Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, the classic BigFooty rhetoric. Let me guess, if we don't take the 2nd round pick they will pick him up for free in the pre-season draft? A ripsnorter. :drunk:

Let's see, if Freo is left standing your dealings will be a lot different this year. Hope you can re-sign him else it'll be a lot of ripsnorting exchanges come trade period..

Why wouldn't the cats chase a player and a pick for Kelly?

I hate to acknowledge it, but they are in contention mode and would surely want to replace Kelly with a player that could contribute sooner rather than later.

I'd be shocked if the cats aren't having discussions with managers to see if any blokes from Victoria would be interested in coming. Shuey? Brayshaw? Cerra?

Credit to Wells for denying that lowball offer and holding onto Kelly for at least one more year. Two picks in the 20s and one in the 30s? That's a disastrous offer - I wonder what Kelly thinks of West Coast after they failed to properly rate him for seven years running now...

Excuse me, please get your facts at least close to the truth. “West Coast after they failed to properly rate him for seven years running”.

Please check out his WAFL record, one very good season, before that, very average.

Excuse me, please get your facts at least close to the truth. “West Coast after they failed to properly rate him for seven years running”.

Please check out his WAFL record, one very good season, before that, very average.
You rarely draft kids who are already dominating senior level - it's why each club's recruiters get paid the big $$$. They've got to identify room for growth and potential. Thankfully we've got S.Wells who recognised Kelly's potential and now we're reaping the benefits. Up Wellsy!

You rarely draft kids who are already dominating senior level - it's why each club's recruiters get paid the big $$$. They've got to identify room for growth and potential. Thankfully we've got S.Wells who recognised Kelly's potential and now we're reaping the benefits. Up Wellsy!

No disrespect to Wells, but you are trying to re-write history.

Prior to the 2017 season, Kelly was ordinary in the WAFL. In 2017 he had a ripper season, and all 18 AFL clubs were aware of it and talked to him.

Geelong drafted him, but he was hot property.

I’m starting to think that he will re-sign with Geelong.

But, but but, Scotland thinks otherwise so it must be wrong...

But but but some journalist says otherwise!

Basing your argument on what some journo writes is clutching at straws.

Thankfully Kelly's tagger today reminded us that he isnt the second coming and just a decent footballer who has limitations like a lot of other decent footballers.

But next week he will play a good game and you and others can jump on your soap box and ask for three firsts.

LOL!

His kicking is much better this year than last. He’s now a very good kick. Probably not elite but it’s no longer a weakness.

From what Ive seen his kicking is fine, especially fresh early in games and with a bit of space. Every now and again he fluffs one or under pressure but I havent seen him butcher it over and over.

Thankfully Kelly's tagger today reminded us that he isnt the second coming and just a decent footballer who has limitations like a lot of other decent footballers.

But next week he will play a good game and you and others can jump on your soap box and ask for three firsts.

LOL!

Imma let you finish but Yeo plus our first pick is a fair deal.

Freo will offer him significantly more cashola than WCE. Lad can set himself up for life. He'd still get good money from WCE but his manager will have a clear outlook. Better money and better trade assets from Freo.

Good chance this has much to do with his recent change of heart about which WA club he was willing to play for. I can't see WCE offering a better deal, so he has to consider, if he wants to go through the same dramas again next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No disrespect to Wells, but you are trying to re-write history.

Prior to the 2017 season, Kelly was ordinary in the WAFL. In 2017 he had a ripper season, and all 18 AFL clubs were aware of it and talked to him.

Geelong drafted him, but he was hot property.

I’m starting to think that he will re-sign with Geelong.
Lol what. He starred on in the 2016 finals and was clear he had a lot of talent

Freo will offer him significantly more cashola than WCE. Lad can set himself up for life. He'd still get good money from WCE but his manager will have a clear outlook. Better money and better trade assets from Freo.

Good chance this has much to do with his recent change of heart about which WA club he was willing to play for. I can't see WCE offering a better deal, so he has to consider, if he wants to go through the same dramas again next year.

Freo may be able to offer more coin, $200k. So the decision is play for the side you don't actually want to and not bother so much about winning a flag.

You should understand this more than most.

Why is Collingwood a destination club?

Why did De Goey knock back serious coin to stay?

LOL!
Kelly did nothing for 3 quarters but then completely dominated in the last. Good players still rise to the occasion even on a bad day. You're an idiot if you think he played poorly last night.

Kelly did nothing for 3 quarters but then completely dominated in the last. Good players still rise to the occasion even on a bad day. You're an idiot if you think he played poorly last night.

Was his game as good as other weeks? No.

Did he cop a tag that restricted his influence? Yes.

I didnt watch the game hence asking in the game day thread why his stats were so low compared to previous weeks. Injured or tagged. He was tagged.

In your own words he had a bad day but didnt play poorly. :think:

Its ok mate. He's only human and even good players can get tagged out of the game. No need to get so defensive.

I didnt watch the game hence asking in the game day thread why his stats were so low compared to previous weeks. Injured or tagged. He was tagged.

Its ok mate. He's only human and even good players can get tagged out of the game. No need to get so defensive.

Haha, the moment you question the worth or his effort etc the reply post will carry some abuse directed at the poster. Theme of this thread so far, I get the emotion around Kelly but it's funny how quickly the discussion goes off the rails, into trading insults again and again.

Didn't play well first 3 quarters. He was the reason we broke away in the last though. As a whole our midfield was well beaten until the last quarter when Kelly stepped it up

10 clearances (5 more than any other Geelong player) and 8 inside 50's is still a pretty decent day when it's all said and done.

Would have thought Duncan was really the only Geelong midfielder yesterday you could say had a real good day, and that shows how well the team is going if they still end up winning by 5 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back