The worse Tiger player of the last 10 years

Remove this Banner Ad

The one that springs to mind is David Bourke - All he could do was take a spectacular mark every 5th game....But could not kick the goal after it anyway.

Who do you think ?

disagree a lot to that

Bourke COULD play - early on, he played some very good games on the HBF for us - his body was just not tough enough for his courage. He got injured to easily and then later on started to hear "footsteps" a bit - he reminds me of Josh Thurgood from Hawthorn - was quick, courage - but way too thin

so i think its harsh to bag him out like that

for me our worst player in the last 10 years - Alex Gilmoure - as he had a shit attitude, and didn't put his heart and soul in for this club - DESPITE claiming to being an MAD tigers supporter.

disagree a lot to that

Bourke COULD play - early on, he played some very good games on the HBF for us - his body was just not tough enough for his courage. He got injured to easily and then later on started to hear "footsteps" a bit - he reminds me of Josh Thurgood from Hawthorn - was quick, courage - but way too thin

so i think its harsh to bag him out like that

for me our worst player in the last 10 years - Alex Gilmoure - as he had a shit attitude, and didn't put his heart and soul in for this club - DESPITE claiming to being an MAD tigers supporter.

Agree with that.

He just frustrated me SO much, hence me being so "harsh". He had talent as you said but....yeah

If Danny Meyer doesn't pull his finger out this year and show something (just anything) he has this wrapped up for me. For a bloke that was touted as the next Gavin Wanganeen, he has done sweet F.A.

He is by far the most frustrating player on our list at the moment. (and yes, that includes Tivendale!) :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lionel proctor?
nick jewell (much better cricketer than a footballer)

Nicko is a good mate of mine.....

Played junior cricket and footy with him.

Gun cricketer but a dud footballer even at Junior level. I can't recall him ever even finishing in the top ten in our B&F from under 15-under 17 at East Brighton. There were atleast 3 other players at our club who would have had a good shot at making it in the AFL but Nicko got a crack coz of his old man.

Robert, Powell, Clinton King and Steven Sziller are not even close to the worst players to be on a Richmond list over the last ten years.

Powell was a reasonable player cut down by hamstring injuries, Sziller was servicable mainly as a tagger when the club had many worse than him. Similarly Clinton King was an okay player, something of a poor man's Brady Rawlings (got a lot more of the ball but tagging and foot skills far worse).

For mine it is hard to choose the worst of many many poor pick ups, particularly those never to debut.

Alex Gilmore and Luke Weller are two strong candidates though perhaps the worst should be relative to the expectations of them or the amount of time spent on their development. In which case Krak, Meyer and Fiora would have to rate highly.

Remove this Banner Ad

The worse Tiger player of the last 10 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back