Remove this Banner Ad

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
As if Sunday couldn't get any worse after a demoralizing 89 point smashing. Twenty minutes from takeoff at 10:30 pm they annouce on the PA that the flight has been cancelled. Leaving a whole plane made up largely of Freo supporters stranded in Melbourne. The earliest they offered to fly us back was a day later leaving people to find accommodation for the night and lose a days work on Monday. After going over to a internet kiosk I managed to get an 8:30 am flight out the next morning and have just arrived back now.

Never fly Tiger again... What a shit weekend :mad:

Excuse me from intruding on your rant, but why did you choose to fly with them in the first place? It's common knowledge they are a super low cost carrier, who have a poor record.

Never known anyone with issues with them until now. They may not be the best but they are still supposed to bloody fly.

As if Sunday couldn't get any worse after a demoralizing 89 point smashing. Twenty minutes from takeoff at 10:30 pm they annouce on the PA that the flight has been cancelled. Leaving a whole plane made up largely of Freo supporters stranded in Melbourne. The earliest they offered to fly us back was a day later leaving people to find accommodation for the night and lose a days work on Monday. After going over to a internet kiosk I managed to get an 8:30 am flight out the next morning and have just arrived back now.

Never fly Tiger again... What a shit weekend :mad:

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys. oh, and sorry about the 89 pt drubbing.

Yep, what have you learned from that. Never fly Tiger. I flew with them once to Singapore and got lucky. But I keep hearing that they regularly cancel flights domestically. So I try to avoid them. Qantas are the best of a bad bunch, Virgin is good if you are flying to Melbourne or Sydney (don't get the Foxtel on Adelaide flights I'm afraid).

Flew with them on the 9th to Melbourne with no dramas at all, Flew with them on the 18th back to Perth with a 30 minute delay but other than that no other dramas.

If you want reliable flights go with QANTAS, if you want to save some money then Tiger/Virgin is the way to go......however, them cancelling flights 30 minutes prior to take off is a bloody joke and should be investigated by someone, same thing happened to the Sydney flight before my one back to Perth 'Operational difficulties' being the excuse......how many 'Opperational difficulties' should an airline be afforded until someone deems them unsafe? or just rorting the system?

I will never fly Tiger ever again!

I have had some terrible problems with them, they are no better than a piece of gum stuck on the bottom of your shoe....

I have experienced the cancelled flight 30mins before departure.

The sitting on the runway in Sydney for 75mins in the middle of summer with no aircon only then to be told there plane has electrical difficulties and cant fly, and as Sydney airport has a curfew we could not get on another flight even if we wanted to as the airport was closing down for the night.

And my most favorite, trying to leave Hobart when the plane was surged upon by federal police as a lady had stashed weed in her babies nappy. The cabin crew "were so distraught" the flight was cancelled and we had to wait 5 hours for another flight!

God bless you Qantas and Virgin!!

Yep, what have you learned from that. Never fly Tiger. I flew with them once to Singapore and got lucky. But I keep hearing that they regularly cancel flights domestically. So I try to avoid them. Qantas are the best of a bad bunch, Virgin is good if you are flying to Melbourne or Sydney (don't get the Foxtel on Adelaide flights I'm afraid).

I'd not fly with them in Australia, in SE Asia though they are great, much better srvice than Jetstar, Virgin Blue etc.

People get sucked in by the cheap fares, but it's all pointless if you cant get to where you want to be.

tiger1t.jpg

I caught a Tiger airways flight way back when they started, to go to Melbourne for a footy weekend. I don't even know how much they are these days, I swear I got a return ticket for $95 or something, opening special. After nearly catching hypothermia in the baggage holding pen they had set up outside on a lovely 6am Melbourne winter's morning, I vowed never again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So glad someone's else has started a Tiger bitch from this weeks game!!!?!

I think I can beat it though...

I was flying to the game from Sydney, but missed their bloody 45 minute curfew by just a couple of minutes. So was told I had to pay $90 more for the next flight to Melbourne. I guess that wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to go and sit in the terminal and helplessly watch people filing into my original plane for another 20 minutes before it took off!

Then the flight I was forced to be on just kept on getting delayed, which meant I couldn't rock up to the MCG until half time. Of course I had to get a cab... BANG - there's another $60!

All wrapped up nicely in the end by an insipid performance from our boys... Haha, and I was so looking forward to my first ever game at the 'G'!:D

i ****ing hate tiger. their seats are cramped and when upright, you're actually learning forward a bit. did my back in on a flight over to perth from melbourne. never again.

I hope we have all learnt a lesson from this. Its worth that bit extra to fly with an airline that isn't a complete shambles.

FWIW I don't understand the hate for Qantas. Never had an issue with them ever. That said domestically I mainly fly Virgin. Again no problems.

Tiger are on my blacklist after a complete cockup. I didn't even get to fly with them. I used to prefer Qantas, but since they screwed the maintenance department and bits started falling off their planes I decided the extra cost wasn't worth it. The Virgin experience has been reasonably good so far, although more cramped than Qantas.

Tiger are good for one thing.. Price.

So I use their price, and Jetstar's 'Price Beat Guarantee' means the 4 of us (adults) fly with Jetstar return to Singapore for $1502 next month.

Jetstar aren't great, but they are a lot better than Tiger..
This.

Got return airfare to Bali next month using the price match nonsense for THREE people, for less than the cost return for ONE person on their normal rates, by getting 10% less than their (Tiger) stupid prices, and choose your time out etc.

Win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Tiger Airways

Remove this Banner Ad

Back