Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signs 5 year big money contract

Extends at much lower $$$

Retires from “injury” after 5 years

Never change Skirt, never change

Originally signed a 4 year deal with a built in 2 year extension on big money, which he he triggered in 2015, that took him through to end of 2018, and at some point between late 2016 and early 2017 they added another 2 years at reduced money, my google-fu is struggling to find exactly when that happened.

Just saw a bit of his interview on tv... the shit eating grin on his face... he was never about football. Never invested in the crows. Let alone the swans. Archetypal mercenary.

I mean, you never wish a truck accident on anyone... But if it had to happen to anyone...

According to the same source I heard about Tippett being forced out from last week, the Swans aren't saving a single cent of cap space beyond match payments, no matter what spin they put on it.
Are the Swans are still paying his 2019 & 2020 salary under the cap? I thought the cba allowed some injury payments outside the cap.

Sorry guys, 2012 was 6 years ago. Time to get over it and move on.

He had hands like glue and a kick like a drunk. In the end it did not go to plan for him. Such is life in sport.

Nah the guy's a ****wit that caused long lasting damage to the club. No matter how long ago it was, he can still get ****ed

According to the same source I heard about Tippett being forced out from last week, the Swans aren't saving a single cent of cap space beyond match payments, no matter what spin they put on it.

My understanding is that if a player retires prematurely like this he gets some percentage of what his contract would have been, so the club saves some money there, but the full value of the contract still counts under the cap. So they save money, but not cap space. Can't actually remember who explained that to me, so I'm not sure if it's exactly right or not. Sounds sensible, at least :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given 102 games at Adelaide, and only 74 Sydney games .......will he be remembered more for his Crows history or Sydney ?

I'd suggest his Crows tenure
Calling it now, we draft his son via father/son and he plays 250 games for us.

How could that even be true?

He’s retired, he’s unable to fulfill his contractual obligations therefore the clubs mutual obligations to him are mitigated

He can be motivated through a compromise to a retirement, but the idea he has retired and enjoying his full contractual benefit defies belief

My understanding is that if a player retires prematurely like this he gets some percentage of what his contract would have been, so the club saves some money there, but the full value of the contract still counts under the cap. So they save money, but not cap space. Can't actually remember who explained that to me, so I'm not sure if it's exactly right or not. Sounds sensible, at least :p

Think that’s free agency contracts only?

Think that’s free agency contracts only?

Possibly - I know the AFL put some kind of special condition on the Franklin FA deal because it was such a long-term contract. I'm not sure if Sydney have to pay out his entire contract or just count it all under the salary cap in the event that he retires before the contract runs out. It's possible I'm getting that special case mixed up with the general rules that apply to everybody?

Either way, Tippett BEHAVED like he was a free agent when he left (ie "trade me to Sydney or I'll go in the PSD"), so I don't object to the FA rules being applied in his case :p

Possibly - I know the AFL put some kind of special condition on the Franklin FA deal because it was such a long-term contract. I'm not sure if Sydney have to pay out his entire contract or just count it all under the salary cap in the event that he retires before the contract runs out. It's possible I'm getting that special case mixed up with the general rules that apply to everybody?

Either way, Tippett BEHAVED like he was a free agent when he left (ie "trade me to Sydney or I'll go in the PSD"), so I don't object to the FA rules being applied in his case :p
Does he even have a son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back