The Upper Murray Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
are tumba slipping away chopper69???

hey super wog what happened on the weekend?? it looked like you had your best side in for the year!!!! walwa do have alot of good 2's players who have 2's footy all over the place.or did you have a few extra passengers on the weekend??? is there room for t.kite in your side ????

Reggieray no tumba are'nt slipping but 18 players on the ground won't beat 20 players on the ground read what you want into that.Don't rite tumba off yet we are still focused on playing finals and we will do it.

Reggieray no tumba are'nt slipping but 18 players on the ground won't beat 20 players on the ground read what you want into that.Don't rite tumba off yet we are still focused on playing finals and we will do it.

so its more then the league looking after corryong and federals!!!!! it will be a great effort by the toecutter if they make the finals.i hope they do.

so its more then the league looking after corryong and federals!!!!! it will be a great effort by the toecutter if they make the finals.i hope they do.

i dont think these teams are looked after - for a start they are finding it hard to attract a senior group of players - the 2's teams they have got going (credit to them, along with all other clubs) is good to see but i dont think the league did anything extraordinary for them...

interesting results on the weekend again - theres been some inconsistent results but surely theres not much between cudge / bullioh /walwa / corryong on thier better days?

Go Crows, I believe an old teammate of yours, Ryan "Essie" Summerfield, had his first training run for the year with Kiewa last week. Last I knew he was pretty good mates with Youngy and Abbas, and he obviously would know you and Teddy Peerman from your KSC days. Why not have a crack at getting him to join you blokes at Walwa (or have you tried already?). He's not a bad bloke and can play. Would be a nice pick up for Walwa a few days before the clearance deadline. KSC have bought enough Wodonga peanuts (not that Essie is a peanut!), they dont deserve him.

Mate anyone who wears that much gel in their hair while playing footy must be a peanut.

MY TIPS 4 THIS WEEK

SENIORS
Tumba by 5pts
Fedrals by 13pts
Cudgie by 31pts

REESSIES

Tumba by 27 pts
Walwa by 55pts
Cudgie by 60pts

max duncan cops a fine for his comments regarding umpiring - good on the league!

this bloke speaks so much crap to the bordermail, makes himself look like a goose with most of the stuff he says... i actually reckons he rings the paper each monday to see if he can get an interview..

max duncan cops a fine for his comments regarding umpiring - good on the league!

this bloke speaks so much crap to the bordermail, makes himself look like a goose with most of the stuff he says... i actually reckons he rings the paper each monday to see if he can get an interview..

he doesnt ring the border mail but is on speed dial .yes he does speak out abit to much sometimes.he's so passionate about footy and coaching.its funny how he's the only one who gets interviewed by the border mail nearly every???yes he has done a good job at tumba.its funny how the league fined him so quick.compared to the seconds player who punched the umpire.it took 4 weeks to get it resolved.in the end the player only got 6 weeks due to the umpire having a bad recond when playing for corryong.max does do a great job and probably more then any other coaches would.

I don't reckon Max deserved a fine he was only saying what every1 knows about the umpiring up here, its crap at best, maybe an offical warning was a better idea. I played under him for a couple of seasons and he has his club and comp at heart and good on him for getting us(the comp) talked about up here in the papers.Even though it may be for the wrong reasons.

Anyway my tips for this week.
1sts
Bullioh by 35 points
Cudgewa by 23 points
Walwa by 19 points

2nds
Bullioh by 47 points
Cudgewa by 88 points
Walwa by 111 points but it is good to see feds with a 2s

cant say i agree silver kid,max has stuck with tumba and got them a lot of respect on and off the feild this year so good on him for doing a few interveiws now that the club is going forward and winning a few games.he has done a good job with a club that has been struggling for years.

max has said wat everyone else has been thinking and has copped it for saying it, the standerd of umpiring is very bad with most umps to lazy to get close to the play to make the rite call or r to lazy to ball it up so just call holding the ball for the sack of not having to get there fat arses to the next contest. But its not just in our league most umps r rotated threw each comp each week so other leagues would be getting the same shit. max gets so much paper time due to the fact he is probley the only coach who will give them the time of day wen they ring i no cudgy coach dosent like talking to the paper as u can tell with cudgy having there best season in more then 5 years they very rarely get a write up or a game of the week. i cant belive how many times this year feds have had game of the week in the border mail but seem to get smashed week in week out, the paper should move on from last couple of years and give feds a rest.

cant say i agree silver kid,max has stuck with tumba and got them a lot of respect on and off the feild this year so good on him for doing a few interveiws now that the club is going forward and winning a few games.he has done a good job with a club that has been struggling for years.

its great for tumba to have a passionate coach wanting the best for his club - however his comments were borderline arrogant/stupid, and it'll be great to hear from any other coach for a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silver Kid the amount of money the league find the coach of tumba
he's more than happy to pay .so what's that tell you [were you at the game].You also say he speaks 2 much crap 2 the border can you give us an example or maybe you can get your coach 2 talk 2 the paper as long as one person speaks 2 the border it's promoting the upper murray league.
By the way silver kid he did have a goose taken from his place afew weeks ago you don't have it

Silver Kid the amount of money the league find the coach of tumba
he's more than happy to pay .so what's that tell you [were you at the game].You also say he speaks 2 much crap 2 the border can you give us an example or maybe you can get your coach 2 talk 2 the paper as long as one person speaks 2 the border it's promoting the upper murray league.
By the way silver kid he did have a goose taken from his place afew weeks ago you don't have it

at the end of the day if your side is good enough and coached well enough they should win regardless of the umpiring - at a time when umpires are scarce and footy is struggling to attract decent ones - especially in the smaller leagues such as the UM a coach is out of line trying to verbally bash them. There'd be no point in my coach speaking to the border - I no longer play in that league however I do agree it needs to be promoted better...

whoever came up with that interleague team a month or two ago I'd be interested to see whether your selections had changed at all? your first team seemed pretty accurate however just wondering whether any players would have snuck into it at this stage?

Well Well A few upsets in the round this weekend. Congrats to Feds for just getting over the line against Walwa.
WTF happended at Cudgewa? Surely it wasnt the umpiring again??????? Have Corryong picked up a few last minute clearances?

at the end of the day if your side is good enough and coached well enough they should win regardless of the umpiring - at a time when umpires are scarce and footy is struggling to attract decent ones - especially in the smaller leagues such as the UM a coach is out of line trying to verbally bash them. There'd be no point in my coach speaking to the border - I no longer play in that league however I do agree it needs to be promoted better...

whoever came up with that interleague team a month or two ago I'd be interested to see whether your selections had changed at all? your first team seemed pretty accurate however just wondering whether any players would have snuck into it at this stage?

MY REP SIDE 4 THE LAST 5 WEEKS
B Maloney[corry] Nelson[b/w] Daley[b/w]

HB. Clarke[tumba] M Jefferies[corry] Haddrick[bullioh]

C Hayes[b/w] Widderson[tumba] A.Williams[tumba]

HF.J Faithfull[fedrals] M.Hayes[corry] W.Nicholls[bullioh]

F.McPherson[cudgie] Keesmaat[cudgie] L.Paton[fedrals]

FOLL. N.Street[tumba] Turnbull[cudgie] M.Odonnohue[tumba]

INTER N.Nugent[fedrals] J.Best[corry] Aldridge[cudgie] Nankervis[corry]

This team is based on players that complement each other
not the best players in the comp.[you know the old saying a team of champions won't beat a champion team].

Silver kid you are rite in what your saying but players an coach's are held accountable 4 thier actions on an off the field so should the umpier's there's nothing worst than seeing agame erupt into an all in brawl
due too the treatment one side got and this is all i've got to say on this matter. Tumba are moving on.

Well Well A few upsets in the round this weekend. Congrats to Feds for just getting over the line against Walwa.
WTF happended at Cudgewa? Surely it wasnt the umpiring again??????? Have Corryong picked up a few last minute clearances?
Cudgy have about 8 senior players out and are happy to lose a couple and still maintain top 2 so their players are fresh for finals. The rumour is Corryong have paid Dan McInnes (Myrtleford) $3500 to play the last 6 matches of the season.;););)

MY REP SIDE 4 THE LAST 5 WEEKS
B Maloney[corry] Nelson[b/w] Daley[b/w]

HB. Clarke[tumba] M Jefferies[corry] Haddrick[bullioh]

C Hayes[b/w] Widderson[tumba] A.Williams[tumba]

HF.J Faithfull[fedrals] M.Hayes[corry] W.Nicholls[bullioh]

F.McPherson[cudgie] Keesmaat[cudgie] L.Paton[fedrals]

FOLL. N.Street[tumba] Turnbull[cudgie] M.Odonnohue[tumba]

INTER N.Nugent[fedrals] J.Best[corry] Aldridge[cudgie] Nankervis[corry]

This team is based on players that complement each other
not the best players in the comp.[you know the old saying a team of champions won't beat a champion team].

Silver kid you are rite in what your saying but players an coach's are held accountable 4 thier actions on an off the field so should the umpier's there's nothing worst than seeing agame erupt into an all in brawl
due too the treatment one side got and this is all i've got to say on this matter. Tumba are moving on.

Chopper the upper murray don't play rep footy at senior level, so what is the point of picking a team that compliments each other rather than the best players over the last 5 weeks? Also how can you put 5 tumba players in the side when they have been the worst team over that period, only beating the bottom team?Widderson is the only one i would pick. Bullioh have the least players out of everyone and are on top of the ladder. a bit of work to do chopper!

Cudgy have about 8 senior players out and are happy to lose a couple and still maintain top 2 so their players are fresh for finals. The rumour is Corryong have paid Dan McInnes (Myrtleford) $3500 to play the last 6 matches of the season.;););)

Prob should be more like $35.00!

which players were out? i heard corryong were also missing som players not sure who though.

yeah i heard mcinness was on something close to that - he'd wanna perform at that rate

MMMMMM 10 goal flogging. 8 Senior players out. U do the math.
There is no excuse for it. U are sposed to be the top team. I thought the idea was to get top position so you get home ground advantage for the finals not to mention the canteen and bar sales which are vital to small clubs to survive. Id be aiming a little higher than 2 if I was you.

That will make it intresting when his Dad umpires Corryong.Maxy will go off tap wen that happins.

chopper69 having travled to tumba this week and seen them play how could you possible have all thos guys in your rep team, i don't even know who half of them are, and to leave out guys like m nichol c ried j hill p landy, wow i don't know what to say other than get out side of the box you hide in and have a good look. and as for daly from b/w are you kidding me he is about 40 years old and a *******. I totally agree with you pie man if you have a chance at all of getting top spot you would do any thing to gat it, its so much value to any club that does, i think the cudge boys are starting to get the shakes and with the shakes come the excusses

Prob should be more like $35.00!

If he is the same *******, unco-ordinated bloke that played for Beechworth a few years back, you should move the decimal point one more to the left Buckster! $3.50 is closer, (and you might get change!)
Tell me, as an outsider of your league fella's, how is Rodney McKenzie travelling at Cudgewa? used to play footy with him at Yack years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back