The "Who Will Be Our New Captain?" Superthread

Remove this Banner Ad

My first option straight away was Glass but upon reflection I would have to say Embley.
He is a great player who has experienced a few ups and downs in his career. He can also do game turning things that inspire his team. He has won a Norm Smith medal and is media friendly.
Cox, Glass and Priddis in the leadership group.

Don't know about Cox.
Seems to tick the boxes, but i notice at times he is a little too relaxed.

I'd rather see an interim captain for a year or rotating system before a long term Captain is appointed.

One dark horse that nobody has mentioned is....

Brett Jones.

I don't know his personality, but on field, they guy has supreme courage... a quality player too...

A man who's intergrity (football wise) can't be questioned...
is the man i want giving orders.

Coxy as good as he is, doesn't do enough of the hard things, nor the game-braking things, nor the match saving things... but if its a PR Captain their looking for... he's perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know about Cox.
Seems to tick the boxes, but i notice at times he is a little too relaxed.

I'd rather see an interim captain for a year or rotating system before a long term Captain is appointed.

One dark horse that nobody has mentioned is....

Brett Jones.

I don't know his personality, but on field, they guy has supreme courage... a quality player too...

A man who's intergrity (football wise) can't be questioned...
is the man i want giving orders.

Coxy as good as he is, doesn't do enough of the hard things, nor the game-braking things, nor the match saving things... but if its a PR Captain their looking for... he's perfect.

You cant be serious? :confused:

i kno how big of an uproar it would be but honestly i would love to see ben cousins as our captain again...
no matter who takes the captaincy really they are never gonna match up to ben cousins being the "spiritual leader"
if ben took it now then by the time he retires then someone like priddis would be awsome to take over...
in saying all that, lynch would be sooo funny as captain hahah

Cox has all the traits of a great captain. The fact that rowan jones polled a vote and is actually beating stenglein is bewildering. I guess that comes under the pity or sympathy vote.

i kno how big of an uproar it would be but honestly i would love to see ben cousins as our captain again...
no matter who takes the captaincy really they are never gonna match up to ben cousins being the "spiritual leader"
if ben took it now then by the time he retires then someone like priddis would be awsome to take over...
in saying all that, lynch would be sooo funny as captain hahah
Unfortunately you can't reward someone who has lied to the club and let them down in a big way.

He's about 1,000,000/1.

Although I am not a great advocate of it, I think the Eagles may go down the same path as the Swans and Lions and appoint a couple of co-captains.

I wouldn't be suprised if Adam Selwood's name is not at least in discussions. Word from members of the Eagles hierarchy is that if Judd had of stayed for another 2-3 years that Selwood would have taken over then.

Remove this Banner Ad

The "Who Will Be Our New Captain?" Superthread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back