News Tigers to trade for a ruckman

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to throw another scenario out there.

The SA Ruckman, Grundy, i watched his game against W.A in the champs and boy did he look dominant as a 17 year old Ruckman. Fit the model day ruckman tag perfectly as he played like a midfielder at ground level.

If we could snare one of the mini draft picks i would have no hesitation taking him. E.G trading Foley/Jackson for him.

The SA Ruckman, Grundy, i watched his game against W.A in the champs and boy did he look dominant as a 17 year old Ruckman. Fit the model day ruckman tag perfectly as he played like a midfielder at ground level.

If we could snare one of the mini draft picks i would have no hesitation taking him. E.G trading Foley/Jackson for him.

I like the look of Grundy to:thumbsu:

Late starter that was recruited as a 22 yo & has been on brisbanes rookie list , 25 yo (december)

Have not seen anything of him but certainly fits the mould/type that would suit us . But woulnt be happy to pay more than a 4th rounder for him or get him for free but cant see that happening with charman retired and Clarke just about gone.

Think Brisbane would be keen to upgrade him to the senior list this year & recruit another kid aswell.

Also a queenslander so the chances would be just about Nil.

Think Brisbane would be keen to upgrade him to the senior list this year & recruit another kid aswell.
Yep... Lions are just lucky they have a beauty in Leuenberger, or they'd be worried their ruck stocks will be about as good as ours next year! 0 chance.

TBH, I thought Gus was ok today. Certainly someone like Mark Blake might do better as a pure tap ruckman, but around the ground Gus was ok today. He's got the rest of the year to prove himself (to me, anyway). Blake is useless around the ground, and would be a sideways trade at best, rather than a decent step up. He'd be free (you'd assume) which is about his biggest plus. Be happy to swap Browne for Blake, and cross our fingers for Derrickx and some clear improvement from Gus.

Would take our compo as well. And i'd be laughing all the way to the fax machine. Would give them both as well to make sure its done. Kid will be a freak. May only take pick 2 or 3. With O'Meara/Crouch plus possibly Kennedy in the mix.

Advantage of having him a year early to develop him too.

I say based on today, we are closer to a premiership than them so why should Clarke waste his time???

Time to make a move Clarkey and if not now, next year , why not be patient???

Bottom line is why should RFC and Z Clarke cut our noses off despite our face???

Just going to base it on yesterday then. Freo got a decent squad and have been killed by injury this year yet are still in the finals hunt.

I just don't think they would budge and whateva it costs us would be too much.

TBH, I thought Gus was ok today. Certainly someone like Mark Blake might do better as a pure tap ruckman, but around the ground Gus was ok today. He's got the rest of the year to prove himself (to me, anyway). ... Be happy to swap Browne for Blake, and cross our fingers for Derrickx and some clear improvement from Gus.
this is about my take on our rucks too.
keep gus, get someone cheap trade browne and give derrickx a year to see if he can play.

i was real worried about mummy tearing us a new one y'day but in the 2nd half titch and others were 3rd man up and it worked great.

this is about my take on our rucks too.
keep gus, get someone cheap trade browne and give derrickx a year to see if he can play.

i was real worried about mummy tearing us a new one y'day but in the 2nd half titch and others were 3rd man up and it worked great.

Browne is a 21 year old 200+cm ruckman. First, he currently has virtually no trade value. Second, he has shown continual improvement since he has been on the list. Why the hell would you want to trade a 21 year old ruckman?

Browne is a 21 year old 200+cm ruckman. First, he currently has virtually no trade value. Second, he has shown continual improvement since he has been on the list. Why the hell would you want to trade a 21 year old ruckman?
Because he can barely stand in one spot without tripping over himself, let alone contest in the ruck and be useful around the ground?!

I agree with the line of thought that at 21, he should continue to improve over the next few years, but balance and co-ordination isn't something that can easily be developed... you either have it or you don't. That's why I'd be prepared to cut him lose. We can only keep one of Gus and Browne if we're trading another ruck in, and I'd persist with Gus personally. With a bigger tank, a bit more bulk, and a rocket up his a***, he could be a passable AFL quality ruck... just :D

Gus was pretty decent around the ground yesterday, took a couple of good grabs in contested situations. He obviously gives away some dumb frees in the ruck, and overall I just don't think he is switched on enough to be a quality number one ruck.

When Dusty had that shot after the siren from outside 50, Vickery and three Swans ran down to the goal square whilst Gus stood there in the centre square. Cotch had to go over to him and tell him to get the **** down there to help the ball through.

Gus is a ********. As bad as I think Browne is I would almost prefer to give him the time on the slight chance his ridiculous size will end up counting for something.

Angus Graham is never going to cut it as he has no mongrel in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gus is a ********. As bad as I think Browne is I would almost prefer to give him the time on the slight chance his ridiculous size will end up counting for something.

Angus Graham is never going to cut it as he has no mongrel in him.
And that about sums up why we're chasing a ruckman... We can currently choose between someone who could potentially be of passable AFL quality if he had some ticker and gave two hoots, and one who moves around the ground looking like he's come straight from the pub after a really big night on the beers...

Well it would appear that the request that we chase Maric from the Crows may have some chance of coming true.

ADELAIDE ruckman Ivan Maric is looming large in Richmond's hunt for a top-line big man.

Maric, 25, is unsigned for next year and has put off talks on a new deal with the Crows until the end of the season.

It is understood the Tigers have flagged their interest in trying to lure the 200cm ruckman back home to Melbourne.

While he is not a big AFL name, Maric's ruck nous, work ethic and flexibility to play forward or back appeal to the Tigers.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...pect-at-richmond/story-e6frf9jf-1226115468451

I don't think Maric is the best option for us, looks pretty average to me. But if we can get him for nothing, then couldn't hurt.

Also good to read in that article that we are still into Clark, Clarke, and McIntosh.

No quote in there suggesting we're after Maric - pure HS speculation. They even mention Mitch Clark when they had an article not too long ago stating we're not interested because the price is too high. They're just going around in circles looking for a story.

Adelaide ruckman Ivan Maric seen as long-term prospect at Richmond

Herald Sun
ADELAIDE ruckman Ivan Maric is looming large in Richmond's hunt for a top-line big man.

Maric, 25, is unsigned for next year and has put off talks on a new deal with the Crows until the end of the season.

It is understood the Tigers have flagged their interest in trying to lure the 200cm ruckman back home to Melbourne.

While he is not a big AFL name, Maric's ruck nous, work ethic and flexibility to play forward or back appeal to the Tigers.

Last season, he played 21 games and ranked seventh of all ruckmen in the competition for hitouts to advantage. He also finished fourth at the Crows for contested marks.

However, Maric fell out of favour this year and was overlooked by former coach Neil Craig in favour of new No.1 ruckman Sam Jacobs, back-up Brad Moran and key forward Kurt Tippett.

Maric, taken with pick No.40 in the 2004 national draft, played only three games to Round 18 but has played all three games under caretaker coach Mark Bickley.

Maric kicked two goals and featured in six score involvements in Adelaide's 11-point loss against Geelong on Sunday.

He has not ruled out staying in Adelaide and the identity of the new, permanent coach is likely to be a key factor in his decision.

The Tigers want a ruckman to help lead an onball brigade that includes potential superstars Trent Cotchin and Dustin Martin.

Head of football Craig Cameron said Richmond wanted to be active in the trade market this year.

The Tigers have also been linked to ruckmen Mitch Clark (Brisbane Lions), Hamish McIntosh (North Melbourne) and Jonathon Griffin and Zac Clarke (Fremantle).

Maric, who made his debut in 2006, would be unlikely to command a high price but would be assured a long-term contract with the Tigers.

Re: Adelaide ruckman Ivan Maric seen as long-term prospect at Richmond

I have known of this for around 2 weeks now, we have legitimate interest don't be surprised if it occurs and I am not against it as the price will not be outrageous.

He does seem slightly one dimensional but I have always liked the way he goes about it.

Jonathon Griffen would be a much better prospect, could Freo play Sandilands, Clark and Griffen? Wouldn't think so....Clark and Griffen is contracted for 2012 though so it'd be hard to snare either of them from Freo.

Mitch Clark is asking too much and there's no way in hell I'd want him to be our highest payed player.

I have known of this for around 2 weeks now, we have legitimate interest don't be surprised if it occurs and I am not against it as the price will not be outrageous.

He does seem slightly one dimensional but I have always liked the way he goes about it.

He is probably better option to B:cool:lake provided of little cost!

Jonathon Griffen would be a much better prospect, could Freo play Sandilands, Clark and Griffen? Wouldn't think so....Clark and Griffen is contracted for 2012 though so it'd be hard to snare either of them from Freo.

Mitch Clark is asking too much and there's no way in hell I'd want him to be our highest payed player.

I agree but Griffen is dedicated to WA so not an option??:confused:

Massive improvement on Blake lets not group him there. The article suggests he will get long-term contract thats the only thing that concerns me. 2 years would be fair imo with the option of a third based on performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Tigers to trade for a ruckman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back