Thoughts on Posties debut?

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked the look of him very athlectic and worked hard to. Kicking might need to improve.Vickery is getting better game after game for me and him and Graham look a great pairing and the future.:thumbsu:

I liked Postie looks to have the goods. Did show more then McKernan which was good to see.:eek:
I liked the way he wants to take the game on hopefully he can become a good FF, but for now just put him on the wing and let him have a run around and get his confidence up then put him into a position were they can put him for the future like a FF:D

Very very good player weve got here, you can see why he plays his footy in the back line he just reads the play so well. In saying that could they play him at CHF for a few games. Please :rolleyes:

Looked good, athletic, knew where to be. Had excellent hand skills, and managed to find space where many of our other players couldn't have even thrown the ball. Kicking was okay, had that shocker in the backline, but other than that didn't seem to screw up - had a propensity to kick it long and straight down the ground which was good to see.

- had a propensity to kick it long and straight down the ground which was good to see.

This was only done when he was deep in the backline and was done only because he had no idea, or obviously the confidence to try and hit up a player. It is the last resort option in that situation. Long to the contested pack where we hope OUR bigman, last night Graham, may take the grab and keep control, because once it hits the ground, its a 50% chance of coming straight back and drilled onto his opponents chest 30 meters out from goal.

Having said that, the Crows are very good at the man on man and locking it in. My point is it is not a positive, except if you are saying he was able to kick it more than 50 meters.

He looked about 15 years old but gave 120%. Thought he looked a bit "loping' myself considering he is not a ruckman. But I think after a couple of preseasons he will be "run into" a better shape.

Well done to the kids last night. With him, Jack, Morton and Nahas in forward 50 at one point, I thought there is some youth right there! (BTW Nahas really needs to work on a left foot)

Continues to remind me of a young Richo!

Good debut.

Young Vickery looked good as well. Was marking cleanly too!

Isn't it refreshing to see some tall young Richmond colts out there? Put Gourdis in as well with Rance and Putt and we start looking like a good size unit.

Great debut better then Watts, Vickery and Natanui, good 1%ers good commitment, looked very confident, have watched him at Coburg very impressive, top draft pickup, future of the club, and agree get Gourdis and Putt out there for at least 3 games this year.

Flew back this morning on the same flight as the coaches and we asked about Post. They replied that they were very happy with his effort first up, especially as he was playing on Bock and Rutten when up forward. Said he looked liked he belonged out there and didn't feel the pressure. The pretty much said that they want to play him for the remainder of the season as long as his form holds up.

Sitting amongst a heap of Crows fans last night and a few said he looks better than Sellar already. On a further positive they also said that we have a good group of youngsters coming through and it reminded them of their side of a few years ago. Just need to persist with the kids and get games into them and we should be right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looked okay, kinda like a big colt running around not quite knowing what to do but at the same time belonging.

I also thought Vickery showed something.....

These kids are the future. Must play every game this year. Macmahon, pettifer, bowden never to return. Bring in rance and drop silvester. No future for him.

From a neutral's prospective, he made a excellent debut. Watched him go through Junior's and always knew he had a talent. To me, i believe he will become the future cult figure of the tigers. Very good pick up for you guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Posties debut?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back