The worse Tiger player of the last 10 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Fiora, Tivendale ?
Should Schultz, have another couldn't give a fcku, soft ccko, I'm not prepared to have a go unless I'm in the perfect position year, as per the his past and the ones above and he might be leader of the pack.
I have greater respect for those that may not have the natural abilitity and give it 100 %, than those that take the easy option of, oh I didn't like playing AFL, or I will play forward of the play and wait for my team mate to give it to me.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Can't say I'm a great fan of threads like this.
Having played a lot of footy & even a couple of inter-league appearances, find it hard to see any of these guys as duds. Frustrating sometimes, but....

steven sziller
No not even close , we got 2 good seasons out of Sziller he went alright

Here's a few crap players

Justin Blumfield
Adam Houlihan
Craig Biddiscombe
Andrew Mills
Bill Nichols
Alex Gilmour
Shane Morrison
Ezra Poyas
Kent Kingsly
Stuart Wigfield (The Blond bloke from S.A ) I Think

Only Carlton and Freo can recruit worse than Richmond thats a fact

The one that springs to mind is David Bourke - All he could do was take a spectacular mark every 5th game....But could not kick the goal after it anyway.

Who do you think ?

no where near the worst, I used to have a couple of framed pix of absolute hangers One over Hird another Barry Hall....hardly the stuff from worst player to pull on a jumper...try the upteen players that barely played a game....plenty of material to work with there:eek:

Justin Blumfield
Adam Houlihan
Craig Biddiscombe
Andrew Mills
Bill Nichols
Alex Gilmour
Shane Morrison
Ezra Poyas
Kent Kingsly

Think you might mean Wigley, lets not forget the one J.Howat whom had he not played so well against Carey, may have been very highly rated in this thread.
Then there were the Pickerings and Banik, but would think their last games were beyond 10 years.

Think you might mean Wigley, lets not forget the one J.Howat whom had he not played so well against Carey, may have been very highly rated in this thread.
Then there were the Pickerings and Banik, but would think their last games were beyond 10 years.

wigney.

and the answer to this is........

Wayne Thornborrow.

sorry.

i win.

Justin Blumfield
Adam Houlihan
Craig Biddiscombe
Andrew Mills
Bill Nichols
Alex Gilmour
Shane Morrison
Ezra Poyas
Kent Kingsly

Agree with most of those, but:

Wigney had one very good year with us... Think it was 95. Did really well at CHB until he broke his ankle against the swans (got 3 brownlow votes in that game as well).

Biddiscombe had one good year on the back flank until he ran into someone and did his medial ligament or something.

Both players never did much other than that, but still had a good season each (didn't do much else though).

Those two guys from the Lions - Weller and Morrison - they were pretty useless. And Thornborrow was a dud. Played one good game in his career - against us at Princes Park for St Kilda!

Lionel Proctor, Michael Raidis, James (?) White, they all did nothing.

Justin Blumfield
Adam Houlihan
Craig Biddiscombe
Andrew Mills
Bill Nichols
Alex Gilmour
Shane Morrison
Ezra Poyas
Kent Kingsly

Couldnt disagree with any of those.

However believe it or not, l had a soft spot for him.

l used to work with his ex-missus and **** she was hot!!! And l always admire a bloke that takes a 2 week suspension after his debut game in the AFL. Respect!

And... did l mention that his missus was hot! Dedicated many to that little number. :D

Justin Blumfield
Adam Houlihan
Craig Biddiscombe
Andrew Mills
Bill Nichols
Alex Gilmour
Shane Morrison
Ezra Poyas
Kent Kingsly

The three in bold weren't that bad, just doing the best with what they had. Got enough out of them.

Bit more than ten years but how about Robert Shaeffer, 2nd Stuart Griffiths, thing that $hits me is they only had to play one game and that was one more than I played for Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The three in bold weren't that bad, just doing the best with what they had. Got enough out of them.
LMAOOO ... how could you say we got enough out of Ezra Poyas.

If you think getting about 6 games out of a number 20 draft pick is "enough" then it`s no wonder our club has had such a magnificent period of success .

This is tongue and cheek mate ... but i think you better re-think that call.

A lot will disagree with this but i would say Tim Fleming ... OK , used his body as a battering ram and at times it was fun to watch , but seriously , he could not kick .... not just a poor kick , he flat out could not put boot to ball with any form of purpose or co-ordination .

Ty Zantuck is right up there for mine as well ... what a fkucwit

If you were to work on the simple formula of who's cost us the most wins over the years, then the answer is easy : Matthew Richardson.

You 'eard...

If you were to work on the simple formula of who's cost us the most wins over the years, then the answer is easy : Matthew Richardson.

You 'eard...

yeah and now use a formula to subtract that number from the amount of games he has won for us over the years and the amount of games where we probably would have lost without him and you will find he is still the best richmond player to lace up the boots in the last 10 years.
scrap that, Ever.

Idiot.

Look as hard as it is to say i worked at the RFC many years ago....and i would have to say when i was there;

Damien Ryan and to a lesser extend Patty Steinford.

Those saying Robert Powell, i actually thought he was a servicable player, not somebody you could create history with, but many others were worse, and for somebody that was a hard nut on the field he was a top bloke!!

The one that springs to mind is David Bourke - All he could do was take a spectacular mark every 5th game....But could not kick the goal after it anyway.

Who do you think ?
I'll never forget his passage of play that day playing against St Kilda.

It was poetry in motion as Burke climbed higher than any man had before, timing his leap to perfection while taking the mark over a pack of 3 or 4 players. At the peak of his jump he was level with the second tier.

The crowd went absolutely beserk. If it wasn't mark of the year, it had to be an unlucky second. As he gracefully landed back on earth, he was swamped by jubilant teammates patting him on the back and giving out high fives.

He took the mark just next to the goal square less than 5 metres out and almost directly in front. He went back to kick the goal... and missed.

Kyle Archibald was a mountain of a man but very dissappointing player.My late friend named his bulldog after Archibald because he liked the name so much.

Remove this Banner Ad

The worse Tiger player of the last 10 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back