Time to get something clear...

Remove this Banner Ad

Others i'm sure have happened in Aussie Rules such as Fitzroy. Back in that day it was easier to keep a team when there wasn't millions of dollars in the game but now days it will be much harder.

Sure, because when there is more money that the ruling body has, it makes it harder to bail out teams in debt. You are a dead set fool.

Deep down we all know Mickdog is right. We just dont want to admit it and we dont want it to be our club that merges or moves.
It's gunna happen.
This TV money aint gonna keep coming in forever, and the sickest clubs at the time of that money not being there will die.
I guarantee you that there will be less clubs in 10-20 yrs.

Exactly mate. This thread was about what option each club would prefer to take. Not what it has turned into. I'm sure few supporters want to look in that direction but maybe its a good idea to start looking because it is going to happen.

Owned by you? LMFAO. If you think you have convinced anyone with your stupid arguments for having a second team in Sydney well Im going to have to Darryl Kerrigan you and tell you that "You're dreamin'"

LMFAO you think that anyone here really believes that a West Sydney team won't happen. Deadset there you go again with another stupid statement.

Are you some kind of super bogan? How many times do you want to be owned?

Deadset mate you really are trying, i'll give you that. Too bad you are failing:p

And such an impartial judge, too :p

Suburban grounds are, with the exception of Moorabbin, all in Melbourne's inner suburbs. It's not going to be much harder driving to Punt Road than to Lexus Center / Gosch's Paddock no matter where you live in Melbourne.

Personal insults are a substitute for counter argument.

The North Sydney Bears still exist, playing in the NSWRL. So do the Jets. Infact they play each other in a fortnight or so. Fitzroy play in the VAFA. "Back in the day" was within the lifetimes of a large amount of people on this board. Also well done for ignoring my point, which was that you seriously believe Melburnians should give up and accept a relocation of their team rather than attempt to fight it, despite all the successful examples I mentioned.

American sport makes a lot of money, and frequently sees moves of traditional teams. I would think that as someone who adheres to the belief that it is best to make money at the expense of tradition you would wish to take some salutary examples from a country whose sporting leagues do so.

I think that covers everything.

Sure, because when there is more money that the ruling body has, it makes it harder to bail out teams in debt. You are a dead set fool.

You really are stupid and I really find it somewhat poor to be selective when quoting. This has been explained.

Like I said, the AFL want teams in Gold Coast and Western Sydney. They control where the money go's. You think that they will continue to help a struggling club when they want them to move to another area? Of course they won't unless you move.

Deadset its like i'm trying to educate simpletons

And such an impartial judge, too :p

Suburban grounds are, with the exception of Moorabbin, all in Melbourne's inner suburbs. It's not going to be much harder driving to Punt Road than to Lexus Center / Gosch's Paddock no matter where you live in Melbourne.

Personal insults are a substitute for counter argument.

The North Sydney Bears still exist, playing in the NSWRL. So do the Jets. Infact they play each other in a fortnight or so. Fitzroy play in the VAFA. "Back in the day" was within the lifetimes of a large amount of people on this board. Also well done for ignoring my point, which was that you seriously believe Melburnians should give up and accept a relocation of their team rather than attempt to fight it.

American sport makes a lot of money. I would think that as someone who adheres to the belief that it is best to make money at the expense of tradition you would wish to take some salutary examples from a country whose sporting leagues do so.

I think that covers everything.

So your saying that Melbourne players won't live closer to there training grounds. Please base that on player living accomidation or once again you fail the argument. You have nothing.

Personal insults are funny. Enjoy them. :p

The Bears and Jets exist in a second tier comp like the Bulldogs or Kangas will do if they choose not to merge or move.

EPL clubs make more money as do some other teams throughout Europe. Do you think we should model our games on them?
For me its a no, examples are good but the way the NFL and EPL are run are very, very different to the AFL.

As I say. The AFL wanted the Fitzroy Bulldogs and Melbourne Hawks mergers too, and didn't get them.

We have seen more than a decade of this underhanded action from the AFL and it has earned them a severe distrust among those who remember; it will risk the alienation of tens of thousands of supporters if it acts in the draconian manner you simplify this situation to. Otherwise, don't you think this would be all over already?

Now, your latest arguments.

1) Hawthorn first-year players from interstate have boarded for more than a decade in Glen Waverley in the outer south-eastern suburbs. Glenferrie Road is in the inner north-eastern suburbs. While Waverley Park is much closer, it would be unfortunate to suggest they found it easier to move headquarters than to move boarding arrangements.

2) I decline to dignify that with a response.

3) And that is preferable to moving or relocation. I will put my hand up and say I would prefer Collingwood drop to the VFL than move or relocate.

4) I believe the AFL is fine as it is. Hence why I believe more mergers and relocations are unnecessary.

As I say. The AFL wanted the Fitzroy Bulldogs and Melbourne Hawks mergers too, and didn't get them.

We have seen more than a decade of this underhanded action from the AFL and it has earned them a severe distrust among those who remember; it will risk the alienation of tens of thousands of supporters if it acts in the draconian manner you simplify this situation to. Otherwise, don't you think this would be all over already?

They simply aren't pushing very hard. Its what the fans are against. Of course given time the Kangas will probabely say yes to a move. Simply because the AFL could cut there funding or even just put a small limit on it. It was almost done recently. 3 years and they should have had enough of the pressure (all behind closed doors) and move.

Of course I would prefer the clubs stay where they are. They could start up a new frachise in West Sydney and I could have a team to be proud of. That may mean that some Melbourne clubs would die. But who am I to care. As long as I have my club:p

Good pick up, so he is a newbie bandwagoner supporter, who knows nothing about tradition & the pain of following a club through the bad years. :thumbsu:

grow up, you and that north melbourne idiot....what you're saying basically is that new afl fans are not wanted or welcomed, that only fans of the game 50 years ago, or some time in the past, are allowed to support footy now, what a crock...the game IS national, so shuddup and deal with it...i've been a swans fan for years, a footy fan for longer, and being a former NSW resident now living in melbourne, i get that garbage from 50 per cent of footy fans, accusing me of rugby league-related ignorance and all that crud, and the most amusing is when it comes from victorian team fans....stick with your vfl if that's what you want, but that roos fan in darwin's gonna be hard up for something to watch....
it's not perfect, there's all kindsa idiots running it, but it's the A-F-L, it's the best national sport we have and GO YOU SWANNIES

You really are stupid and I really find it somewhat poor to be selective when quoting. This has been explained.

Like I said, the AFL want teams in Gold Coast and Western Sydney. They control where the money go's. You think that they will continue to help a struggling club when they want them to move to another area? Of course they won't unless you move.

Is that what your university lecturer tells you all the time?

grow up, you and that north melbourne idiot....what you're saying basically is that new afl fans are not wanted or welcomed, that only fans of the game 50 years ago, or some time in the past, are allowed to support footy now, what a crock...the game IS national, so shuddup and deal with it...i've been a swans fan for years, a footy fan for longer, and being a former NSW resident now living in melbourne, i get that garbage from 50 per cent of footy fans, accusing me of rugby league-related ignorance and all that crud, and the most amusing is when it comes from victorian team fans....stick with your vfl if that's what you want, but that roos fan in darwin's gonna be hard up for something to watch....
it's not perfect, there's all kindsa idiots running it, but it's the A-F-L, it's the best national sport we have and GO YOU SWANNIES

You are seriously suggesting an AFL team relocate to Darwin?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now, your latest arguments.

1) Hawthorn first-year players from interstate have boarded for more than a decade in Glen Waverley in the outer south-eastern suburbs. Glenferrie Road is in the inner north-eastern suburbs. While Waverley Park is much closer, it would be unfortunate to suggest they found it easier to move headquarters than to move boarding arrangements.

2) I decline to dignify that with a response.

3) And that is preferable to moving or relocation. I will put my hand up and say I would prefer Collingwood drop to the VFL than move or relocate.

4) I believe the AFL is fine as it is. Hence why I believe more mergers and relocations are unnecessary.

LMFAO, OK lets see if the Bulldogs and Kangas fans enjoy playing in the VFL not the AFL. Would be no time before they lost almost all of there support. But it would help the game by bringing in new teams in areas that are currently being neglected.

It simply is not fine as it is. Change is neccessary for growth and survival.

You are seriously suggesting an AFL team relocate to Darwin?

no, not at all, i was saying that the darwin-based roos fan would struggle to watch his beloved "north melbourne" if the vic fans got their way and went back to the vfl.....but i'm sorry i joined in on this thread, i disagree with a whole lot of what my fellow swans fan, mick, seems to be saying....i'm outa here

Like talking to like then...wheres your problem? I think it might be the fact that it's more like a simpleton trying trying to turn everything into nice black/white shades so he can understand (apparently failing though) it. :D

no, not at all, i was saying that the darwin-based roos fan would struggle to watch his beloved "north melbourne" if the vic fans got their way and went back to the vfl.....but i'm sorry i joined in on this thread, i disagree with a whole lot of what my fellow swans fan, mick, seems to be saying....i'm outa here

If we moved to the Gold Coast then i couldnt see them either. Is someone a little touchy because we gave you a touch up last saturday.

LOL at you taking that post seriously.

You really are a dumb shit.

I should have known another Roo supporter wouldnt turn his back on me.

I have no problem with new supporters of footy clubs. But i have a problem with morons who think they can jump on a team and tell everyone else how the league should be run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to get something clear...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back