Tigers Claim a Victory over Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 22, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Not a massive one.... yet. If Helbig goes OK, though, well....

In any case, it's pretty funny:D

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/eagle-eyed-vics/story-e6frf9jf-1225957914017

RICHMOND is claiming a victory of sorts in its battle with Essendon over Bachar Houli.

The clubs fell out during trade week after no deal was finalised for Houli, who had told the Bombers he wanted out of Windy Hill.

The Tigers offered their third-round draft pick, No. 47, to the Bombers, but they already had No. 48 and did not regard the opportunity to improve one spot as adequate compensation.

Houli will still find his way to Punt Rd in the pre-season draft and the Tigers snared West Adelaide midfielder Bradley Helbig with selection No. 47.

They claim Helbig had been prominent on Essendon's radar at No. 48.

I think this is Gold if its true! Watching the live picks on Foxtel there was definantly groans after we named him, not sure if that was from the bombers or not but hopefully it was and they're a kicking them selves about not taking Houli for #47!

Teach them for being knobs in trade week, no wonder no-one wanted to trade with them!

Francis Jackson today said he could Essendon swearing and groaning when we names Helbig.
I remembered they called for extra time afte we picked up Helbig, this makes it much more sweeter
I think this kid is our best valued pick! I loved his senior debut utube highlights

So much for them requiring only three picks.
They went on to select pick 64 and 80.
Just shows they were trying to be smart and thinking they could pressure us into releasing an earlier pick.
Backfired on them big time. Not a great start for Hird, needs to be smarter and also reasonable when negotiating.

am i reading correctly that essendon used picks 80 and 64?
what happened to only using the first 3?
hahaha slattery 20 i cannot wait to read your excuse on this one you muppet.
so basically, we picked up helbig with 47 (who essendon wanted), after they rejected that same pic, only to then proceed to select players at 64 and 80.
good job.

Can go both ways of course. Had the Lions not taken Bart McCullouch in 08, we would have and thus had no spot for Cuz. Both lasted 2 years...

That said, I will now watch Helbig just a tiny bit closer, and wish him well just a tiny bit more....

On any measure, a shocking bit of "negotiation" by the Dons. As someone said in the pick 47 thread - they lost Houli for nothing, ended up using picks up to 80 and missed out on Helbig. Trifecta!!

irrespective of how helbig turns out, adrian dodoro has hardly covered himself in glory this trade period.

pumped to see the dons wallow in the bottom 4 for a few years

Can go both ways of course. Had the Lions not taken Bart McCullouch in 08, we would have and thus had no spot for Cuz. Both lasted 2 years...

That said, I will now watch Helbig just a tiny bit closer, and wish him well just a tiny bit more....

On any measure, a shocking bit of "negotiation" by the Dons. As someone said in the pick 47 thread - they lost Houli for nothing, ended up using picks up to 80 and missed out on Helbig. Trifecta!!

... knowing now that the bumbers wanted helbig...;)...

... and having him come to tigerland after all their amateurish 'negotiations' to snare him...:D...

... just makes it all now so much... s wee ter...:p...

...what would top it all off is for helbig to now go on and win the 2011 award for best young emerging player...:p...

... and for houli to come runner up in the 2011 brownlow count...

... to grigg...:D...

Not a massive one.... yet. If Helbig goes OK, though, well....

In any case, it's pretty funny:D

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/eagle-eyed-vics/story-e6frf9jf-1225957914017

RICHMOND is claiming a victory of sorts in its battle with Essendon over Bachar Houli.

The clubs fell out during trade week after no deal was finalised for Houli, who had told the Bombers he wanted out of Windy Hill.

The Tigers offered their third-round draft pick, No. 47, to the Bombers, but they already had No. 48 and did not regard the opportunity to improve one spot as adequate compensation.

Houli will still find his way to Punt Rd in the pre-season draft and the Tigers snared West Adelaide midfielder Bradley Helbig with selection No. 47.

They claim Helbig had been prominent on Essendon's radar at No. 48.

I believe it's a thing called Karma. (and because they were such dicks, we really have Karma Sutra'd them). Where has LanceUppercut and my mate Brenno got to anyway?

me me me, i even started a thread on the main board which was taken down by the essendon mods............fancy passing up 47 and then taking someone at 64 and 80....lol

cue lance........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate this shit.

Last time we claimed a victory over someone in trade week, it was against Hawthorn in 2004 and we all know how that worked out.

We should be content with what we got and just shut the **** up.

Serves the knobs right, total amatuers.

But your 3rd rounder is no good to us because we wont use it & our list is good enough for hird.

cue: Slattery_20

am i reading correctly that essendon used picks 80 and 64?
what happened to only using the first 3?
hahaha slattery 20 i cannot wait to read your excuse on this one you muppet.
so basically, we picked up helbig with 47 (who essendon wanted), after they rejected that same pic, only to then proceed to select players at 64 and 80.
good job.

See I can't win here.
I've answered this often enough, I swear. Cue people banging on about me trolling your boards or clogging up threads.

I'll do it again, I'll bold it so you can all see it.

We gambled on trying to get a higher pick, it failed; and with the benefit of 3 weeks hindsight, we lost the difference between a 3rd & 5th rd pick.

Ie, a loss but hardly end of the world you're making it out to be.

Concur.
We were pissy we missed Dean Putt once upon a time as well. Hooker's looking pretty good in comparison.

Just hope they didn’t take him out of some sort of spite because they knew the Bombers wanted him.

For that to happen we'd have to:

a) Know Essendon were after him
b) Have a recruting dept that didn't take their job seriously
c) Give a shit about Essendon

a) is a possibility. b) & c) are not chance of happening.

I hate this shit.

Last time we claimed a victory over someone in trade week, it was against Hawthorn in 2004 and we all know how that worked out.

...i love this shite...;)...

...not worried about last time's this and that's...:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:...

...finally the tigers bandwagon is starting to roll and all the chicken littles freak out!!!...:D:D:D...

I hate this shit.

If I was a Hawthorn supporter I would be bumping those threads. Some real rippers in there if you want to look as to how good Tambling was going to be and how the Hawks had been lumped with Buddy.

Bachar Houli really makes up for them seeing four premierships to the one I have seen.

Feels like the days when Richmond lost, you would tell your friends that we won the little league game.

I attended training today and i must say, Bachar is looking in great nick! he won quite a few contested ball and his kicking really is elite!
That left foot is a weapon!

In my write up on the training thread i said that Houli will keep alot of bomber supporters quiet this year, He is super fit, he won most of his groups trials and his body is so strong now that i dont think winning the hard ball will be an issue for him in the future!

Helbig looks quite good too, hopefully he can really make them look bad by playing good footy for us!

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers Claim a Victory over Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back