The "We must get Tom Lynch at all costs...or maybe not" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone catch the Hardwick interview on Footy Classified last night?

It was all over-the-top 'we're such a great club' stuff, but in there he was asked about his players taking less money for Lynch. Although not directly, he said he regularly debates things "like this" with players like Rance after his apple cart comments.

He does seem very confident, but I just can't imagine there being one side's recruitment team, coach and leadership group having such a definitive "do we or don't we" debate knowing Lynch's intentions when on the other hand Collingwood and Hawthorn are none the wiser.

It was all over-the-top 'we're such a great club' stuff, but in there he was asked about his players taking less money for Lynch. Although not directly, he said he regularly debates things "like this" with players like Rance after his apple cart comments.

He does seem very confident, but I just can't imagine there being one side's recruitment team, coach and leadership group having such a definitive "do we or don't we" debate knowing Lynch's intentions when on the other hand Collingwood and Hawthorn are none the wiser.
Are you suggesting it sounded like a done deal at Richmond?

His year is over.
No excuse to not name his intentions now.
His year is over but whereever he is going does not want the media hype and players being asked questions every day about him coming. He won't name his club until at least that club is out of the finals.

If he goes their imagine their window slams shut suddenly and we win a flag or two over the next 5 years.:p
So we can be like them re Treloar? WGAF. He comes to us as a free agent becasue he wants to or I couldn't care less where he gos or what happens to he club. The whole Richmond Treloar thing was pathetic. Even at games now you hear half a dozen comments when Treloar gets a kick about who's list is better.

Lets not be Richmond.

So we can be like them re Treloar? WGAF. He comes to us as a free agent becasue he wants to or I couldn't care less where he gos or what happens to he club. The whole Richmond Treloar thing was pathetic. Even at games now you hear half a dozen comments when Treloar gets a kick about who's list is better.

Lets not be Richmond.
No I'm taking the angle of Tiggers quite possibly going B2B and then no more flags as they are hard to win...he chooses Tiggers for flag potential.

Are you suggesting it sounded like a done deal at Richmond?

It did sound like that from Hardwick's end, but my point is that I refuse to believe that Richmond could be as deep in it as to be debating with their playing group, whilst on the other hand Collingwood and Hawthorn still think they're a genuine chance.

It just doesn't add up.

Not to mention I think Collingwood (at a guess) and Hawthorn would've went to D'Ozario/Connors with a definite offer, whereas I doubt Richmond would've been able to come up with a definitive offer until recently when their books were reshuffled with the contracts of Cotchin and Co.

I dunno, they may have their man. But it doesn't make sense that neither Collingwood or Hawthorn would have no idea when the other camp are planning a welcome party.

Pretty clear to me that Richmond / Hardwick were a rabble over a year ago, they flukes a flag where everything went right for them

No reason why they can’t go back to being a rabble. Winning a flag doesn’t make you any wiser, Hardwick is a flog and always will be one.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our forward line if Lynch doesn't come
HF De Goey Mihocek (Moore once fit) Thomas (Elliot once fit)
F Stevo Cox WHE

When Moore gets body right we should switch him to play forward replacing Lynch (not coming) & Mihocek ( swing to backline.
Get in May with 75% of $ earmarked for Lynch.
Happy days.

Pretty clear to me that Richmond / Hardwick were a rabble over a year ago, they flukes a flag where everything went right for them

No reason why they can’t go back to being a rabble. Winning a flag doesn’t make you any wiser, Hardwick is a flog and always will be one.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've just gone for a drive in my DeLorean. You've quoted opposition supporter's future words of jealousy - spoken mid-2019, but have got Richmond/Hardwick and Collingwood/Buckley mixed up.

It doesn't make sense to me that Richmond would have negotiated there player contracts on a reduced level after they had met with Lynch and obviously made him an offer. Wouldn't they have had to do that before and know how much money they could offer?

It doesn't make sense to me that Richmond would have negotiated there player contracts on a reduced level after they had met with Lynch and obviously made him an offer. Wouldn't they have had to do that before and know how much money they could offer?

My thoughts exactly. Unless of course they always intended to offer 800k and have been told he wants at least 1m. You never know.

They could well have had a verbal agreement from their more highly paid players, to renegotiate in the event they could secure Lynch and enhance their chances of continued team success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back