FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 4 is the best TV I've ever watched. One of the few times I've been gutted when it actually finished.

Must confess i shed a tear and was heartbroken when they played the ending montage for the final season and you see the young doofus kid whos name i cannot remember shooting up with the old scrap metal man

dookie......yeah that sort of epitomized the whole cycle of life on the mean streets for me and also the irony that the one kid in the show that tried hard at school, was polite and a nice kid ended up a junkie after ripping off mr prez

Season 4 is the best TV I've ever watched. One of the few times I've been gutted when it actually finished.

Must confess i shed a tear and was heartbroken when they played the ending montage for the final season and you see the young doofus kid whos name i cannot remember shooting up with the old scrap metal man

Dukie was incredibly sad. His fate was dependant on which way the wind blew because he was so passive and submissive. In season 4 his teacher Prezbo almost took him in. In season 5 he was highly keen on getting a job and spoke to poot about it. There were a few other avenues he tried to make a life for himself and it was really sad that he ended up that way.

It was shocking when he came to the school to get money from Prezbo, it took me a while to realise what was going on. I really liked him so that was tough.

l was a bit up set what happened to dookie,randy and bodie and my man omar l guess is was always going to happen..

Omar was my favourite. What happened with randy?

Notice how all the kids from the normal class turned into fk ups, yet naman was the only one who turned out ok and he was in the trouble makers class.

Omar was my favourite. What happened with randy?

Notice how all the kids from the normal class turned into fk ups, yet naman was the only one who turned out ok and he was in the trouble makers class.

Randy ends up being kind of institutionalised by the home he's in. Refuses to talk about little kevin saying he aint a snitch and walks of in anger, pushing a kid along the way.

Randy ends up being kind of institutionalised by the home he's in. Refuses to talk about little kevin saying he aint a snitch and walks of in anger, pushing a kid along the way.

l really liked randy he seemed happy go lucky and always had a smile on his face. l liked the way he sold his candy,l seen him in another show or movie l when there's randy.

as we all seem to agree just so wonderfully written....
Just so many great small scenes that you forget such as.....

Kima and her adopted boy on the window ledge 'goodnight moon' scence awesome contrast of the innocence of youth v whats out there in the big bad world.

McNulty losing it trying to set up Ikea furniture for his children..

as we all seem to agree just so wonderfully written....
Just so many great small scenes that you forget such as.....

Kima and her adopted boy on the window ledge 'goodnight moon' scence awesome contrast of the innocence of youth v whats out there in the big bad world.

McNulty losing it trying to set up Ikea furniture for his children..

loved when mcnulty had his kids follow stringer bell around the market doing "front and follow" then explaining to bunk how good they are at it and how much they enjoy it

When Michael tells dukie that he's "too hot for him to hang out with him at the moment" and dukie is forced to leave the car and at the end of the alley the old scrap metal man is injecting.

In the montage herc is shouting everyone drinks - i thought that was quite brilliant.

As someone mentioned the scene with kima and her son where they're saying good night to everyone was incredible (and this is coming from someone who couldn't stand kima) - didn't like bunk, mcnulty, freeman either. Bloody cliches the lot of them, i don't know if the writers got lazy or they deliberately threw in some cliches because their other character development was outstanding, the best i've seen. Oh reminds me, ziggy from season 2 was a shocker.

The last episode of season 4 was full of brilliant scenes. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Can people tell me why they hate Ziggy so much? Every time I find someone new into the show they tell me Ziggy is their least favourite character.

He is awesome!

ziggy-sobotka.jpg

LOL that was pretty funny.

I liked Nicky and found ziggy frustrating because he'd fk up all the time and nicky would have to bail him out. I really liked frank as well another reason I found ziggy's behavior annoying. I couldn't help but think how much i'd hate him if he were my friend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he was an annoying constant **** up thats why

the only guy with any sort of advantage (having frank as his father) and all's he does is **** up after **** up

when he buys the leather jacket
lights his smoke with the money
goes on a shooting spree
he even kills the ****ing duck

and acts like a wannabe gangster

great acting, because the whole point of the character is to despise and just shake your head at him, but in a show with so many great characters, ziggy was a nightmare

plus season 2 was by far my least favorite, although frank was a legend

That duck drank itself to death.

My most hated is Cheese. A pussy, a leech and a traitor all in one.

My fave is probably Prez, any man who does his cleaning to Walk the Line gets my vote.

Favourite scenes - Herc and Carver = Batman and Robin and when McNulty and Bodie bump into each other at the takeaway.

Regards

S. Pete

Yes cheese was an absolute disgrace and was wrapped when he was shot. On the topic of cheese and his pathetic contributions, i loved proposition joe and found it really sad when he was killed.

Yes cheese was an absolute disgrace and was wrapped when he was shot. On the topic of cheese and his pathetic contributions, i loved proposition joe and found it really sad when he was killed.

Prez was awesome, i just wish he didn't detach like the headmaster told him to when he wanted to save dukie. I loved dukie.

ps. i enjoyed that johnny cash scene too.

was re watching the wire season 3 tonight and i just noticed that bill rawls is gay....was in the gay bar when lamar (associate of brother mouzone) went into the gay bars asking for omar.......totally missed that when i watched it 1st time around

was re watching the wire season 3 tonight and i just noticed that bill rawls is gay....was in the gay bar when lamar (associate of brother mouzone) went into the gay bars asking for omar.......totally missed that when i watched it 1st time around

hahaha

ive had massive arguments with friends who missed this as well

Just finished season 5 (I waited until it was on sale, because I am a cheap bastard).

Suffered a bit from being a 10-show season, but still pretty solid. Lacked the nuance and depth of the previous seasons, and shit seemed to happen too quickly. Also, the newspaper plotline is pretty much as bad as people say it is - David Simon sure can hold a grudge. Still, the worst Wire season is about 20 times better than the best season of a normal television show.

What a series.

Don't get the 2nd season hate that seems to be around. I loved it. I'd go 4,2,1,3...5.

We have the talent to produce something like the wire but don't have the money to organise ourselves to do it.

You're totally right about the money, but I'd be very surprised if Australia had the talent. Every person involved in that show, from actors to writers to editors to cinematographers, was absolutely A-grade.

Australian TV, on the other hand, is essentially made by the same tiny handful of production companies, and inevitably stars Lisa McCune.

Mcnaulty shits me to tears.

No doubt. For what is essentially the main character of the series, he's very broadly drawn, and horribly cliched (the hard drinking genius cop... come on). And Dominic West's accent isn't first rate.

My Top 15 best wire characters, in terms of writing and acting, in no particular order (only mainish characters)...

1) Marlo
2) Bunk
3) Carver
4) Carcetti
5) Stringer
6) D'Angelo
7) Bodie
8) Snoop
9) Slim Charles
10) Herc
11) Beadie
12) Frank Sabotka
13) Omar
14) Herc (or "if Barry Hall was an Italian-American cop")
15) Clay Davis

I'm not sure where I stand on Cheese. He's such an unlikable douchebag, and MethodMan is a questionable actor, but he does get some of the best lines in the series, including "You know who have the fattest asses, and the best pussy? short people, fellow."

You're totally right about the money, but I'd be very surprised if Australia had the talent. Every person involved in that show, from actors to writers to editors to cinematographers, was absolutely A-grade.

Australian TV, on the other hand, is essentially made by the same tiny handful of production companies, and inevitably stars Lisa McCune.

you damn right we do, it's just not "our" priority. Our tv industry is a ****ing disgrace. Atleast england and the usa back their talent. We do not. Australian tv is conservative and we only buy tv or put money towards an established formula. If we had a hbo or channel 4, we'd make quality tv as well.

There aint anything wrong with our talent.

you damn right we do, it's just not "our" priority. Our tv industry is a ****ing disgrace. Atleast england and the usa back their talent. We do not. Australian tv is conservative and we only buy tv or put money towards an established formula. If we had a hbo or channel 4, we'd make quality tv as well.

There aint anything wrong with our talent.

Not to the level of the Wire. That was some of the best crime writers in the world, and David Simon is a singular talent.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Australian TV industry could do a lot better than it does (and I work in it), but we're a long way from being able to produce stuff as good as the best material coming out of the states, for a number of reasons, one of which is we're a small country with a relatively small talent pool (a lot of which goes overseas, anyway).

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back