Tim Kelly - Requests Trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point me out any info that suggests the cats are not looking after him. My point is, both you and I have no clue what’s happening. Do you really think the cats have tossed him to the side? If we ho,d onto him for next year the cats will be doing all they can to chance his mind about returning to th West the year after. As fruitless as that may be! By getting him off side that would be silly. About as silly as your original statement..
Didn't his wife make several posts saying that she doesn't think the cats are looking after them?

I actually can't recall any mid to high profile players the cats have lost in recent years (Ablett only one). They seem to be a club that are very good at accepting players that want to return to the Bellarine/surf coast but when the shoes on the other foot they don't handle it well! Recalling when Ablett left they carried on like pork chops and some supporters upon his return vowed to never cheer him for leaving in the first place. Reeks of immature, hypocritical behaviour that seems to be right through their club and into their supporters.

Have you been to Geelong? It's the mouthbreather capital of Australia

Cat fight on GFC T Kelly thread yesterday
Strange Cat ($1.45) vs Catman2006($1.95)
Like Catman2006 - GFC most sensible poster;)
Really ? Stangecat had a very sensible post yesterday about how they got danger and ablett for unders . I liked that post but no geelong poster did . Give me a fiddy on strangecat

I guess the small fact that he's interested in leaving is one bit of evidence that his complicated situation is not being addressed as well as it could.

He has openly said he loves GFC, and if it was in Perth he'd be all set. Truth is, managing a family across a continent is not easy work to support. So whilst GFC might be doing a bit to support him in other ways, the indication is that it's not the support he feels his family desperately needs.

AFLPA will be justifiably very interested in how Kelly goes. They already have player welfare at the top of the list of priorities. And AFL seem - in general - to be a little behind other workplaces in terms of accommodating changing family situations re flexible work. Truth is that support of family and family support are significant IR issues, and the conversation is pretty underdeveloped at an AFL level. Truth is, whilst contracts are contracts there are also obligations for employers to offer flexibility for things like family within reason as well, and this is always an ongoing discussion.

I wonder if your club would be open to further supporting him in a flexible working arrangement, salary sacrifice more time at home / discounted flights for family.

WCE are making huge concerted efforts to be a club that supports players and other staff in relation to their familial needs (perhaps unlike some less desirable clubs in the comp...). I'd suggest that doesn't go unnoticed when players are looking to move.

I know this is something that geelong have prided themselves on in the past, and a win supporting Kelly in 2019 would go a long way to reinforcing that. Pity we haven't heard anything about it from your club during the trade negotiations, as that'd support the idea that he's a) required for 2019 and b) that the club is willing to address the Kelly family's concerns. You're right that it's probably stuff that the public isn't aware of and doesn't need to be though. But this hardline negotiating stance that GFC have taken makes it seem more like a club that's resigned to losing a player and hoping to maximise value, than a club that thinks they can keep him on and better support him.

Hang in a sec, all the cats have done is put a price on the trade value. If the WCE want TK you have to come to the party and negotiate a deal. I’m sure both clubs know the real value of TK and are working towards that. I would also suggest TK knows exactly where the negotiations are at. The club does not have to provide on going commentary of where these negotiations are at. The rest is just utter rubbish being spoken about by everyone else, including a lot of this board.

Your supporters, along with a lot of Geel supporters are talking trash for no reason. Both club recruiters are smarter than you and I when it comes to trades.

Hang in a sec, all the cats have done is put a price on the trade value. If the WCE want TK you have to come to the party and negotiate a deal. I’m sure both clubs know the real value of TK and are working towards that. I would also suggest TK knows exactly where the negotiations are at. The club does not have to provide on going commentary of where these negotiations are at. The rest is just utter rubbish being spoken about by everyone else, including a lot of this board.

Your supporters, along with a lot of Geel supporters are talking trash for no reason. Both club recruiters are smarter than you and I when it comes to trades.

Totally agree, I have no doubt the deal will get done and both clubs will be happy.

I just said "You're right that it's probably stuff that the public isn't aware of and doesn't need to be though".

If I'm talking trash, let me know where?

Geelong have been bending over clubs for quite a while when it comes to trades. Now it's geelong's turn to take it.. and they ain't liking it. What goes around, comes around I guess.

Geelong have been bending over clubs for quite a while when it comes to trades. Now it's geelong's turn to take it.. and they ain't liking it. What goes around, comes around I guess.

Not really Geelongs fault AFL house gifted them Dangerfield and then Ablett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really Geelongs fault AFL house gifted them Dangerfield and then Ablett.

Geelong got those players to agree using the old 'go home factor' - regardless of the mechanism, they did not pay fair value. Can even throw SCott Selwood into the mix. This kelly situation will now go against them. WCE and Freo should be bargaining hard, and rightly so. Geelong won't want to get into the habit of forcing players to stay when there are genuine family concerns.

Geelong got those players to agree using the old 'go home factor' - regardless of the mechanism, they did not pay fair value. Can even throw SCott Selwood into the mix. This kelly situation will now go against them. WCE and Freo should be bargaining hard, and rightly so. Geelong won't want to get into the habit of forcing players to stay when there are genuine family concerns.

The Dangerfield situation was the AFL not giving fair compensation to Adelaide.
The Ablett one was a joke and the AFL should of made it difficult for him, but they liked the feel good story more than what was the right thing to do.
Geelong were just the destination, they didn’t decide the compo.

Geelong compensated Gold Coast fairly by giving up pick 19.

(Of course they got 24 back so it was only a slight downgrade, but that doesn't count for some reason).
Ironic Geelong drafted Kelly with pick 24. We absolutely pantsed Gold Coast in last year's trade period but they trolled us by giving Geelong the pick used to pluck Kelly from compleat obscurity. Campaigners.

Ironic Geelong drafted Kelly with pick 24. We absolutely pantsed Gold Coast in last year's trade period but they trolled us by giving Geelong the pick used to pluck Kelly from compleat obscurity. Campaigners.
Complete obscurity ? Or are you joking ?

Totally agree, I have no doubt the deal will get done and both clubs will be happy.

Agree with these two gentlemen above.

Posted really early on the main board on the Kelly trade that it will / would get done due to the two very professional Clubs that both have a reputation for fair trading.

The sideshow predictably was always going to be the two respective sets of fans as there was certainly going to be a fracas in the sandpit as to which kid gets to play with which Tonka Toys.
Lots of shouting, some screaming lots of name calling and even some sand being hurled at each other and the odd occasional spitting incident.

Meanwhile in the staff room the adults ..... Wells and Rawlings ..... are engaged in a cordial, meaningful and progressive conversation about the merits and value of the Tonka Toy and how to get it sorted while those in the room involved in the discussions sip of their respective cappuccino and latte.

To those juveniles still altercating in the sandpit, Wells and Rawlings would like to send a polite message ............ Patience....... grasshoppers....... Patience ;)

Last edited:

Posted really early on the main board on the Kelly trade that it will / would get done due to the two very professional Clubs that both have a reputation for fair trading.

The sideshow predictably was always going to be the two respective sets of fans as there was certainly going to be a fracas in the sandpit as to which kid gets to play with which Tonka Toys.
Lots of shouting, some screaming lots of name calling and even some sand being hurled at each other and the odd occasional spitting incident.

Meanwhile in the staff room the adults ..... Wells and Rawlings ..... are engaged in a cordial, meaningful and progressive conversation about the merits and vale of the Tonka Toy and how to get it sorted while those in the room involved in the discussions sip of their respective cappuccino and latte.

To those juveniles still altercating in the sandpit, Wells and Rawlings would like to send a polite message ............ Patients....... grasshoppers....... Patients. ;)
Are Wells and Rawlings doctors?

Meanwhile in the staff room the adults ..... Wells and Rawlings ..... are engaged in a cordial, meaningful and progressive conversation about the merits and vale of the Tonka Toy and how to get it sorted while those in the room involved in the discussions sip of their respective cappuccino and latte.

To those juveniles still altercating in the sandpit, Wells and Rawlings would like to send a polite message ............ Patients....... grasshoppers....... Patients. ;)

Yes best to show some patience lest you become a patient in a padded cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back