dusty and tough going even after a few recent sprinkles.

Pretty dissappointed with the upper murray football league website, not much to look at! I urge all clubs to get onto it, update, etc. Unfortunately makes the league look unworthy.

Heard a rumour up in these hills that B/W might go the knuckle on tumba first game. If it's true watch out you don't bite off more than you can chew boys.
Went over there last night to watch them train seen we play them second game and from what i seen they are focused on just playing good footy and bettering last years result.They aren't the tumba of old

Heard last week that RATS baby brother mark became a dad
baby weighing in around 8 pounds an size 6 feet.They say when the doc spanked him an the backside instead of crying he asked for a rum an coke can [he's daddys little boy] CON GRATS MARK an partner
WHERE'S SUPER WOG

Remove this Banner Ad

The Upper Murray Football League (Part2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back