Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think this is such a brilliant finish to the thread. Who would have thought 5 and a half years, and 1300 pages, ago that this thread would wind up by discussing the best catch of all time!! Love it!!

No, it was his father that demanded "the clause". It was Reid that negotiated and agreed to it. It was Trigg that believed he'd cancelled the agreement once he found out (without doing it in writing).

That’s such utter crap.

1. There is no evidence that the father demanded the clause. None whatsoever

2. If Trigg believed he cancelled the agreement then he’s incompetent. Though disingenuous and incompetent can’t be ruled out

image.png I would be very interested to find out Sydney's payout structure for Tippo considering he is contracted for a few more years

If you can believe Blucher, he says in the second paragraph that Kurt is walking away from a lucrative contract. If they only need to pay him for 2018, they have freed up an enormous amount of cap space for 2019 onwards.

Ok. IF Sydney have to pay him in full and include his cap figure in full, they have no reason to want him gone

Would Freo want Bennell gone? I'm only going on the rumours. If Sydney wanted him out because he's a kurt, but Kurt was happy to keep turning up, then he has a reasonable negotiating position. Why pay a destabilising character to hang around when the money is better spent paying him to stay away.

That’s such utter crap.

1. There is no evidence that the father demanded the clause. None whatsoever

2. If Trigg believed he cancelled the agreement then he’s incompetent. Though disingenuous and incompetent can’t be ruled out

Re point 1 - there may be no evidence (i.e. a document, a recording etc), however I personally have it on good authority that this was the case.

Re point 1 - there may be no evidence (i.e. a document, a recording etc), however I personally have it on good authority that this was the case.
It doesn't matter. Tippett was contracted for the next season already.

We didn't have to give in to Daddy's demands. We had 12 months to negotiate.

View attachment 453194 I would be very interested to find out Sydney's payout structure for Tippo considering he is contracted for a few more years

If you can believe Blucher, he says in the second paragraph that Kurt is walking away from a lucrative contract. If they only need to pay him for 2018, they have freed up an enormous amount of cap space for 2019 onwards.
Pretty sure if you asked people that know him at the Adelaide Football Club they wouldn't say that about him.

Would Freo want Bennell gone? I'm only going on the rumours. If Sydney wanted him out because he's a kurt, but Kurt was happy to keep turning up, then he has a reasonable negotiating position. Why pay a destabilising character to hang around when the money is better spent paying him to stay away.

He’s your employee, tell him to stay home. Costs you less but buys brownie points with fans and players

If you’re giving him everything you’ve got lots of options without acceding to what he wants

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At best, and believe me this is generous, at the very best you’ve heard someone allege it. The details are hotly contested by both sides

If you choose to believe one version, that’s fine but it is not on good authority

It doesn't matter. Tippett was contracted for the next season already.

We didn't have to give in to Daddy's demands. We had 12 months to negotiate.

That’s not quite true

GCS had a window 12 months out that they could pre-sign players up in

GCS couldn’t take him for free in 12 months but they could take him then

All of their concession players were signed a year out.

So if we didn’t sign him then, he could have signed a pre-contract with GCS and by all accounts he had indicated he intended to do just that

Tippett & Blucher have always claimed we offered the clauses to replicate his “freedom” if he didn’t take it then

I don’t know what’s true in this regard and nor does anyone else

At best, and believe me this is generous, at the very best you’ve heard someone allege it. The details are hotly contested by both sides

If you choose to believe one version, that’s fine but it is not on good authority

I choose to believe it because of the authority of the person that told me. You are welcome not to believe me - but you will never see any evidence.

It seems odd to me that the AFL apparently never published a final, detailed account of what went on? I mean they had the investigation and the tribunal hearings and handed out penalties, so presumably they were able to get to the bottom of it and know exactly who said and did what and who was in the wrong and to what degree.

But I've never actually seen a clear, final, official account of exactly what people did to attract the penalties that they copped. Just all the standard speculation and rumour-mongering and varying accounts depending on who you listen to, and regardless of who you listen to chances are that either (a) they don't actually know or (b) they were one of the parties involved so they may well be trying to downplay their own involvement. I certainly wouldn't trust any account provided by anybody in the Tippett camp or in our own club's administration at the time.

It seems odd to me that the AFL apparently never published a final, detailed account of what went on? I mean they had the investigation and the tribunal hearings and handed out penalties, so presumably they were able to get to the bottom of it and know exactly who said and did what and who was in the wrong and to what degree.

But I've never actually seen a clear, final, official account of exactly what people did to attract the penalties that they copped. Just all the standard speculation and rumour-mongering and varying accounts depending on who you listen to, and regardless of who you listen to chances are that either (a) they don't actually know or (b) they were one of the parties involved so they may well be trying to downplay their own involvement. I certainly wouldn't trust any account provided by anybody in the Tippett camp or in our own club's administration at the time.
The official findings are out there.

Three clearly detailed breaches outlined by Mike Fitzpatrick.

I'll dig it up if I can be bothered but it's in this thread somewhere.

View attachment 453194 I would be very interested to find out Sydney's payout structure for Tippo considering he is contracted for a few more years

The difference between a good bloke and a bad bloke in the AFL: The good bloke doesn't need his manager to come out and speak about him passionately because there's no one else in the football community who will do it. Blucher is simply earning his pay cheque here, I bet deep down even he thinks Skirt is a flog.

Team players of good moral character, as Blucher is trying to paint Tippett as, do not leave a club in the fashion Tippett left us, its as simple as that. You look at how Dangerfield left us, Gibbs left Carlton,

I'm not going to profess to know the ins and outs of what happened, only those who were directly involved could do that, and by the sounds memories are pretty "hazy" in this regard anyway.

We do know that grave mistakes were made on both sides and that if Tippett had actually cared for anyone bar himself, things would not have gone down in the fashion they did. Tippett, under the close guidance of Blucher, acted like a petulant child who had no regard for the club and people he was leaving.

Increasing story here regarding Tipppetts retirement & impact of Free Agency

Can a club entice a player away from a club with a 10 year $1m per year Contract .... knowing the player will probably retire b4 the 10 years ... from old age or injury ?

If, as usual, the player and club negotiate a payout ..... that payout figure AP is put into the salary cap NOT the original contract figure per year

Lots of clubs contacting the AFL over Tippett ..... probably in anticipation of what Sydney may do re Franklin & escape TPP

Clubs believe if you entice a player from another club under RFA .... then that figure of $1m per year for 10 years MUST go into each years TPP irrespective of early retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back