Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney is trying to sure up our obvious weakness which is our forward line, so why in hell would we trade out Reid, and if he was suffering home sickness I think we would want more than Tippett in return. Maybe I am biased but on an open market Reid would surely hold more currency than Tippett.

Tippet would hold more value to top 8 sides Reid to bottom 10 sides (now vs future)

And the thing is with your team demographic (goodes/Bolton/rok/shaw and the like) maybe your trying to sure up another premership in the short term as opposed to looking at your list 3-5 years from now.

I imagine the text went something like this:

Hey Aiden,

GTFO
kurt-tippett-starring-for-the-crows-up-forward-115819.jpg

Love KT

:p

Needs more Cowbell;

friends_forever2.gif

There are another 2 positives with Kurt going, everyone left at the club wants to be there. The major players have all signed for 3 years. Jacobs has 1 year left but he ain't going anywhere, and his next contract will be a ripper anyway now that person has left.

Secondly, this will unite the players like nothing else. They will want to shove that flag right up Kurt's clacker.

I totally agree with this EC, that is why it'd be foolish to get that scrotebag back in the PSD. The guy is a cancer and I am happy he has gone, his behaviour during the break up left me in no doubt of his character.

Personally, I hope we play Sydney next year in the GF, lead by 5 points with ten seconds left and have him mark close to goal and shank it like he usually does.

They supposedly could create room for Tippett so they would have room for Reid.
Lose Dawes, wellingham before adding lynch probably frees up around 350,000 to 400000 then they could apparently add 4 players on to the veterans list. For each player that's 100000 outside the cap. That leaves them with around 750000. Reid wouldn't be on anywhere near that particularly in the first year of his deal so they could fit him easily

So despite the fact that all of their players had to take pay cuts to fit in Cloke's salary, they are going to find room to get another KPF (despite having Lynch, Cloke, Paine) who is on another 5 year contract? Add to this that Geoff Walsh said after the Dawes deal was done they were finished for trade week and it looks like you have a little bit of a hurdle.

Then you have to consider that Reid isn't worth Pick 4, and there is no chance in the world Melbourne give up Pick 4 for Dawes + 17, so surely you now understand that Sam Reid isn't going anywhere?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3wks is just too long. I can tell my source is getting sick of me.
1 wk was ok.

You text him and say you'll be almost as busy as him next week so you mightn't have a chance for a chat but if something interesting is happening, can you send me a text to let me know. That way if by Wednesday you haven't heard anything, give him a quick call and have a chat, just...as much as it will take willpower, don't turn the topic to football, let him do it first.

Or you could try the subtle approach and see if that sets him off... ring up and say " I was Rohan my boat today and I didn't know where to Parker it, there were a few spots available but did I want to pick number 3 or 4, it was a tough choice. Of course getting out of the boat was tough as I didn't want to Tippett..

There's no way that Wellingham and Dawes were on 700K combined
You're right.. they were probably on more than that.

You do realise that the average AFL income is around $220k (TPP / 40)? By the time you factor in rookie contracts, that figure probably rises to around $300k. Given that these were both clearly best 22 players, it's not hard to see them being paid above that figure - closer to $400k each.

Could someone please tell me what club is going to take Tippett in the PSD before the Swans assuming he's getting the 4m over 4 years. (which I doubt he is, but lets roll with that)

The only clubs with kind of cap space first of all would be GWS, Port, Bulldogs, Fremantle and maybe Carlton.

If GWS take him, he will request a trade at the end of the first year and even if they don't trade him he's going to eat up a lot of their cap space making it almost impossible to re sign all of their youngsters. Add to this, they have Patton and Cameron they don't need a player like Tipett.

Port obviously aren't going to take him.

As for the other three, if they are willing to take the risk of taking him when he clearly doesn't want to be there then they are idiots. It's fine to pick up players like John McCarthy and Jade Rawlings given they are being paid a pittance, but if you want to take a risk on someone who will be a top three earner at your club easily when he has first of all no issue in walking out on a club, and secondly has shown no interest in playing for you then you are the worst list manager in the AFL.

I'm not saying that it is take Pick 22 + Jesse White or get nothing but don't stoke yourself into thinking that you are going to come out of this with two high draft picks or quality players.

You're right.. they were probably on more than that.

You do realise that the average AFL income is around $220k (TPP / 40)? By the time you factor in rookie contracts, that figure probably rises to around $300k. Given that these were both clearly best 22 players, it's not hard to see them being paid above that figure - closer to $400k each.
Nah no way they're on 400k each. Wellingham was on peanuts for sure, I reckon he would've been on around the average 220k. Same with Dawes. Both weren't big name players when they signed contracts + they need to fit in other guys. Collingwood couldn't offer Wellingham a decent contract, that's the reason he left. He's on 450k at WCE right now, if he was offered that at Collingwood or close to that he would've stayed no doubt. Cloke basically drove him out and will drive Dawes out it seems (although with Dawes getting Q Lynch in wouldn't have helped his decision to stay at the Pies).

Could someone please tell me what club is going to take Tippett in the PSD before the Swans assuming he's getting the 4m over 4 years. (which I doubt he is, but lets roll with that)

The only clubs with kind of cap space first of all would be GWS, Port, Bulldogs, Fremantle and maybe Carlton.

If GWS take him, he will request a trade at the end of the first year and even if they don't trade him he's going to eat up a lot of their cap space making it almost impossible to re sign all of their youngsters. Add to this, they have Patton and Cameron they don't need a player like Tipett.

As for the other three, if they are willing to take the risk of taking him when he clearly doesn't want to be there then they are idiots. It's fine to pick up players like John McCarthy and Jade Rawlings given they are being paid a pittance, but if you want to take a risk on someone who will be a top three earner at your club easily when he has first of all no issue in walking out on a club, and secondly has shown no interest in playing for you then you are the worst list manager in the AFL.

I'm not saying that it is take Pick 22 + Jesse White or get nothing but don't stoke yourself into thinking that you are going to come out of this with two high draft picks or quality players.
Why do you feel the need to post this lecture? Find to believe it, but save it for your fellow flogs on the Sydney board, we don't need it

Why not, they only paid 92.5% they could sign him up for two years and trade him after one if they so liked. I'm sure Tippett would love to come back to Adelaide, wouldn't he?

Do you really think Kurt would walk away from his million dollar contract if Brisbane or Carlton pick him up in the PSD? Of course not you flog. He will play and give his all. No way will he get to Sydney in the PSD. You will be giving up 22 and trading one of Reid, Parker, Mitchell or Rohan for another first rounder. Go cry about it elsewhere.

It's easy. Add Tippett to Carlton's forward line, and they're a genuine shot at a flag. At worst, they get a year or two of football out of him, and trade him out if he decides he doesn't want to be there.

I would think the worst list manager in the AFL would be one who decides to chase a $1 million forward after his side has just won a premiership.

Do you really think Kurt would walk away from his million dollar contract if Brisbane or Carlton pick him up in the PSD? Of course not you flog. He will play and give his all. No way will he get to Sydney in the PSD.

Brisbane? The same Brisbane who said they were priced out? And Carlton? I really doubt they have the cap space to make a move, especially for someone who doesn't want to play there.

You will be giving up 22 and trading one of Reid, Parker, Mitchell or Rohan for another first rounder. Go cry about it elsewhere.

Tell me, what makes you think that Reid or Mitchell would be traded? And no club is trading a top 20 pick for Rohan, I don't care how talented he is. Parker is the only realistic option on our list, and what I've been think all along, but you aren't getting anything more than one pick ~10 and ~30; which in all honesty is a very good deal for a club in your position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back