Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's correct.

If GWS want him and the have the cap space they can take him. He has no way around them.

And I would suggest that sheedy would back himself in to talk Tippett around after he has drafted him.

What I have been trying to say is that this scenario give us great satisfaction from the fact the we avoid him going to Sydney. But zero sum gain to us.
sending him to sydney for unders is economically bad for us in the Short Run premiership race, the other option doesn't affect us badly, as we have covers for kurt

I don't think we will.

In the end it wont be his decision. This is really about Sydney. It's now their call whether they want him. They will trade fairly or close talks. If they close talks Kurt becomes a lonely man. He might try to get back to qld but there wont be much money or love. They have been spurned. Maybe they will offer something...and they are well placed to trade asvwe know.

But it may be that Sheeds ends up his only friend. In which case they will trade.

Its really not about kurts wants now. Its about Sydney s .
I don't see why Sheeds would trade. He gets him for free

Kurt and new teammates?

387033-kurt-tippett.jpg

We didn't give up pick #2 for Carey.. that said, Pick #4 was still paying massive overs.

That was because Carey wanted to do the right thing by NM and we acquiesced. The difference is Tippett couldn't care less about AFC.......such an as....ole!

I don't see why Sheeds would trade. He gets him for free

Not necessarily. If Sydney see GWS as a threat then they might try harder to make a deal so there is a possibility that Sydney could get him before Sheeds. Only if Sydney back away can Sheeds have him for free. So if Sydney dont back away and Sheeds decides that he wants to gaurentee that he gets him he might make a deal. What would Sheeds give. Well if he offered anything better than pick 22 we would more than likely take just to shove it up Tippett and the Swans. I feel Sheeds at best migjht offer 12 & 13 and we would jump at that.

Not necessarily. If Sydney see GWS as a threat then they might try harder to make a deal so there is a possibility that Sydney could get him before Sheeds. Only if Sydney back away can Sheeds have him for free. So if Sydney dont back away and Sheeds decides that he wants to gaurentee that he gets him he might make a deal. What would Sheeds give. Well if he offered anything better than pick 22 we would more than likely take just to shove it up Tippett and the Swans. I feel Sheeds at best migjht offer 12 & 13 and we would jump at that.

Sheeds would offer a trade.

He will be competing with qld clubs. Or maybe Carlton or freo. Who knows.

Over to you swans.

See my edit.

GWS trade offer will be on table as soon as syd close shop. They will want to close out qld possibility

That makes sense, Peter.

Sydney may suddenly realise that there are premiership players that they can do without though, and actually come around to a reasonable deal. Alternatively if Andrew Ireland is as stupid as he has appeared to be to date, he may hold his line and they pull out, realising that GWS have them outgunned at every turn, be that trade, ND or PSD.

If Tippett is cut adrift by Sydney, what does he do then? GWS can pay his financial demands, either in a trade or pick up in PSD. Gold Coast have said they are out of the race and Brisbane may not afford to be in the race, unless they trade us a quality player on $300k upwards to fit him in under the cap.

if he is cut adrift by Sydney, he will look like a thorough dick, which is most appropriate, as he has behaved like one.

Whether we ever get to deal with GWS or not is irrelevant. We need them making the noises that they are, as one way or another it will be to our betterment.

See my edit.

Gws trade offer will be on table as soon as syd close shop. They will want to close out qld possibility
Look don't get me wrong. If GWS were to trade with us we should declare a public holiday.

For that to happen though Tippett must agree to go to GWS. Faith reported earlier that he had said emphatically no to this. So it dosnt matter what gws and us would like to do we can't without his blessing. So how we get that is beyond me.

It would appear from all reports that the two Queensland clubs are pissed off with him and are no longer interested. Freo and Carlton may have some interest, but I really think that is just wishful thinking from us. They looked like the only options that would stop him from getting to Sydney.

Now that GWS are on the scene we actually have a creditable road block. But how that changes things is very small.

Yes Sydney must now come up with something meaningful. But with there current stance on not trading premiership players the how?

If they don't the Tippett won't budge because there is no benefit for him to do so. By going to the PSD he would still hold out some hope that he could get to Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look don't get me wrong. If GWS were to trade with us we should declare a public holiday.

For that to happen though Tippett must agree to go to GWS. Faith reported earlier that he had said emphatically no to this. So it dosnt matter what gws and us would like to do we can't without his blessing. So how we get that is beyond me.

It would appear from all reports that the two Queensland clubs are pissed off with him and are no longer interested. Freo and Carlton may have some interest, but I really think that is just wishful thinking from us. They looked like the only options that would stop him from getting to Sydney.

Now that GWS are on the scene we actually have a creditable road block. But how that changes things is very small.

Yes Sydney must now come up with something meaningful. But with there current stance on not trading premiership players the how?

If they don't the Tippett won't budge because there is no benefit for him to do so. By going to the PSD he would still hold out some hope that he could get to Sydney.

If on the off chance that Kurt agreed to go to GWS I doubt they'd trade anyway. I've said it in here before, but I believe GWS would looks to maximise their return, and sign him as a second uncontracted player with our permission, as this way, they still don't have to give up anything for him. With Tippett's age and salary demands, it's likely he'd attract Tier 1 compensation, which we would either keep, or trade back to GWS for one or two of their first round picks.

Of course this all hinges on the unlikely event of Tippett agreeing to go to GWS. Plus, I'm not exactly sure if the window for GWS to sign uncontracted players is still open.

I think our only hope of getting anything out of GWS, is working out a half-arsed trade in our favour based on an agreement for us to send Tippett to the PSD. Hopefully the AFL wouldn't knock it back, and who knows, I suspect they may be quite happy for a player like Tippett to end up at GWS.

If the Crows reject Sydneys offers, doesn't Tiprat have the option of entering the ND instead of the PSD? What are the ramifications to either GWS, Swans and us, if he chooses the ND over the PSD?

No, we've sorted that, he can't go in the ND if we haven't delisted by then.

If on the off chance that Kurt agreed to go to GWS I doubt they'd trade anyway.

If GWS are interested we can now credibly take the position we will trade him to either SYD or GWS, whichever club gives us the best deal.

Tippett will have to agree or we send him to the PSD in which case GWS can still take him. He is not a free agent so he does not have absolute final say in where he ends up (AFC has already said we could put him in the PSD).

We are finally in a position to get a good deal from SYD or GWS.

I get the feeling we might tell Tippett if he wants to live in Sydney, he has to go to GWS. Kurt will outright refuse and a compromise will be made sending him to Brisbane for pick 8. Just a huntch...

Correct. GWS was the ONLY option to give the crows leverage in this situation.

If they are not genuine in their interest they have done us a favor in terms of their recent public statements to help try and boost Swans offer (wonder what, if anything, is in this for them), however my view as previously stated is of course they would be interested for many reasons (list balance, key marketing tool, Sheedy magic, one upmanship etc). And this is they KEY point people need to understand. IF they do really want him,and can obviously offer us the best compo, the crows can decide to not deal with ANYONE else if we now choose to.That's right, no to Swans, Lions and Suns. Let the prick slide in PSD to GWS. Kurt knows this, Blucher knows this, Jesus even Dr B should now understand this. and of course GWS can afford him, certainly relative to the premiership side.

The crows are an ethical club but no one could blame the crows for now taking this ruthless approach with the way KT and his Mgr have played this. We owe him NOTHING.

Crows gain either pick 3 or 12 AND 13 in return to a Gentlemens agreement allowing KT into PSD and a trade mix of probably 2 of Tambling, Symes and Joyce, or something similar.

This was always the best case scenario happening.

Look unless you are Kurt or his Manager surely you can understand what is happening here and how the Crows can extract maximum, or at least fair value, under this new predicament

You're starting to annoy me. Let me make it simple for you.
  1. Kurt nominates Sydney
  2. Sydney wont deal, offer 22
  3. GWS enter the fray with a better offer, and first pick in PSD to fall back on
  4. Adelaide wait, tell Sydney they have to beat GWS deal, tell GWS if they wont deal, then Adelaide will take Sydney's #22
  5. AFC mediate with Kurt (ie get AFL to kick Kurts arse and remind him that GWS is in Sydney too)
  6. Kurt caves, knowing that GWS have checkmate position of PSD
  7. AFC wins either with a decent upgraded offer from Sydney or GWS picks
Now, please stop posting your drivel.

There is no leverage with GWS at all, they will not pay an unconditional 1,000,000 dollars a year to a player that will not talk to them. Sydney will just look across the table, smile and tell you the offer is pick 22 or we get him though the PSD.

There is no leverage with GWS at all, they will not pay an unconditional 1,000,000 dollars a year to a player that will not talk to them. Sydney will just look across the table, smile and tell you the offer is pick 22 or we get him though the PSD.
I think you'll find the AFL will lean quite heavily on Kurt via mediation - not a good look for a marquee player to dismiss the AFL's newest franchise.

got any more 100% confirmed insights, Nostradamus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back