go team

Premiership Player
Feb 26, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
I was impressed by Wallace's gallant men on Saturday night. Facing a rampaging Essendon, thirsty for blood, the tiges withstood the Bomber charge late in the game, to just hold on!

With about five minutes on the clock, leading by around four goals, after playing some entertaining footy earlier in the game, most teams would probably step on the accelerator and try and get a 6 or 7 goal win. Most sides yes. But not a Wallace side!

Terry's Tiges knew what this game meant. They weren't going to take a chance to let this one slip! Slow the game down they did - frustrate them bombers! After leading the 15th placed side by 4 goals with five minutes to play, the Tiges made SURE they wouldn't lose! Great stuff!

Sure, with Richardson firing, they could of rushed the ball down and probably got him to 10 goals for the night. Played another two or three minutes of attacking footy. Slam on a few more goals. Many would say that it would have been great for the young tiger fans to see. I disagree! I reckon the young Tiger fans learned a valuable lesson about the modern game on Saturday night. They were educated in the art of keepings off, and learned the repercussions of what happens when the opposition doesn't man up. I hope I have a grandson one day, so i can sit him on my knee and tell him about the day I saw the Tigers fine tune their skills of salvaging a game in the dying moments.

Other people may see this as more the result of Essendon players not manning up. Yes, I think, they too added to this spectacle. But they can't take all the credit. See if the bombers players weren't manning up - Richmond could of used these spare players to set up some more attacking footy - perhaps take a risk. I know if I was in that situation - leading the 15th placed team by 4 goals in a game, I'd be tempted to, you know, try and kick a few more goals and put the result of out of question. That's why Terry would never pick me in the draft!

Obviously the Tiges didn't want to risk losing this one - they had so much to play for on Saturday night. It certainly was a memorable finish, to what had been, for the majority a dull example of attacking football. If the tigers play like they did in the dying moments, they are certainly on their way up. But god help them if they play like they did earlier in the night!

go team said:
I was impressed by Wallace's gallant men on Saturday night. Facing a rampaging Essendon, thirsty for blood, the tiges withstood the Bomber charge late in the game, to just hold on!

With about five minutes on the clock, leading by around four goals, after playing some entertaining footy earlier in the game, most teams would probably step on the accelerator and try and get a 6 or 7 goal win. Most sides yes. But not a Wallace side!

Terry's Tiges knew what this game meant. They weren't going to take a chance to let this one slip! Slow the game down they did - frustrate them bombers! After leading the 15th placed side by 4 goals with five minutes to play, the Tiges made SURE they wouldn't lose! Great stuff!

Sure, with Richardson firing, they could of rushed the ball down and probably got him to 10 goals for the night. Played another two or three minutes of attacking footy. Slam on a few more goals. Many would say that it would have been great for the young tiger fans to see. I disagree! I reckon the young Tiger fans learned a valuable lesson about the modern game on Saturday night. They were educated in the art of keepings off, and learned the repercussions of what happens when the opposition doesn't man up. I hope I have a grandson one day, so i can sit him on my knee and tell him about the day I saw the Tigers fine tune their skills of salvaging a game in the dying moments.

Other people may see this as more the result of Essendon players not manning up. Yes, I think, they too added to this spectacle. But they can't take all the credit. See if the bombers players weren't manning up - Richmond could of used these spare players to set up some more attacking footy - perhaps take a risk. I know if I was in that situation - leading the 15th placed team by 4 goals in a game, I'd be tempted to, you know, try and kick a few more goals and put the result of out of question. That's why Terry would never pick me in the draft!

Obviously the Tiges didn't want to risk losing this one - they had so much to play for on Saturday night. It certainly was a memorable finish, to what had been, for the majority a dull example of attacking football. If the tigers play like they did in the dying moments, they are certainly on their way up. But god help them if they play like they did earlier in the night!

9th is important to the Tigers! It s like their right to finish 9th, can you imagine the devastation if you dropped that game and but 9th in jeopardy?

look at the ladder !

last two years in the bottom 4.

The next 2 years in the bottom 4.

Enjoy being a loser , with a dud coach.

Been there done that!

go team said:

Not sure what to quite make out of this. We won the game and have possibly witnessed richos best ever game. We played crap football, we were never headed, we got smashed in the clearances, especially in the centre, essendon played to their fullest potential, and we still came out with the points. Not bad if you ask me. I'm quite comfortable with all that.

Sour grapes perhaps?

Roosurgence said:
9th is important to the Tigers! It s like their right to finish 9th, can you imagine the devastation if you dropped that game and but 9th in jeopardy?

No goals in 78 minutes of football for the roos on the weekend wasnt it? Great effort that.

itsintheblood said:
No goals in 78 minutes of football for the roos on the weekend wasnt it? Great effort that. No wonder poor Jonathan Hay has depression. I wish him all the best by the way.

Does it really matter neither side is going to be playing finals?

I thought even a Richmond supporter could see the funny side of the possibility of finishing 9th again?

Lost your humour since Terry's taken over?

I agree with you, what right has an idiot from Essendon got to bag anyone (except maybe Carlton?)

About Jonno's depression he got that playing for the Dawks, we'll just have to try and fix him like we did to Thommo.

It must be shocking to play in poo and wee colours, shocking to the psyche!

Roosurgence said:
Does it really matter neither side is going to be playing finals?

I thought even a Richmond supporter could see the funny side of the possibility of finishing 9th again?

Lost your humour since Terry's taken over?

I agree with you, what right has an idiot from Essendon got to bag anyone (except maybe Carlton?)

Not bagging you at all but it's just a little hard to understand why so many posters think finishing 9th is such a bad thing. Sure we miss the finals again but after the basket case club wallace inherited 2 years ago, we're heading in the right direction.

As for Essendon, with Hird, fletcher, the johnsons, solomon and even Lloyd to be gone in the next few years, not much left to be excited about. Throw in duds like bradley, bolton, laycock, winderlich, camporeale also and we have a disaster in the making.

itsintheblood said:
Not bagging you at all but it's just a little hard to understand why so many posters think finishing 9th is such a bad thing. Sure we miss the finals again but after the basket case club wallace inherited 2 years ago, we're heading in the right direction.

9th is not bad at all, I think the Tiges have plenty to look forward to. I was just bringing out an old Tigers joke, I know plenty of Tiges fans who see the funny side of it.

No bagging intended, I save that purely for Hawthorn and St Kilda. Essendon and Carlton I just can't be bothered with anymore!

Roosurgence said:
9th is not bad at all, I think the Tiges have plenty to look forward to. I was just bringing out an old Tigers joke, I know plenty of Tiges fans who see the funny side of it.

No bagging intended, I save that purely for Hawthorn and St Kilda. Essendon and Carlton I just can't be bothered with anymore!

Cheers brother!!!:thumbsu:

Roosurgence said:
About Jonno's depression he got that playing for the Dawks, we'll just have to try and fix him like we did to Thommo.

It must be shocking to play in poo and wee colours, shocking to the psyche!

How do you explain Wayne Schwass you ignorant fool.

Lets try not to be so bitter about being shafted 2 first round draft picks.

:) ouch!

dipper86 said:

It took you a while to get here Dawks!

We controlled his depression by giving him a couple of premiership medals, all HAwthorn does is drive players to the point where they want to leave!

Roosurgence said:

only problem is we've heard the joke 100 million times so we automatically get on the defensive once someone trots it out on these boards because 99% of the time its derogatory - this year ninth is a solid effort considering all factors and i await 2007 with a sense of anticipation, while praying not to be disappointed again:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roosurgence said:
It took you a while to get here Dawks!

i pity you, my poor peasant. :)

Roosurgence said:
We controlled his depression by giving him a couple of premiership medals, all HAwthorn does is drive players to the point where they want to leave!

Yep really controlled, ended up leaving the club to join Sydney. Yep you're a winner. :thumbsu:
Obviously those premiership medalion fixed his depression right up.

Hey Roosurgence, Schwass only got one medal at North you ignorant tool.

How about that ? Someone so desperately lacking any knowledge of the game they don't even know their own club's recent history.

You should remember the old saying: Better to be thought of a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

emperor said:
only problem is we've heard the joke 100 million times so we automatically get on the defensive once someone trots it out on these boards because 99% of the time its derogatory - this year ninth is a solid effort considering all factors and i await 2007 with a sense of anticipation, while praying not to be disappointed again:eek:

I like the Tiges, so no bagging intended!

Just watch out for the Dawks they will be coming.

They are under the illusion that the Jonathon Hay deal is their greatest achievement, and guess what they are right!

Thats how pathetic they have been for the last 5 years, hanging their hat on our bungled trade. Good on you Dawks :thumbsu:

Anyway lets judge the deal when Hay retires and what has been produced by the players who you used those picks on!

I'll admit Birchill is off to a start, but lets judge over a few more seasons!

Anyway if I remember rightly you got Danny Jacobs for the pick 6 the Doggies gave Essendon? Gee wouldn't be crowing too much about that one!

dipper86 said:

Trade tracker lists the deal Hay for pick 18. Lonie was included in that deal as well if you remember?

Jacobs pick 6 I think thats a bigger ouch if you are going to use your draft formula!

Roosurgence said:
Trade tracker lists the deal Hay for pick 18. Lonie was included in that deal as well if you remember?!

So what your trying to say is that Lonie was traded for pick 14, cmon you cant be that ignorant. I know the 3 to 4 club trades are a little to complicated for you but lets try not to be so nieve.

Roosurgence said:
Jacobs pick 6 I think thats a bigger ouch if you are going to use your draft formula!

Jacobs had been playing fine apart from injury, Bradley would have been more than likley been picked up at 6 anyway and frankly he isn't setting the world on fire atm, besides the point we didn't use 2 draft picks to get him. What a joke.

Why does that crack you up Roo ? Because I know more about your pathetic excuse for a club than you do ???

North are crap. No money, no members, no players, four flags. The only thing they had going for them was their pride. But after their tanking performance this year, pride's gone also. Who are you going to support in five years ? You can't even sell your home games properly. Tried in Sydney. Failed. Tried in Canberra. Failed.

The last one to leave Arden St needs to turn out the lights and let the club disappear with dignity.

Oh, and by the way, how many premiership medals did Schwass win at Arden St ????

Laurie Bingham said:
Why does that crack you up Roo ? Because I know more about your pathetic excuse for a club than you do ???

North are crap. No money, no members, no players, four flags. The only thing they had going for them was their pride. But after their tanking performance this year, pride's gone also. Who are you going to support in five years ? You can't even sell your home games properly. Tried in Sydney. Failed. Tried in Canberra. Failed.

The last one to leave Arden St needs to turn out the lights and let the club disappear with dignity.

Oh, and by the way, how many premiership medals did Schwass win at Arden St ????

LOL

Its like talking to children. Bring up the old chesnuts or no money, Arden St, Canberra, no memebers!

And we still have managed to outperform your club for the last 5 years!

Good going Dawks! You giants of the AFL!

If I remember correctly weren't you going to merge with Melbourne a few years back? How quickly we forget!!!

Laurie Bingham said:

Its like taking candy from a baby. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Tiges hold on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back