thought you guys would be interested in this on Bower

Remove this Banner Ad

if i am seeming presumptious or insulting, i apologise, im not meaning to be. im just purely curious as to why the blues wouldnt want to lock him away as soon as possible. i was curious as to whether people would want him on a long term deal or would they be happy to wait for the end of the season, being over in the peel region i take interest in these sorts of things.... forget warnock was ever mentioned, dont think im thinking of trades or anything like that.... how do people rate paul. i think he is a real talent

Maybe we are wanting him to continue in his current form for the rest of the season to well and truly show he is worthy of a decent step up in salary. Maybe we are juggling several contracts and trying to get each one signed early on a lower rate so there is more left for the ones that hold out. The opening offer (if there has been one) is always an ambit offer, never expected to be accepted.

Bower is clearly rated given we never considered sending him to West Coast to get Judd, even when it looked like Kennedy might be better long term value. He is a natural rebounder, has great recovery skills and suits our game style perfectly.

Maybe we are wanting him to continue in his current form for the rest of the season to well and truly show he is worthy of a decent step up in salary. Maybe we are juggling several contracts and trying to get each one signed early on a lower rate so there is more left for the ones that hold out. The opening offer (if there has been one) is always an ambit offer, never expected to be accepted.

Bower is clearly rated given we never considered sending him to West Coast to get Judd, even when it looked like Kennedy might be better long term value. He is a natural rebounder, has great recovery skills and suits our game style perfectly.

thankyou. he seems intrenched in your lineup at the moment, given his form i couldnt forsee that changing anytime in the near future.

thankyou. he seems intrenched in your lineup at the moment, given his form i couldnt forsee that changing anytime in the near future.

Bower's staying. The Blues rated him higher than Kennedy and we were delighted when the Weagles thought the opposite during the Judd trade. The main reason Bower's progressing so well is that the Blues have an excellent young player development program in place now. For this reason I doubt he'd be anywhere near the same player if he was at one of the regional Freagle teams. Very few players ever want to leave Carlton because we are the most successful Club in the competition (16 flags), and are obsessed with winning flags only. Imagine how good it would be for a young player being a part of a highly talented young list like the Blues have and being guided by former stars like Ratten, Bradley, Williams, Harvey etc etc. It doesn't get much better that. :)

the warnock deal was fair.... get over it

as for bower, i think he deserves a three year deal, on good money, he is young, he is in peak form, and adds real excitment to our defence, he should be on more money than crabs like russel and houlihan anyway, i just hope management sign him up, because we definetly dont want to see paul be in any other jumper than our famous navy blue

Off topic, but good to see someone from The 'Gon round these Blue parts :thumbsu:

He doesn't suit my clean underwear sometimes. :eek: Never seen anyone so in control seem so out of control!

Bower's staying. The Blues rated him higher than Kennedy and we were delighted when the Weagles thought the opposite during the Judd trade. The main reason Bower's progressing so well is that the Blues have an excellent young player development program in place now. For this reason I doubt he'd be anywhere near the same player if he was at one of the regional Freagle teams. Very few players ever want to leave Carlton because we are the most successful Club in the competition (16 flags), and are obsessed with winning flags only. Imagine how good it would be for a young player being a part of a highly talented young list like the Blues have and being guided by former stars like Ratten, Bradley, Williams, Harvey etc etc. It doesn't get much better that. :)

If the Blues rated Bower higher than Kennedy, then they are dumb as a bat. The weagles rated Kennedy higher than Bower, they always wanted Kennedy part of the trade, and if the Weagles wanted Bower, Carlton would have given Bower in a heartbeat.

Kennedy ----> Bower.

Just imagine what Kennedy could of done at our club at the moment and the foreseeable future.

If the Blues rated Bower higher than Kennedy, then they are dumb as a bat. The weagles rated Kennedy higher than Bower, they always wanted Kennedy part of the trade, and if the Weagles wanted Bower, Carlton would have given Bower in a heartbeat.

Kennedy ----> Bower.

Just imagine what Kennedy could of done at our club at the moment and the foreseeable future.
Speculative. We still have Bower, we don't have Kennedy. Bower is currently doing far better in his role than Kennedy is in his.

For the record, bats are fairly intelligent creatures.

2 points...

(1) Why on Earth would ANYONE want to play for Freo. Haven't heard of anyone wanting to be traded to that place. It's clearly been a failed AFL experiment.

(2) You'll be merged in a few years with either Port or Tassie so it's an academic fabricated rumor anyway.

:)

keep selling games and you can stay in melbourne

How did we rape you in the Warnock deal? You sound like a idiot, and you prolly are now piss of back to your board.

There is nothing wrong with this post. I think you should piss off the Carlton board... What do you think you are writing posts like that?

Murphy - signed up until 2011.
Gibbs - signed up until 2010.
Kreuzer - signed until 2010 IIRC.

Can't imagine Bower would want to go anywhere. The great thing about Carlton, even in their darkest times, only one player has ever left because of contract negotiations broke down, and that was Hamill. Given what could be around the corner, I can't imagine anyone wanting to leave. Bower's not going anywhere.

Kennedy ----> Bower.

Where have you been the last 2 years??? Bower has left Kennedy in his wake!!! Not even in the same ball park...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where have you been the last 2 years??? Bower has left Kennedy in his wake!!! Not even in the same ball park...

Absolutely agree. JK's weaknesses overshadow his strengths unfortunately i.e. pretty bad at ground level, and very easy to rebound off. He's a great contested mark, with a difficult-to-negate reach. But once it hits the deck he struggles big time making his game a little one-dimensional. He really hasn't improved his game since joining the Weagles. Will be a good player, but not a superstar. Matty Kruezer has way more CHF potential. :)

Hey Bat,

I have been watching the blues very closely. I don't rate Bower, his possessions are useless, not to mention his spoiling is below par. He goes alright against 3rd tall’s but we have many that do that role. Kennedy has far more upside than Bower...

I have been watching the blues very closely. I don't rate Bower, his possessions are useless, not to mention his spoiling is below par. He goes alright against 3rd tall’s but we have many that do that role. Kennedy has far more upside than Bower...

Mate you don't have any idea, Bower creates that many loose men its unbelievable, he draws players to him and then gives off to the loose man, very much like Leo Barry was doing a couple of years ago at Sydney, yes he looks lost sometimes but this guy is very young and will be an absolute gun. His pace and reading of the play is excellent and has done some great jobs on key forwards, Lance Franklin being one. We are playing at night tomorrow so you can watch, how many times he is the third man up and how many times he runs the ball out of defense.

By the way what has JK ever done apart from one good game against us???

Mate you don't have any idea, Bower creates that many loose men its unbelievable, he draws players to him and then gives off to the loose man, very much like Leo Barry was doing a couple of years ago at Sydney, yes he looks lost sometimes but this guy is very young and will be an absolute gun. His pace and reading of the play is excellent and has done some great jobs on key forwards, Lance Franklin being one. We are playing at night tomorrow so you can watch, how many times he is the third man up and how many times he runs the ball out of defense.

By the way what has JK ever done apart from one good game against us???

He draws players, because he doesn't know what he is doing half the time. Three quarters of the time he goes back and turns it over. He is everything but Leo Barry, shocking comparison. When he goes third man up, he doesn’t impose himself, he palms the ball when he spoils.

Kennedy played amazingly well last year and played a very good game against Sydney. I only watch the the Eagles because of the bloke, I bet you don't even watch them.

Let me ask you this, if you had both of them right know at Carlton, who would you trade in order to get Judd? Honest answer.

His one on one spoiling needs work when the ball is coming in on quick, that's for sure.

Not sure how you can say his possessions are useless. He averages 20.7 possessions per game, 85% disposal efficiency.

He draws players, because he doesn't know what he is doing half the time.
So you draw players and create space by accident? He draws players because he is calm and waits for the best option. He gives away less than one free kick per game so it isn't as though he is getting caught in possession all the time like when he first started out.

Three quarters of the time he goes back and turns it over.
Completely untrue ...... actually shockingly bad call. That is quite some bias you have there against Bower.

keep selling games and you can stay in melbourne

Keep selling AMWAY and you can stay in your mum's back room. :thumbsu:

Even after the edit this has all the insightful acumen of a Harvey comic.

Bower >>>>>>>>>> Warnock.

(as far as importance to our future.)

First round pick please. Won't make it past Melbourne in the PSD.

If OP on a trolling mission - Azul has left you with nothing but your little black box :p

While I dont doubt you one bit, whether Bower was happy or unhappy at Carlton his dad would have given you that exact response.

Dont think he'd say "yeah look, you seem like a good bloke so keep this under your hat. Paul's unhappy and will be gone by the end of the year".

I have been told pretty close to this Barry by a father so I think sometimes conversations are not encoded - one would hope so or else why would we need Sudoko :rolleyes:

Bower is a required player, he's going nowhere (so you can get your hand off it).

Love your avatar BY :thumbsu:

Is it only me or does this sound like opposition supporter speak :confused:

So you draw players and create space by accident? He draws players because he is calm and waits for the best option. He gives away less than one free kick per game so it isn't as though he is getting caught in possession all the time like when he first started out.

Completely untrue ...... actually shockingly bad call. That is quite some bias you have there against Bower.

see above

He draws players, because he doesn't know what he is doing half the time. Three quarters of the time he goes back and turns it over. He is everything but Leo Barry, shocking comparison. When he goes third man up, he doesn’t impose himself, he palms the ball when he spoils.

Kennedy played amazingly well last year and played a very good game against Sydney. I only watch the the Eagles because of the bloke, I bet you don't even watch them.

Let me ask you this, if you had both of them right know at Carlton, who would you trade in order to get Judd? Honest answer.

I watch heaps of footy and really can't remember him having an impact at all apart from one game against us.

This is only my opinion but I swear to you I would give 2 Keneddys for one Bower. I didnt rate JK when he was here as he spilled too many marks for my liking and was a one trick pony, yes he was young but he doesnt seem to have improved a great deal. Bower has come on in leaps, he gives us run, spoils and can play on talls and smalls.

Most of all Bower is a quality backman and although contrary to popular belief
a strong defense is what wins you flags, so even if they were equally as good I would prob go for Bower. However I believe Bower is miles ahead.

Further, JK is a big wide body and his ground recovery skills are poor, I think he will struggle in todays footy once he gets older and loses his agility. CHF's have to be really athletic with big tanks, like Riewoldt, Brown etc. Unfortunately for JK he was probably suited to footy in the 80's and 90's.

Kennedy ----> Bower.

I think you are better off commenting on the bummers..because you know jack shyte about Carlton.

Sorry to out you ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

thought you guys would be interested in this on Bower

Remove this Banner Ad

Back