Tigers Pre-Season 2015 - Open Training Friday @ Lavington

Remove this Banner Ad

Noticed delisted Carlton player Cachia in the run. He's a very good VFL player and would hope we signed him up to our VFL club. Would be a quality addition to them as an on field leader.

He's going out with one of Robert Shaws daughters from memory and one of our list management guys is with another of his daughters so there is a connection there.

Not for AFL for mine, although better than others who have been retained on our rookie list.....

Liam mcbean....thats what i wanna know about...we have all been waiting we all be hearing but is the kid going to live upto the hype, we have certainly done right by him and let him mature in the Vfl, is he finally putting some size on ? Is he as good as we hear? Is he going to make i big impact on AFL level ? What are peoples thoughts and any one close please let rip, im am very intersted ?

Nathan Gordon had the best time it seems followed closely by Brandon Ellis.

According to Gordon (interview per the RFC website) Conca, Lloyd and McBean all ran better than expected.

Apparently the RFC fitness staff are quite happy with the times.

Also Tigerbob thought Cachia looked handy for the Blues during his time there. Agree he isn't AFL standard, but a good pick up for our VFL team (should we sign him). In my opinion, the more ex-AFL types to create competition for our youth the better.

Noticed delisted Carlton player Cachia in the run. He's a very good VFL player and would hope we signed him up to our VFL club. Would be a quality addition to them as an on field leader.

He's going out with one of Robert Shaws daughters from memory and one of our list management guys is with another of his daughters so there is a connection there.

Not for AFL for mine, although better than others who have been retained on our rookie list.....
He's signed with the VFL team already I believe

He's a good mate of mine, would love him at the club.
Ripping bloke.

'Burning' Tigers prepare for "hardest ever" pre-season

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...r-hardest-ever-preseason-20141115-11nblb.html

Tigers fitness boss Peter Burge has declared this will be the toughest pre-season the players have endured, and will also be the longest considering the home-and-away season does not begin until April 3 due to cricket's World Cup.

"It's going to be a longer pre-season given the later start to the year but it's just going to be full of hard work. Without giving too much away, they are probably going to end up working harder than they have ever done before," he said.

Get ready for a Burge Surge.

He's a good mate of mine, would love him at the club.
Ripping bloke.

He is a really good bloke from the minimal dealings I have had with him.

Think he's someone we should build our VFL side around. He's a leader and quality guy
Would help the youngsters. If he has ambitions to coach later in life we should offer him a contract to play for our VFL team in a leadership role, pay for coaching courses, allow him to learn off our coaches.

That way it sets him up for later in life also. I think the guy can play and was doing some good roles for Carlton.

Has he signed for our VFL team? tigs2010 thinks so but you can never trust a word he says.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam mcbean....thats what i wanna know about...we have all been waiting we all be hearing but is the kid going to live upto the hype, we have certainly done right by him and let him mature in the Vfl, is he finally putting some size on ? Is he as good as we hear? Is he going to make i big impact on AFL level ? What are peoples thoughts and any one close please let rip, im am very intersted ?

Dude, he has been on the list for two years. He needs more time to develop. He has gained over 10kgs since first drafted but still needs to add more muscle. 2016/17 is when he should be looking to hold down a spot in the best 22.

He is a really good bloke from the minimal dealings I have had with him.

Think he's someone we should build our VFL side around. He's a leader and quality guy
Would help the youngsters. If he has ambitions to coach later in life we should offer him a contract to play for our VFL team in a leadership role, pay for coaching courses, allow him to learn off our coaches.

That way it sets him up for later in life also. I think the guy can play and was doing some good roles for Carlton.

Has he signed for our VFL team? tigs2010 thinks so but you can never trust a word he says.....
Harsh. I'm no Tiger71 :p

Dude, he has been on the list for two years. He needs more time to develop. He has gained over 10kgs since first drafted but still needs to add more muscle. 2016/17 is when he should be looking to hold down a spot in the best 22.

we all knew McBean was a longer term project & was close to a game in 2013 but he got injured. that same injury ruined his pre season last year so he's not been able to properly have a go at it. full pre season this time around so that will help him bigtime

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers Pre-Season 2015 - Open Training Friday @ Lavington

Remove this Banner Ad

Back