This is one of the saddest days in my life

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
To those of us who have fought the good fight I think this has to go down as one of the worst days ever.

The years of hard work by so many people have just about been for nought.

To do what the Melbourne Storm club have done is a spit in the face to the people who have supported their existance and those who have given their all to Rugby league in this state.

Shame on them and shame on the people who have blatantly cheated the salary cap for so long. You have let down so many people.

Now just what the **** do I tell my 13 year old son?

The truth. That Melbourne Storm cheated, and like what should happen to every cheater, got their premierships taken away from them. Turn it into a life lesson of some sort.

To those of us who have fought the good fight I think this has to go down as one of the worst days ever.

To do what the Melbourne Storm club have done is a spit in the face to the people who have supported their existance and those who have given their all to Rugby league in this state.

Shame on them and shame on the people who have blatantly cheated the salary cap for so long. You have let down so many people.

It's time to defect to Rugby Union ? :p

Been a Storm supporter since their inception, i think i'll be reverting back to my prior team before them.

A lot of good people (the fans) have been hurt beyond all recognition by the selfish actions of a few.
I am numb. I just want to curl up into a ball and cry and rock myself to sleep.
I am not even sure if I can continue to support the club anymore and that tears me apart.

Mate im shattered
It feels like someone has just ripped my heart out

Whoever is involved with this has just about killed league in Melbourne, because who is going to turn up to see a team play for no reason this season.

Where does this leave the club in terms of financial stability and what happens to the players for this season and next?

A lot of good people (the fans) have been hurt beyond all recognition by the selfish actions of a few.
I am numb. I just want to curl up into a ball and cry and rock myself to sleep.
I am not even sure if I can continue to support the club anymore and that tears me apart.

Mate, I feel terrible for all you guys. It must be so shattering to think of all the time and interest you invested into your club. The idiots responsible should pay dearly for what they have done to innocent parties. Shocking.

I am only a minor supporter relative to you and others on this board (I have been to Storm games but only a few), however I really feel for you today. I am feeling it myself, you must be feeling like your heart has been ripped out. If it happened to Geelong I would not know what to do.

just the truth and that other league clubs have done the same thing but have not been stripped of premierships etc and that Storm may take legal action on the Bias side of the law.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*insert Carlton and Melbourne Storm sharing the same training facilities jokes here*

Fan of both teams and this is absolutely shattering.

Truth be told is if the NRL gave the same concessions to the Storm as the AFL gave to the NRL city teams the Storm would not have been in breach. With the way that the Storm lose players (Kimorley, Orford, for example) due to the same reasons why no one wants to play for the Lions and Swans.

To also know that this isn't the only team in breach (there is more to come, one of the "marquee" teams in the competition who have recently won a premiership will point to wide spread corruption.

When all is said and done they will discover that most of the league is corrupt.

Very sad day in Australian sport.

The only people I feel sorry for with anything to do with the storm are people like you.

I am no fan of league, but I genuinely feel sorry for the Storm fans. I admire the balls of those running the NRL to punish those that have cheated. It is unfortunate that the supporters have been punished for something they had nothing to do with.

I am no fan of league, but I genuinely feel sorry for the Storm fans. I admire the balls of those running the NRL to punish those that have cheated. It is unfortunate that the supporters have been punished for something they had nothing to do with.

This is a sad day, feels like all the success we have had as supporters of such a great team has gone to sh1t.

I really hope the admin that caused all this trouble are punished for their actions starting with Waldron.

Absolutely devistated

The truth. That Melbourne Storm cheated, and like what should happen to every cheater, got their premierships taken away from them. Turn it into a life lesson of some sort.

I totally agree!

The RIGHT thing was done and this pathetic excuse of a football team got LESS than what they deserved.

They should be kicked out all together!!!

We don't need cheating scum like the melbourne storm in existence !!!!!!

Brian Waldron should be ashamed of himself, and it sickens me that he's now in charge of making the Melbourne Rebels a success. If the VRU had any sense they'd throw him out before the day ends.

Surely he has to go, no one will want anything to with ever again will they?

I feel for all you Storm fans, I'm a RL fan first and foremost and this breaks my heart because I thought the Storm were just coming good in terms of support and being accepted.

But stick strong, the old saying goes, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger (lets hope this doesn't kill the Storm)

Just read a few post at Planet rugby with a whole lot of gloating, don't give those types the satisfaction :thumbsu:

I totally agree!

The RIGHT thing was done and this pathetic excuse of a football team got LESS than what they deserved.

They should be kicked out all together!!!

We don't need cheating scum like the melbourne storm in existence !!!!!!
So you would like the bulldogs and the warriors kicked out also?

Remove this Banner Ad

This is one of the saddest days in my life

Remove this Banner Ad

Back