FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

clay9358578.gif
Watching him in Rubicon. Fairly underused so far.

No sheeeit though.

This show is the mother f***ing sheeeeeeeit. I got the whole series about 2 months back and I'h half way through season 4.

One thing I really like about this show (and others) is that it shows both good guys and bad guys as humans. It doesn't glamourise them or demonise them. It just shows an environment they grow up in and how they adapt and handle it.

I'd put this series on the top tier with The Sopranos

1. Sopranos/Wire
3. Breaking Bad
4. Dexter

Can people tell me why they hate Ziggy so much? Every time I find someone new into the show they tell me Ziggy is their least favourite character.

He is awesome!

ziggy-sobotka.jpg
Unfortunately I think I've seen this guys have a wank. For real bro.

Anyone seen Ken Park? I'm pretty sure Ziggy is in it and his character is gold - he just pays out his grandmother all the time. Then he has a wank and the whole thing is shown. Larry Someoneorrather makes these films (Ken park, Kids, Bully). He is pervy as f*ck.

Also, Leo Fitzpatrick who is in Kids and Bully turns up as Johnny - bubbles original drug buddy.

This show is the mother f***ing sheeeeeeeit. I got the whole series about 2 months back and I'h half way through season 4.

One thing I really like about this show (and others) is that it shows both good guys and bad guys as humans. It doesn't glamourise them or demonise them. It just shows an environment they grow up in and how they adapt and handle it.

I'd put this series on the top tier with The Sopranos

1. Sopranos/Wire
3. Breaking Bad
4. Dexter

I just don't see the appeal with breaking bad. I couldn't get past episode 2 season 2 and slept through most of season 1. I watched enough to get the gist. Quite a boring show considering the content had the potential to be awesome. I was expecting to love it.

Stringer Bell is a pommie!!

My favourite character had to be Bubbs. How he never won an Emmy is baffling.

"McNutty" or his other line "no bout a doubt it" always cracked me up.

are you talking about bubbles? I actually wasn't a wrap for him. I could see his character was "nice" and good acting but he was so annoying to watch. An absolute train wreck.

Stringer Bell is a pommie!!

My favourite character had to be Bubbs. How he never won an Emmy is baffling.

"McNutty" or his other line "no bout a doubt it" always cracked me up.

stringer and McNutty and whats his name the white guy who got to be the new mayor are all pommie's.they all did a great job.yeah have to a agree with bubbles hes was is great he should of got a Emmy but there are so many characters on the wire.

I just don't see the appeal with breaking bad. I couldn't get past episode 2 season 2 and slept through most of season 1. I watched enough to get the gist. Quite a boring show considering the content had the potential to be awesome. I was expecting to love it.
I thought it was pretty good. Series 3 was pretty shit though.

I think alot of people do because i watched in a few recommendations. I just couldn't get into it.

If you've not watched mad men then you should give it a go. It's extremely well written.

Mad Men is the final frontier for me. I've seen just about all the great shows. Six Feet Under, The Wire. Also seen most of Sopranos.
I'd put Veronica Mars Dark Angel and Roswell up there too for younger (and older viewers!) Current quality shows i'm watching are Breaking Bad, Dexter and Friday Night Lights. So i'm hoping Mad Men lives up to the hype.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mad Men is the final frontier for me. I've seen just about all the great shows. Six Feet Under, The Wire. Also seen most of Sopranos.
I'd put Veronica Mars Dark Angel and Roswell up there too for younger (and older viewers!) Current quality shows i'm watching are Breaking Bad, Dexter and Friday Night Lights. So i'm hoping Mad Men lives up to the hype.

Mad men is fantastic, breaking bad is not so good.

I think alot of people do because i watched in a few recommendations. I just couldn't get into it.

If you've not watched mad men then you should give it a go. It's extremely well written.
I've got the first few series. Don't get it. The 50s chauvenism is humorous at first but it gets repetitive and boring. This whole show seems to be about f*ck-all. if a show doesn't give me a chub after 5-6 episodes it is never going to happen.

Just finished a book by the guys who made The Wire - called The Corner. It was made into a mini-series prior to them doing The Wire. An amazing book - a true story of a year on the corners in West Baltimore. You can see where they got the inspiration for a lot of their characters on The Wire. One of the main real life characters in The Corner plays Brother Mouzone's bodyguard in The Wire.

Just finished a book by the guys who made The Wire - called The Corner. It was made into a mini-series prior to them doing The Wire. An amazing book - a true story of a year on the corners in West Baltimore. You can see where they got the inspiration for a lot of their characters on The Wire. One of the main real life characters in The Corner plays Brother Mouzone's bodyguard in The Wire.

Good book, currently reading the Homicide book, even better

Also if I recall correctly the guy who plays the Deacon character is the real life Avon... I could be wrong though.

Just finished the series today. Excellent show, not my favourite of all time or anything but had some very memorable moments and characters.

clay9358578.gif

Once again cos its awesome!

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back