Preview Round 4 v St Kilda Gather Round Norwood Oval Sunday 7th April 3.20pm McAuliffe DEBUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gather round is giving me the shites. Less than 10,000 get to go tomorrow, how is that a significant ‘gather’. Tickets sold out in minutes 5 months ago. Bullshite.

how is it that Collingwood are biggest team in the AFL? Only game not sold out

Proof the afl are 100% blooze….have a look at the last 2 mins of the Freo game…they can feel robbed 100%
I thought the ball was touched. Its only a matter of time before a grand final is decided by a wrong umpiring call or goal review.
The AFL needs the ‘contest refs call’ like in the nfl but it will never happen as the umpires amd third umpire are never wrong.
Thats my humble opinion as i follow the nfl as well as afl😁

I'm repeating myself but how do Essendon come out and say they play on the edge and push the boundaries but get sucked off by the umps, yet we've played on the edge and got reamed and continue to get reamed. You can't say it's the way we play.
The whole “it’s how we play” is bullshit. We haven’t been a proper pressure side since 2020 as shown by our average pressure ratings throughout the years. Yet, the free kick differential remains the same.

Only thing I can think of is umpiring bias (whether conscious or unconscious)

The whole “it’s how we play” is bullshit. We haven’t been a proper pressure side since 2020 as shown by our average pressure ratings throughout the years. Yet, the free kick differential remains the same.

Only thing I can think of is umpiring bias (whether conscious or unconscious)

It’s absolutely bias. When the Tigers became good the whole footy world lost their minds .. it wasn’t supposed to be like that. They weren’t supposed to be the first to 100,000 members. They weren’t supposed to have the games first player to win a NS, Brownlow and flag in same year. Their supporters weren’t meant to be happy.

So what’s the only way to bring them back to the pack and back to their rightful place ? Umpiring. From 2017-2020 we were too good and it didn’t matter . But as we’ve gotten worse we can’t keep winning games when suffering badly at the hands of the umpires. And the footy world doesn’t want to have to experience the ‘Tiger army’ for at least another generation so the umpires play their part in restoring order.

Nothing else explains being at the bottom of the free kick differential ladder every year for the best part of 8-seasons…. which started when we became a good side in 2017.

If we are crappy for 3-4 more years you will see our differential close, guarantee it. In fact I guarantee a raw deal against the Saints … the footy world won’t have been happy with a Tiger win against Sydney where we won the free kick count.. by one. Bookmark it… Max King at least 3 soft frees that aren’t there for starters.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s at best lazy and probably deceitful because no one has ever made the effort to explain exactly what that means.

“It’s how they play”; meaning what?
It's clearly a bullshit excuse, because if it really was how we play, it would affect the frees paid against us. Which isn't the issue. Most of the frees we give away are there. They might be soft, but technically they're there.

The issue is the ones we don't get when the opposition infringe. And that comes down to the way the opposition play, not the way we play.

Unfortunately, the only way to beat the corrupt c**ksuckers that are the AFL is to be so good that the umpiring doesn't matter. We had that for a few years but the next one might be a little way off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's clearly a bullshit excuse, because if it really was how we play, it would affect the frees paid against us. Which isn't the issue. Most of the frees we give away are there. They might be soft, but technically they're there.

The issue is the ones we don't get when the opposition infringe. And that comes down to the way the opposition play, not the way we play.

Unfortunately, the only way to beat the corrupt c**ksuckers that are the AFL is to be so good that the umpiring doesn't matter. We had that for a few years but the next one might be a little way off.
We get mcginnivan-ed on a team scale

I can’t remember the last time we went into a game with a more dog s**t full Forward than Kosi as the only key target

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The Mark McQueen years and Alister Scott ones were pretty epic.

Right on Hoos. It's the ones we DON'T get that is so biased. We do infringe, but we don't get rewarded when we should, as well as the oppos not getting penalised for other indiscretions (throws etc) that we get pinged for. Most of the time you are left shaking your head wondering whether you are still watching the same game.

Gather round is giving me the shites. Less than 10,000 get to go tomorrow, how is that a significant ‘gather’. Tickets sold out in minutes 5 months ago. Bullshite.

how is it that Collingwood are biggest team in the AFL? Only game not sold out
Gather Round=Mexican wave.
I mean isn't football suppose to be entertaining?

We'll lose because we have to play at a shit heap of a ground with no wings. It's the stuff of dreams for a Ross Lyon side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back