Time to get something clear...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mickdog
BigFooty Member

Club: Sydney

May 2007

We al love our clubs and would hate to see them die, so why don't fans of clubs that are likely to move or merge (any Vic club other then Collingwood and Essendon currently) support the idea and try to push there club to another level, a better support base and even majot success?

April 2007

As for why I can't support the Swans. Basically since I was a little kid I thought they were gay. Hated the sport and the Swans always seemed to be the worst example of that sport (at least the closest). I will support them in a way and cheer them to win, but I will never feel much for them. I just don't feel like they are Sydney Swans, they seem to be an ex Melbourne team that didn't work and ended up here. If Sydney had another team that wasn't an ex Melbourne team they would be a Sydney team. I would think of them differently. I would accept them as my team. I just can't do that with the Swans.

Piss off ****er.

....the AFL is the Australian football league and no longer the Victorian football league. Therefor to ignore the other areas in Australia is against what the game stands for. Against every part of the game growing nationally.
All you Vic fans cingrats on supporting footy for so long and sticking by your clubs but to have a national comp then you must have teams focussed in all areas of Australia. That means move, merge or fold for there isn't going to be enough money to keep 10 teams in one part of Australia and only 6 teams outside that small area.
We al love our clubs and would hate to see them die, so why don't fans of clubs that are likely to move or merge (any Vic club other then Collingwood and Essendon currently) support the idea and try to push there club to another level, a better support base and even majot success?

Why can't people get over the idea and just understand that clubs will relocate, merge or die. Its only a matter of time. The game is not the same as it was years ago. Now its controlled by money and money isn't centred in Victoria. Its more available Australia wide.
If I supported the Kangas or Bulldogs I would support a move that could see my club become very successful. I would still get to see many games living in Victoria. I would get to see my club at its best. With record support. Why not jump on the idea?

Weather you like it or not it could be your club that has to move, merge or fold. What would you pick if you had 1 of those three options?

P.S. If you answer the question about move, merge or fold then they are the only answers. Thias thread isn't about why your club will be great if only this or that blah blah blah. Its a simple question.

you idiot

There should be more teams not less.

The AFL is a brand making a squillion dollars utilising 16 Clubs. There is no need for any club to fold, merge, relocate.

The AFL has plenty of money and can prop up clubs forever. Why shouldnt the whole brand be kept as is.

Make new clubs or upgrade exisiting ones to add teams in the target areas.

You have been an AFL supporter for 5 minutes. What would you know what the game stands for.

Thank God your not.

I have seen my club successful and we did it playing in Melbourne.

Fold: The clubs gone forever
Merge: The clubs gone forever
Relocate: The clubs gone forever and will only be brought up when it suits the new team.

You know what I find hypocritical Mickdog, is that on another thread on the Sydney Swans message board you said that you thought that bringing up South Melbourne after the 2005 Grand Final was wrong, yet you expect Kangaroos and Bulldogs supporters to support their club if they relocated but you dont agree with the old club and its supporters being acknowledged.

It simply is the words. The Sydney Swans are called the Sydney Swans not South Melbourne anymore. Just like the Knagaroos will be the Gold Coast Kagaroos. The Western Bulldogs will be the Western Sydney Bulldogs. Call them by there name. Simple as that:rolleyes:

LMFAO so many North Melbourne people are angry at me and I didn't even talk about there club. Guess they know what I say is the truth and there club is as good as gone if they don't relocate. I congratulate the AFL for pushing this pathetic little club into a position where they have no other option. They will be on the GC in a matter of years. Can't wait.

By the way when they do move I will be here to let all you guys know alright:thumbsu: :p

There should be more teams not less.

The AFL is a brand making a squillion dollars utilising 16 Clubs. There is no need for any club to fold, merge, relocate.

The AFL has plenty of money and can prop up clubs forever. Why shouldnt the whole brand be kept as is.

Make new clubs or upgrade exisiting ones to add teams in the target areas.
I don’t know if that is correct but my gut says it is and my head sure as hell says it should be explored. If we added a team in NSW, Qld, WA and SA the balance would be better addressed. If we then allowed clubs to control their revenue more and increased the dividend payment ratio we might get all (20) clubs making money.

Just on the initial poster though, I can best sum him up be saying when you fail to distinguish the game from the competition you are struggling from the start. Unfortunately for the genuine Sydney fans he just smacks of the stereotypical Swans supporter that thinks the code is called AFL and Richmond have always been a joke.

Truth is, the other Australian clubs aren't proving how viable they are either.

Lions making 1 mill losses. Port making losses, Sydney would be too without the handouts.

What was he saying again?

The stadium deal for Brisbane is woefull, I think this will improve
shortly

LMFAO so many North Melbourne people are angry at me and I didn't even talk about there club. Guess they know what I say is the truth and there club is as good as gone if they don't relocate. I congratulate the AFL for pushing this pathetic little club into a position where they have no other option. They will be on the GC in a matter of years. Can't wait.

By the way when they do move I will be here to let all you guys know alright:thumbsu: :p

Mate, I am not even a big AFL supporter, and I can see that you are deluded.

It doesn't matter what Football code, the bottom line is that if your team merges, folds or relocates, it is not the same team, ie it is dead.

If there is to be expansion (all here are saying 2 teams), then start up 2 new ones. That means that there is an extra game to sell each week, and no one dies.

If I was a Kangaroos supporter, I would be telling those that are peddling this line to jam it.

I don’t know if that is correct but my gut says it is and my head sure as hell says it should be explored. If we added a team in NSW, Qld, WA and SA the balance would be better addressed. If we then allowed clubs to control their revenue more and increased the dividend payment ratio we might get all (20) clubs making money.

Just on the initial poster though, I can best sum him up be saying when you fail to distinguish the game from the competition you are struggling from the start. Unfortunately for the genuine Sydney fans he just smacks of the stereotypical Swans supporter that thinks the code is called AFL and Richmond have always been a joke.

The game is now called AFL not Aussie Rules mate. Look it up and you will find out that it has been changed. But i'm sure you already new that:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game is now called AFL not Aussie Rules mate. Look it up and you will find out that it has been changed. But i'm sure you already new that:rolleyes:

No, the sport is called Australian Rules Football. The league is called the AFL.

If I supported the Kangas or Bulldogs I would support a move that could see my club become very successful. I would still get to see many games living in Victoria. I would get to see my club at its best. With record support. Why not jump on the idea?

LMFAO so many North Melbourne people are angry at me and I didn't even talk about there club.

You did idiot. Do you even read what you are writing?

These threads, while not as common as threads on Judd moving back to melbourne are becoming pretty common.

I think the main problem is the fact that the AFL was teams to relocate and, for want of a better word, not have blood on their hands or at least minimise it.

The AFL should come out with a clear policy on its ideal competition structure and how it intends to transition the competition to such a structure.

After such a long period of beating around the bush, the AFL finally came out with an and said that it wants a team on the Gold Coast after the Kangaroos three-year deal expires which I think is in 2010.

Are you going to be faced with the same bullshit when it wants to relocate a team to NSW?

When the AFL needed to get rid of a team in 1996 for Port's entrance, ulitmately the weakest Victorian team went (Fitzroy). Now that it wants a team on the Gold Coast, it is targetting the current weakest Victorian side in the Kangaroos. It seems logical to conclude that when the second NSW team is being pushed the weakest Victorian team at the time will be targeted.

If it is the AFL's agenda to relocate the weakest Victorian club in this manner, why doesn't come out with it upfront? Instead we get all these half-truths and innuendo. The losers are the genuine supporters who go through a roller coaster ride and hoping against hope it want be them and then being ultimately disappointed.

It is clear to most that 9 metro clubs in Victoria just can't last. In today's world it is also clear that the weakest will give way. You almost wish the the AFL would bite the bullett, reorganise the competition for next season so that all this crap we keep hearing about can stop.

....the AFL is the Australian football league and no longer the Victorian football league. Therefor to ignore the other areas in Australia is against what the game stands for. Against every part of the game growing nationally.
All you Vic fans cingrats on supporting footy for so long and sticking by your clubs but to have a national comp then you must have teams focussed in all areas of Australia. That means move, merge or fold for there isn't going to be enough money to keep 10 teams in one part of Australia and only 6 teams outside that small area.

Why can't people get over the idea and just understand that clubs will relocate, merge or die. Its only a matter of time. The game is not the same as it was years ago. Now its controlled by money and money isn't centred in Victoria. Its more available Australia wide.

Weather you like it or not it could be your club that has to move, merge or fold. What would you pick if you had 1 of those three options?

P.S. If you answer the question about move, merge or fold then they are the only answers. Thias thread isn't about why your club will be great if only this or that blah blah blah. Its a simple question.

being a supporter of the most sucessful club in history imo, i dont think i will ever have to worry about that

teh kid might be onto something...

a super league, couple vic clubs & 1 in each other state/territory, quadruple the salary cap & expand the lists

certainly solve the biased draw issues,

so what if most fans will be gutted, the games mostly about money these days, no?

These threads, while not as common as threads on Judd moving back to melbourne are becoming pretty common.

I think the main problem is the fact that the AFL was teams to relocate and, for want of a better word, not have blood on their hands or at least minimise it.

The AFL should come out with a clear policy on its ideal competition structure and how it intends to transition the competition to such a structure.

After such a long period of beating around the bush, the AFL finally came out with an and said that it wants a team on the Gold Coast after the Kangaroos three-year deal expires which I think is in 2010.

Are you going to be faced with the same bullshit when it wants to relocate a team to NSW?

When the AFL needed to get rid of a team in 1996 for Port's entrance, ulitmately the weakest Victorian team went (Fitzroy). Now that it wants a team on the Gold Coast, it is targetting the current weakest Victorian side in the Kangaroos. It seems logical to conclude that when the second NSW team is being pushed the weakest Victorian team at the time will be targeted.

If it is the AFL's agenda to relocate the weakest Victorian club in this manner, why doesn't come out with it upfront? Instead we get all these half-truths and innuendo. The losers are the genuine supporters who go through a roller coaster ride and hoping against hope it want be them and then being ultimately disappointed.

It is clear to most that 9 metro clubs in Victoria just can't last. In today's world it is also clear that the weakest will give way. You almost wish the the AFL would bite the bullett, reorganise the competition for next season so that all this crap we keep hearing about can stop.

Top Post :thumbsu:

Step One: Remove the Competitive Balance Fund

Step Two: Provide a fair draw which narrows the gap between clubs in the exposure they receive on TV etc...

Step Three: Clubs that cannot run a profitible organisation are then forced into new and developing markets that can grow the game nationally.

Long term if the AFL is to compete with the A-league and Rugby it needs a game every week in NSW & QLD. Why wait another three years?

Lions making 1 mill losses.

The Brisbane Lions are debt free and have $5.6 million in assets. The Lions made a $1.45 million profit in 2005, after consecutive million dollar profits in 2002-2004, but a $994,419 loss in 2006.

The loss this year can be partly explained by:
a) drop in average crowds at the Gabba from 33,101 to 28,200. 28,200 is still the fourth highest average crowd in Lions history. Average crowds at the Gabba in 2006 were still higher than in 2001-2002.
b) higher match day costs with playing at the Gabba
c) Lions’ funding free public transport for Gabba patrons
d) record injury payments and rookie upgrades. AFL funding for games is restricted to 82 games. The Lions paid the balance of injury payments for lost games. This totalled 200 in 2006.
e) Fall in membership. The Lions membership fell from 30,027 in 2005 to 26,459 in 2006. However the Lions' 2006 membership was still the third highest annual membership amount in the history of the club, and was higher this year than in any of our premiership years.

There's no need to be too concerned at this stage. The Lions have a considerable amount of assets to absorb further losses (if any). Vodafone's $5.4 million sponsorship over the next three years and a reduced injury list for 2007 and beyond will hopefully improve the Lions balance sheet suffered in 2006. Apparently another loss has been forecast, but won't be as large as 2005.

The club's board made it very clear they were squirrelling away funds to cope with a possible short term down-turn in funds, once the retirements of premiership players started to occur and on-field performances dropped away. What is happening to the Lions at the moment was foreseen by Matthews and the Lions board at the end of 2002. Still, the club will continue to spend the maximum possible on the football department and the player list to maximise their chances of success, and they have the funds to continue to do so.

It simply is the words. The Sydney Swans are called the Sydney Swans not South Melbourne anymore. Just like the Knagaroos will be the Gold Coast Kagaroos. The Western Bulldogs will be the Western Sydney Bulldogs. Call them by there name. Simple as that:rolleyes:

I couldnt be bothered quoting all of you **** posts so i choose this one but really - were you conceived with a weak sperm ? was your dad just whacking off one night and your mum came along and sat on it at the last moment ?

this thread is complete tosh - if that is your attitude id rather my club become defunct as opposed to merging or relocating atleast in memory they will always remain precious and not become some bastard spawn - townsville tigers or richmond bananas or something **** like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to get something clear...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back