The worst players in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who says Rowan Jones is completely wrong. He is an extremely valuable player.

Mark Jamar does it for mine, he's a goer no doubt, but I just don't rate him.

Remember he is a ruckman & is still 23 so we need to give him another year or so to mature as it usally takes a bit longer with big men.

Like Rocca he has had years to get it right but only performs o 2 or 3 times a year mabye he should be looked at or go to the US like Sav.

Either of the Lonie twins, doesn't matter which one.

Guy Richards

Tivendale

David Teague - this bloke has a Carlton B&F Trophy, which is far more embarassing than 3 spoons in 5 years.

Wes Fellowes won a Copeland!!! Says more about how bad the team list was.

Henry Playfair
Guy Richards
Bryant
Ryan Lonie
Saddington
Monfries
Millne
Miller
Just to name a few

What was the name of that Swans ruckman last year who came from Geeong?........ feel a little mean spirited but he may be the worst this century thus far.

Paul Chambers, probably the worst player I've seen get a regular gig. We must have been desperate for a back-up ruckman if he was the best available. Took him about 6 games to get a kick at Sydney. Nicknamed the "donut king" for his stats, 0 0 0 0.

Played about half of last season till he was dropped never to return. Then he "retired" so he could go and play VFL for Werribee I think?

If they are not the worst players at Sydney then who are?

This could be a death sentence for them.

Paul Bevan is much worse than Doyle and LRT, who I agree with JF has quite good defensive skills but unfortunately looks very very uncomfortable with the ball in his hands and for that reason cops a lot of criticism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got bored reeding the whole thread but I'm suprised Zac Dawson wasn't mentioned in the first few pages.

One thing about all of these players is that they get games because they have a particular strength, for example Mark Jamar isn't that bad of a tap ruckman and Simon Godfrey can occasionally shut out some of the best players in the competition but besides that the other areas of there game are stuck in the under 12's.

Am stunned ppl are picking on Raph Clarke, a talented kid returning from an extended period of injury

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Jason Blake... has very little going for him...
Is slow, poor mark, poor in the air, doesn't use his strength, terrible disposal, horrible decision making, freezes under pressure and can;t hurt the opposition.
All he can do is run and jump... and he's very good at those. Gets placed on the opposition's worst forward every week and gets a cookie if he manages to not stuff up

Macca is a champ. 2 knee recos, 200 games at the highest level, former captain of the club.

Jones is in the best 22 of last years premiers, not going that badly is he.

mcmanus is a battler, at best. works hard, does all the little things.
but 200 games and being captain cause they had no one else to give it to doesnt make you a champion.
to be honest, i cant actually think of anyone except for pavlich that could be classed as a champion, from freo. pav aint one yet, but wont be long.

Naming Brett Voss is harsh. :thumbsdown:

I think everyone expected B Voss to be like his brother and there for make a comparison. B Voss had his own style and from what I've seen was reasonably effective.

Who are the worst players in the AFL who continue to get a game?

I have been talking to a Sydney fan & he agreed with my thoughts that this player has played 1 good game in his career:

Lewis Roberts-Thompson - 1 good game (ever)

Who are the other players that just seem never to be recognised for their talents or lack of?

Toot toot!

The train has pulled back into the station, LRT is back!

We can now bask in the fluid motion of the human ostrich, LRT.

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst players in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back