News Tigers to trade for a ruckman

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw Clarke from freo play today - he is an absolute gun, should be added to this list mate. He could easily be a top 4 ruck in a few years, rucks well, competes well, chases hard and gets around the ground.

Would happily try and trade our second pick for him. I think he's a Vic so if he demands a move, we can pull off another Houli/Grigg deal :thumbsu:

I would chase him too if chasing anyone. I like the look of this guy.

I thought he was WA guy but realise he from VIC so I would move the earth to get him.

Include Derrix in a trade if possible if suits as a WA boy

Freo are not a premiership threat in the next 6 years IMO as some of their players are a tad overrated it seems so Clarke should make a move

I would chase him too if chasing anyone. I like the look of this guy.

I thought he was WA guy but realise he from VIC so I would move the earth to get him.

Include Derrix in a trade if possible if suits as a WA boy

Freo are not a premiership threat in the next 6 years IMO as some of their players are a tad overrated it seems so Clarke should make a move

I'd say they are a TAD in front of us and they won't give up Clarke, time to move onto the next target

I'd say they are a TAD in front of us and they won't give up Clarke, time to move onto the next target

I say based on today, we are closer to a premiership than them so why should Clarke waste his time???

Time to make a move Clarkey and if not now, next year , why not be patient???

Bottom line is why should RFC and Z Clarke cut our noses off despite our face???

i still reckon we need a stop gap option that will not cost us much but be of a type that is good in the centre. ie seaby/blake. seaby we will have to trade for blake will cost us nothing
but he is good a ruck stoppages. will be happy to get a good player but fear we will have to pay the piper for them!

i still reckon we need a stop gap option that will not cost us much but be of a type that is good in the centre. ie seaby/blake. seaby we will have to trade for blake will cost us nothing
but he is good a ruck stoppages. will be happy to get a good player but fear we will have to pay the piper for them!

If Blake costs us nothing get Blake. No-brainer really and the obvious selection short term!!

what we need is a clear plan to get a high quality ruckman into our system. that is if people do not think vickery a future ruckman.
there is no point what so ever going after mature ruckmen if we dont put a succesion plan in place.

id be more than happy to trade cheaply for hudson if vickery is to be the future ruckman. if vickery is not the future ruckman and most seem to think he isnt then we need a longer term short term ruckman than hudson. sheesh that sounds irish am i mr magic.
id also be looking to draft with a decent pick the best possible kid/ruckman we can get our hands on in the nd ie wce lycett at 29.

looking long term what are the odds of graham browne derickx and vickery making it as ruckmen. ffs theres a chance we could be saying all 4 are not afl ruckmen, already im pretty certain two arent anyway. now thats a pretty bad long term scenario and one we really should be planning against.

what we need is a clear plan to get a high quality ruckman into our system. that is if people do not think vickery a future ruckman.
there is no point what so ever going after mature ruckmen if we dont put a succesion plan in place.

id be more than happy to trade cheaply for hudson if vickery is to be the future ruckman. if vickery is not the future ruckman and most seem to think he isnt then we need a longer term short term ruckman than hudson. sheesh that sounds irish am i mr magic.
id also be looking to draft with a decent pick the best possible kid/ruckman we can get our hands on in the nd ie wce lycett at 29.

looking long term what are the odds of graham browne derickx and vickery making it as ruckmen. ffs theres a chance we could be saying all 4 are not afl ruckmen, already im pretty certain two arent anyway. now thats a pretty bad long term scenario and one we really should be planning against.

If we don't have a realistic target, what is the point of a succession plain. Moreover who is the person worthy to be succeeded:D

I don't know about irish, but it might be putting the cart before the horse talking about suceeding never was candidates!!

If Blake costs us nothing get Blake. No-brainer really and the obvious selection short term!!

If it costs nothing Blake could be option.

But Stefan Martin would be the number 1 option along with Mac Intosh if he is fit.Both would cost plenty but would be worth it.

The cheaper options but could turn out to be masterstrokes would be Jordan roughread & Shaun Mackernan who is a potential superstar & fits the bill that the club is looking for young ruck that can play forward.
McKernan would be keen to come back to Victoria you would think.

If it costs nothing Blake could be option.

But Stefan Martin would be the number 1 option along with Mac Intosh if he is fit.Both would cost plenty but would be worth it.

The cheaper options but could turn out to be masterstrokes would be Jordan roughread & Shaun Mackernan who is a potential superstar & fits the bill that the club is looking for young ruck that can play forward.
McKernan would be keen to come back to Victoria you would think.

No!

That's a bad Richmond supporter, you go nowhere near Stefan Martin.

Take Jake Spencer, free of charge.

;)

No!

;)

Welcome to the RFC board Gary Lyon. LOL!

Sorry but my mail is a 4 to 5 year offer with mega bucks is going to be impossible for young Martin to refuse.

Besides he will be king of the Jungle at Tigerland not second fiddle to Jamar & you got Gawn you greedy bugger's.:)

No!

;)

Welcome to the RFC board Gary Lyon. LOL!

Sorry but my mail is a 4 to 5 year offer with mega bucks is going to be impossible for young Martin to refuse.

Besides he will be king of the Jungle at Tigerland not second fiddle to Jamar & you got Gawn you greedy bugger's.:)

What's more, he's looking to play with his brother Dustin.

They are brothers, aren't they? :confused: :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say based on today, we are closer to a premiership than them so why should Clarke waste his time???

Time to make a move Clarkey and if not now, next year , why not be patient???

Bottom line is why should RFC and Z Clarke cut our noses off despite our face???

Quoted for LULZ. Love the enthusiasm but surely u cant seriously think that????
They played finals last year with a bad injury list. WIll go close again this year?
What makes u think we are closer. Is it the fact we lost to PA and they didn't? The fact we lost to GC they didnt? We lost to Carlton by 100 and they didnt?

Freo may not win it but they are a helluva lot closer than we are.

But yer Zac Clarke should stop wasting his time there :rolleyes:

seems every club in the draft attempts to find up to standard afl players, if they have flaws that suggest they wont make the grade they are over looked. why would it be any different with mature players from other clubs.

if we go after other clubs players and pay for them with nd picks they should at least be proven capable afl players. ffs mark blake we may as well continue to play graham and browne.
no matter the pick, nd rookie trade what have you, we should be looking to raise the bar every time.would blake be an improvement on graham sheesh id hardly think so and he would cost a reasonable pick.

lmfao :D:D

are people honestly that dumb and deluded??:eek::eek::eek:

in fairness to the magic mushroom i think he is saying fremantle with its current list will not make a gf and in a few yrs will go backwards. they will then enter a rebuild phase while we go past them. good in theory and has logic to it.

there are many reasons that could be debated why we wont go past them.in the near future.

even if they go backwards and into rebuild they have over half their list at 23 or over and as such a strong base to start over from.

we need to asses the draft in what we could possibly get with our pick..

But i wouldn't be gutted if we traded our top pick for a "special offer" in FJ's words.

like M Clark... but he is going to GWS

so i can see us using it on some one like Dangerfield or a Goal kicking half forward

Clarke is contracted and won't be considered for trade, he is the perfect compliment for Sandi which is something we've lacked since Longmuir's knees disintegrated. Jon Griffin could definitely be had though, far too good a ruckman to not be getting a game. Quality old-school type ruckman, but far too similar to Sandi to be played in tandem with him.

Plenty of good ruckmen out there who are very close to breaking out or are stuck in bad situations. Sydney managed to get Seaby and Mumford for cheap, Carlton stole Warnock off us, we snagged Griffin. Don't necessarily have to chase proven guys to get someone quality.

i was real worried about angus on mumford today. and gus started out poor, giving away frees, generally getting beaten, but as the game wore on he did a few good things, marked made contests and mummy didn't win the game for them again.

Still like to have a look at derrickx next year, give gus and browne 1 more yr of development and go after a ruck next year. if someone presents

Clarke is contracted and won't be considered for trade, he is the perfect compliment for Sandi which is something we've lacked since Longmuir's knees disintegrated. Jon Griffin could definitely be had though, far too good a ruckman to not be getting a game. Quality old-school type ruckman, but far too similar to Sandi to be played in tandem with him.

Plenty of good ruckmen out there who are very close to breaking out or are stuck in bad situations. Sydney managed to get Seaby and Mumford for cheap, Carlton stole Warnock off us, we snagged Griffin. Don't necessarily have to chase proven guys to get someone quality.

Griffin is a WA boy that went back to Freo from Adelaide. Don't kid yourself anyone outside WC and Freo would be interested in him except for virtually nothing. You might want your cake and eat it too but when Pav retires with Sandi you will have to offload players if you wish for a proper rebuild!

BTW Clarke is not proven , but you are right, there are plenty of long term options so no need for us to rush and pay overs for any ruck frankly!!

I called this last night but anyone who just watched the Cats v Crows game.
Get MCKERNAN!

I would love this kid at tigerland & was a fan of getting him in his draft year .............. Really dissapointed we passed on him to be honest

Dont know if he would really fill our need for a ruckman as a think he is more a foward than ruck(198cm) but with Vickery could be a good rotation.

Hope he is 1 player we are in the ear of & would have no hesitation in throwing the compo pick back the crows way for him,

Remove this Banner Ad

News Tigers to trade for a ruckman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back