The Upper Murray Football League (Part2)

Remove this Banner Ad

well this weekends footy is on sunday
i think that the winner will be
cudge by 30 points over tumba
Feds maggets by 20 goal over corryong
the dog by 60+ point over the maggies (blake and white c:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Toecutter read the paper he kicked 2gls you should know that aren't you one of his mates and by the way has A.Hunt been cleared because it has pending on clearances.
Yeah i know, but i wanted an impartial opinion on how they went. The Original Toecutter loves his boys to death, particularly Rat Williams, Ben Macklan and when Wayne Piltz was there.:D As far as i know Adam Hunt has been cleared by the Saints:)

TIPS FOR THIS SUNDAY
Fedrals over Corryong 5gls always close games between these two clubs

Bullioh over B/W 14pts

Cudgie tumba draw

RESSIES
Cudgie over Tumba 7gls

Bullioh over B/W 10gls

We will just have to wait an see if Feds an Corryong get sides

I know that there were a few injuries for the cudgie 2's but left at half time of the seniors, No.7 out for at least the next 5 weeks and No.46 i think it was will be doubtfull (was on the forward flank) and No.12 could be done for the year. 3 from demons will be very proppy after copping knocks then doubling up. Will be an interesting weekend with all clubs more than likely fielding teams with hung-over people!

Feds by 10 gls over corryong - corryong really struggling this year, will improve though.

bullioh by 5 points over BW.

Cudge by 2 goals against Tumba

bad news for sheather - may take ages to recover if broken in two places, good luck.

Yeah i know, but i wanted an impartial opinion on how they went. The Original Toecutter loves his boys to death, particularly Rat Williams, Ben Macklan and when Wayne Piltz was there.:D As far as i know Adam Hunt has been cleared by the Saints:)

Good to see you up at cudgie toecutter now you can make your own acessment of tumba.What do you think? Maxie has put a good side together and they have depth to cover injuries also i can see why he went after Ben Macklan an the Brook brothers .I think they might give Bullioh arun for thier money.

Good to see you up at cudgie toecutter now you can make your own acessment of tumba.What do you think? Maxie has put a good side together and they have depth to cover injuries also i can see why he went after Ben Macklan an the Brook brothers .I think they might give Bullioh arun for thier money.
well done to all the players who braved the shit weather yesterday. to tumba well done but after going to the game both sides looked pretty ordinary with both sides missing quite a few players so much cudgys whole back line being made up of there 2nds players( apart from a.star) and cudgy losing there coach and ruckman in the opening minutes. tumba could have won by alot more with adam bloom saving cudgy by gathering number of touches just dosent help when ur kicking into ur forward line and having henry brynes making a lead. cmon guys after 6 months of recruiting surely we could have found some players to cover the loss of players. long year for the boys in navy blue as well as much as i hate to say.

well done to all the players who braved the shit weather yesterday. to tumba well done but after going to the game both sides looked pretty ordinary with both sides missing quite a few players so much cudgys whole back line being made up of there 2nds players( apart from a.star) and cudgy losing there coach and ruckman in the opening minutes. tumba could have won by alot more with adam bloom saving cudgy by gathering number of touches just dosent help when ur kicking into ur forward line and having henry brynes making a lead. cmon guys after 6 months of recruiting surely we could have found some players to cover the loss of players. long year for the boys in navy blue as well as much as i hate to say.

Super-Wog what have you got against Henry Brynes least he's out there having ago i don't see J.Judge putting his hand up plus a few others.We do have a spot for you in a forward pocket if interested .what players are you talking about that have left?

Super-Wog what have you got against Henry Brynes least he's out there having ago i don't see J.Judge putting his hand up plus a few others.We do have a spot for you in a forward pocket if interested. why would anyone want to put there hand up?? i have noticed that you have mentioned jesse judges name a few times,if you were to ask him why he wont play 1sts he will give you a honest answer as would the rest of us... well done to maxy and his boys on sat,great win and it just goes to show that if you recruit some players you can impove and push towards a flag...,maybe some other clubs could get some advice off max duncan on how to improve there position on the ladder.

Went and had a look yesterday and was quite impressed by the skill level and desperation of the Tumba boys. They looked far, far fitter than the Cudgy boys and played superior wet weather footy. Looks like Max has seen the light and started recruiting footballers and not just inexperienced rugby guys who have a go but don't have the skill level for senior footy. With 7 more to come in Tumba could be a surprise packet come finals time. As for Cudgy they looked fat, unfit and undermanned, guys lay off Simmo, Byrnes and G.Albert at least they have made themselves available to play and were the best they could put on the park. Maybe Cudge are paying the price for appointing a local as senior coach (even if is doing a great job) as he has no contacts down in Albury/Wodonga and is relying mainly on locals to fill out his side. Hopefully the return of Clevan, Turnball, Arthur, McPherson and Keesmat will see them return up the ladder. As for the other games the comp looks pretty even this year, with the exception of Corryong although rumours out there are that they are opening up the cheque book and getting half a dozen handy players back.:thumbsu:

Been chatting to a few of the Cudgie 2's players lately and there are some serious rumblings happening up that way.The reason most of the 2nds players for Cudgie WONT play seniors is the fact that the club wants nothing to do with them untill seniors are short. 04' season reserves won the flag, no piss, no food no function for them after the game. Corryong player turns up and starts fighting and the cudgy guys get told to f*ck off. '05 season they win the flag again and same thing happens, some microwave pies and chips and the beer left-over in the fridge bout 2 slabs worth.
You tell me that would have happened had the seniors won back to back and you're kidding yourselves and yes i realise it was a few years ago but so was the 1's winning back to back and i cant remember either games i was so smashed, i drank for free for 3 days at least!
Reserves are thier to help fill out the senior side and no 1 person is bigger than the club but you dont get anything when you fraction the club.
Aaron c, the only thing i would want off Maxi is a clearance. How 'bout it Maxi....:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been chatting to a few of the Cudgie 2's players lately and there are some serious rumblings happening up that way.The reason most of the 2nds players for Cudgie WONT play seniors is the fact that the club wants nothing to do with them untill seniors are short. 04' season reserves won the flag, no piss, no food no function for them after the game. Corryong player turns up and starts fighting and the cudgy guys get told to f*ck off. '05 season they win the flag again and same thing happens, some microwave pies and chips and the beer left-over in the fridge bout 2 slabs worth.
You tell me that would have happened had the seniors won back to back and you're kidding yourselves and yes i realise it was a few years ago but so was the 1's winning back to back and i cant remember either games i was so smashed, i drank for free for 3 days at least!
Reserves are thier to help fill out the senior side and no 1 person is bigger than the club but you dont get anything when you fraction the club.
Aaron c, the only thing i would want off Maxi is a clearance. How 'bout it Maxi....:thumbsu:

That's one of the pettiest things I have everh heard - surely thats no reason not to help out the club and create a 'split'.

I agree however that it may have been different if the 1sts had won, they may have been given some piss but then again they are the senior team - the reason why most people pay an entrance fee / membership (income for the club) to watch a game. I'm not a cudge person but lets be reasonable, maybe by the end of the season the club just didnt have the money to put on grog for the 2's... running a club is hard enough, getting the sh**s up about an issue like that doesn't help anybody.

That's one of the pettiest things I have everh heard - surely thats no reason not to help out the club and create a 'split'.

I agree however that it may have been different if the 1sts had won, they may have been given some piss but then again they are the senior team - the reason why most people pay an entrance fee / membership (income for the club) to watch a game. I'm not a cudge person but lets be reasonable, maybe by the end of the season the club just didnt have the money to put on grog for the 2's... running a club is hard enough, getting the sh**s up about an issue like that doesn't help anybody.
Surely the easiest way to prevent any split in their club between the 1's and the 2's would be simply for their 1's to recruit another 6-8 senior players and then their wouldnt be a reliance on the 2's players having to double up when they really dont want to.:confused::confused::confused:

The reason i've mentioned J.Judge a couple of times is because tumba coach[maxie] said when he first met him out brock [hume league] he believed that he could of become one of the best C.H.B.in the competition and if you know him you would know he hates seeing good footballers going to waste.I've only known him since he came to coach cudgie in 2004 and he always say hello to you even if you've shit on him and i know some of you's on this site would agree he always puts his players first.
Mega Man if you want a clearance from him just ask him.So you play for tumba or would like to

The reason i've mentioned J.Judge a couple of times is because tumba coach[maxie] said when he first met him out brock [hume league] he believed that he could of become one of the best C.H.B.in the competition and if you know him you would know he hates seeing good footballers going to waste.I've only known him since he came to coach cudgie in 2004 and he always say hello to you even if you've shit on him and i know some of you's on this site would agree he always puts his players first.
Mega Man if you want a clearance from him just ask him.So you play for tumba or would like to
i agree with you 100% about maxy,got a lot of time for him, he always sees the best in everyone and im sure if maxy was coaching at cudgewa he would have blokes like jesse judge playing ones becasue unlike a lot of other senior coaches maxy is willing to talk and socalise with reserve players all year round not just when hes short on players for his side.,maybe thats why tumba are on the up and other clubs are struggling to get 2nds players to step up...it goes to show that if you have blokes like maxy at a club it helps stick them all together even when you arnt winning games,looks like this year things will pay off for them.:D.and silver kid you are spot on about the best thing cudgewa could of and should of done is recruit 6-8 players to help fill the numbers in the seniors and then they wouldnt have to depend on us unfit 2nds players to play 2 games of footy each week.

I agree with you there aaron c met him when i was 14 was coached by him played with an against him an been friends for 21 years and if you ever need help all you had to do was ask.His only down fall is he hates what money has done to football.He's the only coach i know that puts more of his money into football than what he takes out. Now back to football the player coming from Murray League to play for tumba 6ft 100kg and will play at fullback so forwards watch out this bloke means business is traveling from Shepp friend of S.A recruit

Well done Maxy. Great to see Tumba with a couple of early wins. Should help a few locals to decide to play footy instead of rugby.
I'm sure all teams would love to recruit 6 - 8 players mega but there is always the problem of having the money to pay them and actually getting players to go to the Upper Murray League.

I'm sure all teams would love to recruit 6 - 8 players mega but there is always the problem of having the money to pay them and actually getting players to go to the Upper Murray League.
Sure if you pay peanuts you get monkeys:D But thats not always the case. The key to it is to have connections not just maxie has done it, have look at what Walwa has done since Coulso has come on board, him and their 2's coach must be brought atleast 20 players across since signing and most are from Kiewa Footy/cricket club, Mathey and Nugent did the same at Feds a couple of years back with their Tallangatta and Wodonga connections. Maybe Coryong and Cudge should follow their example and they wouldnt be in such a shitty position.

Sure if you pay peanuts you get monkeys:D But thats not always the case. The key to it is to have connections not just maxie has done it, have look at what Walwa has done since Coulso has come on board, him and their 2's coach must be brought atleast 20 players across since signing and most are from Kiewa Footy/cricket club, Mathey and Nugent did the same at Feds a couple of years back with their Tallangatta and Wodonga connections. Maybe Coryong and Cudge should follow their example and they wouldnt be in such a shitty position.

walwa may have brought 20 players to the club but there 1sts and 2nds are both winless. i'd say the only reason they came to the upper murray is because they couldnt get a game anywhere else.

its true, but both cudge and corryong have done it in recent years (i'd say corryong began the trend by signing R mac and him bringing all his mates) and dont write off cudge or corryong yet for this season, both are notorious for adding strength with recuits the further the season goes on. whats with people pumping up max duncan so much, he's hardly won a premiership just yet. im not having a go at him just reckon there seems to be a ridiculous amount of credit going his way.

Considering that Tumba have never won a Premiership and have struggled along even folding a few years ago, it is a credit to Max and a few committed locals that the club has keep going. They have played second to the rugby club for years so a few wins is encouraging and hopefully will get a few more locals playing the game. (A much better way to go than buying in players)

its true, but both cudge and corryong have done it in recent years (i'd say corryong began the trend by signing R mac and him bringing all his mates) and dont write off cudge or corryong yet for this season, both are notorious for adding strength with recuits the further the season goes on. whats with people pumping up max duncan so much, he's hardly won a premiership just yet. im not having a go at him just reckon there seems to be a ridiculous amount of credit going his way.

Honestly, the way i see it, Max Duncan deserves all the credit! I know firsthand the effort he puts into the Tumbarumba Football Club. So what if he hasn't won a permiership? he's taking big steps forward and doing it the right way, unlike some clubs who buy players weeks before the finals!
If there were more people like Max, football wouldn't be all about the money as it is these days.

Went and had a look yesterday and was quite impressed by the skill level and desperation of the Tumba boys. They looked far, far fitter than the Cudgy boys and played superior wet weather footy. Looks like Max has seen the light and started recruiting footballers and not just inexperienced rugby guys who have a go but don't have the skill level for senior footy. With 7 more to come in Tumba could be a surprise packet come finals time. As for Cudgy they looked fat, unfit and undermanned, guys lay off Simmo, Byrnes and G.Albert at least they have made themselves available to play and were the best they could put on the park. Maybe Cudge are paying the price for appointing a local as senior coach (even if is doing a great job) as he has no contacts down in Albury/Wodonga and is relying mainly on locals to fill out his side. Hopefully the return of Clevan, Turnball, Arthur, McPherson and Keesmat will see them return up the ladder. As for the other games the comp looks pretty even this year, with the exception of Corryong although rumours out there are that they are opening up the cheque book and getting half a dozen handy players back.:thumbsu:

you have got to train first to make the 1st and half of the upper murray seconds in the league to not train. i think it is time for everyone out there who are out there to get off their buts and train

Remove this Banner Ad

The Upper Murray Football League (Part2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back