Recommitted Tim English [signs 5 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realise "WC supporters" are different people with different opinions right?

If you can find a post saying I was keen on English please do
Ah cool. So we should mention every single poster by name then.

Or how about... in general West Coast supporters were like the ordinary guy out in a club who wants the girl but when turned down says she wasn't hot and he didn't want her anyway.

Just want to thank all of you list managers involved in getting this done.

Your hard work in reaching such a successful outcome for all has been appreciated.

Onward and upward to your next targets!

I'm sure you'll all do an equally great job next time :)

it is suprising FA still signing on this late in the year, normally they packed their bags. maybe saints still have a glimmer in keeping battle.
From the outside looking in, Tim never really entertained leaving and wanted a better and longer contract offer from us. We seem to have stuck to the terms we set (more or less) and eventually he had to accept if he wanted to stay.

All the West Coast supporters acting "relieved" when it wasn't long ago they were discussing ways to fleece us

It’s pretty funny and every supporter base does it. Linked to elite player, get excited about said player, miss out on player, act relieved and list all the reasons “it was always a bad idea”.

We’ve done it with Barass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise "WC supporters" are different people with different opinions right?

If you can find a post saying I was keen on English please do

I was keen on English
Look There GIF by Sesame Street

They have to appear to be happy after months of telling us about how English would make a big difference to their crap ruck stocks and how they were getting him for free.

Now they're happy they didn't get him

View attachment 2079776

There was general agreement he was improvement on what we had last season and beginning of this season, especially if for a free hit this season.

You only have to read our board to see that as the season went on very few were enthusiastic about it.

Anyone got the financials? Doggies fans saying $800k p.a. which is a steal when a spud like Jade Gresham is on $650k and Josh Battle’s next deal starts with a 9.

Anyone got the financials? Doggies fans saying $800k p.a. which is a steal when a spud like Jade Gresham is on $650k and Josh Battle’s next deal starts with a 9.
5x800 is what I've heard, that was our offer months ago and it seems we stuck to it even tho he was asking for +1 year and more money.

This doesn't make sense - he was a free agent. Our current currency is our cap space, hence it would have been a free hit for us to see if it worked out.
It would be the AFL fleecing you if anyone was.
You can fleece an opposition team in free agency by putting large chunks of a contract behind really easy to pass performance clauses and incentives, because free agency compensation is only based on guaranteed contract size.

It screwed over the Crows with Brad Crouch's free agency deal because of his recent drug issues and early injury problems.

Last edited:
You can fleece an opposition team in free agency by putting large chunks of a contract behind really easy to pass performance clauses and incentives, because free agency compensation is only based on guaranteed contract size.

It screwed over the Crows with Brad Crouch's free agency deal because of his recent drug issues and early injury problems.

No I understand - but as I wrote out currency right now is our cap space.
We wouldn't need to. We have a very small group of players in the 23 - 28 age range whilst well paid veterans continue to retire.

We have big money to throw at some free agents AND I dare say some talented youngsters are going to be well paid beyond what they normally would get.

Ah cool. So we should mention every single poster by name then.

Or how about... in general West Coast supporters were like the ordinary guy out in a club who wants the girl but when turned down says she wasn't hot and he didn't want her anyway.

Lol.

Whatever fantasy floats your boat.

Let's just say Eagles supporters keen on English were most definately in the minority. And only as a FA.

I was in the minority that feels he could have made a difference straight away. Again as a FA costing no picks. And a majority of Eagles posters disagreed with my view.

If you read through here and the Eagles thread that is very clear.

But carry on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Tim English [signs 5 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back