them crooked vultures

Remove this Banner Ad

i thought it was a quality set. Good, clean, no nonsense rock music.

For those still wondering; Dave Grohls natural habitat is definitely behind the drums.
JPJ very smooth on bass and the keys.
Josh Homme is a very good singer!!

One of the best (if not the best) gigs I've ever been to. And I've been to a few (150). Dave on the drums is just ****ing epic, Josh and JPJ are both awesome. Seriously awesome band. I can't wait for more music and more tours to come in the future. If you get the chance to see this band, DO IT!

One of the best (if not the best) gigs I've ever been to.

This. It was absolutely amazing.

Setlist, to the best of my memory:

No One Loves Me & Neither Do I
Dead End Friends
Scumbag Blues
Elephants
Highway One
New Fang
Gunman
Bandoliers
Mind Eraser, No Chaser
Caligulove
Interlude With Ludes
Spinning In Daffodils
Warsaw... (I'm not typing all that :p)

It was just ****ing awesome. If I had the money I'd be there again tomorrow night.

Definitely one of the best gigs ever.

Josh Homme is a very sexy man.
Dave Grohl is Animal from The Muppet Show. He's an incredible drummer.
John Paul Jones is the coolest man alive. I love how he had one cool face for the whole gig and would occasionally pucker his lips or look over and smile at the other guys.

Great gig and yeah, Dave was friggen beastly behind the kit. Lost my shit during the second half of Spinning In Daffodils, felt like a Kyuss jam sesh...so good.

Only thing that sucked was no Reptiles...
klavierf.gif

Great gig and yeah, Dave was friggen beastly behind the kit. Lost my shit during the second half of Spinning In Daffodils, felt like a Kyuss jam sesh...so good.

Only thing that sucked was no Reptiles...
klavierf.gif

Holy shit man, pretty much the main crux of what I was going to say. Spinning In Daffodils was just about the greatest song I've ever heard live.

And yeah, I'm going to have to say that my top three gigs attended have been changed;

1. TCV
2. QOTSA
3. Tool

To say that TCV topped the QOTSA gig where I stood in front of Homme the whole time just shows how ****ing good it was.

The scary thing is I believe they've really only dipped their toes in the water at this stage as they're only going to get better and better.

Awesome show, funny to watch 201cm Homme try and lumber around the stage with just a mic - never seen him jump on a drumkit before either which was interesting.

Allan Johannes is a seriously underrated musician - if he's involved in the recording process on the next TCV album, it will be better than the debut.

Grohl is a beast behind the kit, first pure rock drummer I've seen that I rate ahead of Stainer (I think highly of Castillo ever since I saw him break a stick on the snare rim mid-song, but Grohl was amazing last night).

Crowd - WTF? Half the crowd were statues. Is Melbourne really that hard to impress these days?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this thread makes me despressed...living in adelaide rox :thumbsu:

fly for the next gig then matey, I did for this one.:thumbsu:

Only thing.... first time at festival hall and I wasn't really that impressed.

They'll be better with a second album under their belt as they can add more songs. Spinning in daffodils was a highlight as I was not really a fan of that on the album, bandoliers was great, I loved gunman and mind eraser. wished it had gone a bit longer tbh.

However worth every cent, would see again, looking forward to next album already.

Personally, I felt in awe of JPJ and you can see how much he enjoys it but also how dave and josh seem pretty psyched playing with an absolute legend.

Crowd - WTF? Half the crowd were statues. Is Melbourne really that hard to impress these days?

Added to that - the amount of people at the bar not even paying attention to TCV during the likes of Spinning In Daffodils was pure shit as well.

How much longer do you expect them to play man? They pretty much played every song they have made... I was also a statue, as I was just staring and loving it by just watching them... I was extremely tired going there so, eh, you can still enjoy it without jumping around and shit.

Hey dudes. My sons band "Fangs"are supporting "Them Crooked Vultures" in Sydney on Wednesday night. If there are any Sydneysiders reading this get down there and check them out they are awesome and I'm sure you will enjoy the gig.

Went to the gig in Brisbane tonight.....was ****ing epic.

I can't believe that the other setlists prior to the setlist tonight in Brisbane, didn't have Reptiles! Sorry guys, but Reptiles went off!

The crowd was great and hot for the music all night. Fantastic gig from guys who really know how to ****ing play.

The chants of "John Paul Jones" for most the night were ****ing ace, too. :thumbsu:

Went to the gig in Brisbane tonight.....was ****ing epic.

I can't believe that the other setlists prior to the setlist tonight in Brisbane, didn't have Reptiles! Sorry guys, but Reptiles went off!

The crowd was great and hot for the music all night. Fantastic gig from guys who really know how to ****ing play.

The chants of "John Paul Jones" for most the night were ****ing ace, too. :thumbsu:

Reptiles :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Bloody epic show. If it was longer it may have pipped Foo Fighters 08 as my favourite ever show.

Josh Homme is one sexy sexy man
Dave Grohl is the greatest drummer alive
John Paul Jones is a friggen legend

Crowd was actually much better than I thought it would be. Mind Eraser and Elephants :thumbsu:

Dave, Josh and John Paul rocking out to Warsaw for the last 10 minutes with Interlude and Spinning in Daffodils leading up to it was so fricken awesome.

The mosh was actually up there with Rise Against, definently started to die towards the end though. First hour or so was tough going.

Bah, Reptiles! :(

Warsaw was the highlight for me too though, left the gig so ****ing satisfied with that.

Hey dudes. My sons band "Fangs"are supporting "Them Crooked Vultures" in Sydney on Wednesday night. If there are any Sydneysiders reading this get down there and check them out they are awesome and I'm sure you will enjoy the gig.
That's a ****ing awesome gig to get, congrats to them! I've seen them a couple of times when they were supports for Calling All Cars/After The Fall... Everyone should get there to check them out. :thumbsu:

Melbournes support band however sucked arse, IMO.

Melbournes support band however sucked arse, IMO.

They weren't bad, but the mix was horrible and I thought my ears were going to explode every time the singer yelled.

Oh, and screw you Brisbane for getting Reptiles.

The reason the first Melbourne show got no Reptiles was because Homme's guitar screwed up during Bandoliers - which is the same axe he uses during Reptiles, with the problem obviously not being fixed by the end of the gig.

Remove this Banner Ad

them crooked vultures

Remove this Banner Ad

Back