Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that article has just made my day.
I take back what I said about only getting crappy games in Canberra if GWS help us get something decent for Tippett. :)

Amazing how one club can deal like nazi's with one low pick and another steps in and offers picks in the top 10......

But that's easy because one team has top 10 picks the other doesn't. ;)

The most bewildering thing of all this is what sydney expected to give up for a $800k+ per year player? Maybe they didn't expect to win the flag, so moving player(s) on would have been easier? But they did win the flag, yet still decided to move on Tippett with nothing to offer for him?

You're starting to annoy me. Let me make it simple for you.
  1. Kurt nominates Sydney
  2. Sydney wont deal, offer 22
  3. GWS enter the fray with a better offer, and first pick in PSD to fall back on
  4. Adelaide wait, tell Sydney they have to beat GWS deal, tell GWS if they wont deal, then Adelaide will take Sydney's #22
  5. AFC mediate with Kurt (ie get AFL to kick Kurts arse and remind him that GWS is in Sydney too)
  6. Kurt caves, knowing that GWS have checkmate position of PSD
  7. AFC wins either with a decent upgraded offer from Sydney or GWS picks
Now, please stop posting your drivel.
You have no understanding of how the draft works. Sorry if what I am saying dosnt give you the answer you want.

If your scenario was possible I like you would be jumping through hoops. We are on the same side here. Best deal for the crows.

You are right about the fact the Kurt is stuffed. GWS has taken charge of the trade. Up until this point he has controlled it. Now he has ALMOST no control.

So I will try and explain it for you one last time. Then if you don't understand after that we'll you will just have to wait and watch it unfold. But to understand it you are going to have to think about it from Kurt's point of view.

Firstly there would now appear to be only two realistic players. GWS and Sydney. Sydney have offered us almost nothing whilst GWS have everything that we could want.

Kurt has agreed to go to the swans who we don't want to trade with because they are offering us shit. We want to deal with GWS but Kurt says no. I know he is not a free agent, but there is nothing in the rules stopping him from saying no. He is legally entitled to do so.

So we try and get Sydney to up there offer. This is a real possibility, but not sure if they are ever going to be able to satisfy us. It is our best bet though.

If Sydney's offer is unsatisfactory then what do we do. You say lets call in the afl for mediation. They will kick Kurt's butt. You are saying Kurt will realize he is checkmated (which he is) and cave.

Sorry, why will he cave.

If you are Kurt (think about this from his point of view) you either

1. Agree to go to GWS.
2. Refuse.

If you agree to go to GWS you end up where you don't want to be. If you refuse you will most likely end up at GWS, but the is still a slim chance they wont take you and you will still get to Sydney.

What I keep asking is why would he take option one. We all want him to, it's best for us but it guarantees he will end up where he dosn't want to he- GWS. If he continues to refuse to deal with GWS then there is a possibility no matter how small that he will avoid GWS.

So if you are Kurt this is a no brainier.

I know it is not a great scenario for us, and it is not what you want to hear but that is how it works. Our options are

1. Get swans to up there offer
2. Hope that we could get GCS or lions back in, but both seem pissed at him.
3. Get the afl to change the drafting rule in the middle of all this so we can force Kurt to GWS.
4. Send him to the draft. With no compensation.

Without Kurt agreeing to it we can not do a deal with GWS

I like you would like nothing more than to get my hands on pick 3, but sorry to burst you bubble it just wont happen.

If after all this you still don't understand then I give up. You will just have to watch it all unfold.

You still seem to completely ignore the possibility of trading something else to GWS and getting more that what it's worth in return for sending Kurt to the draft. As has already been said in here, if Tom Lee plus change for pick 12 goes through, I'm sure if we get creative, we can figure out some form of semi-dodgy trade that would net us a decent return.

I think the line in this article that everyone appears to have overlooked is the one from silvagni who says, when you give up one of those early picks, you expect the player to stay 7-8 years. Ain't no way tiptruck will stay that long, he'd be gone the minute he could be.

I've decided this board is bi-polar. Night before last the torches and pitchforks were being readied after faiths bit of news, then last night after GWS enter the fray, there's a veritable parade! It is quite funny to watch.

You have no understanding of how the draft works. Sorry if what I am saying dosnt give you the answer you want.

If your scenario was possible I like you would be jumping through hoops. We are on the same side here. Best deal for the crows.

You are right about the fact the Kurt is stuffed. GWS has taken charge of the trade. Up until this point he has controlled it. Now he has ALMOST no control.

So I will try and explain it for you one last time. Then if you don't understand after that we'll you will just have to wait and watch it unfold. But to understand it you are going to have to think about it from Kurt's point of view.

Firstly there would now appear to be only two realistic players. GWS and Sydney. Sydney have offered us almost nothing whilst GWS have everything that we could want.

Kurt has agreed to go to the swans who we don't want to trade with because they are offering us shit. We want to deal with GWS but Kurt says no. I know he is not a free agent, but there is nothing in the rules stopping him from saying no. He is legally entitled to do so.

So we try and get Sydney to up there offer. This is a real possibility, but not sure if they are ever going to be able to satisfy us. It is our best bet though.

If Sydney's offer is unsatisfactory then what do we do. You say lets call in the afl for mediation. They will kick Kurt's butt. You are saying Kurt will realize he is checkmated (which he is) and cave.

Sorry, why will he cave.

If you are Kurt (think about this from his point of view) you either

1. Agree to go to GWS.
2. Refuse.

If you agree to go to GWS you end up where you don't want to be. If you refuse you will most likely end up at GWS, but the is still a slim chance they wont take you and you will still get to Sydney.

What I keep asking is why would he take option one. We all want him to, it's best for us but it guarantees he will end up where he dosn't want to he- GWS. If he continues to refuse to deal with GWS then there is a possibility no matter how small that he will avoid GWS.

So if you are Kurt this is a no brainier.

I know it is not a great scenario for us, and it is not what you want to hear but that is how it works. Our options are

1. Get swans to up there offer
2. Hope that we could get GCS or lions back in, but both seem pissed at him.
3. Get the afl to change the drafting rule in the middle of all this so we can force Kurt to GWS.
4. Send him to the draft. With no compensation.

Without Kurt agreeing to it we can not do a deal with GWS

I like you would like nothing more than to get my hands on pick 3, but sorry to burst you bubble it just wont happen.

If after all this you still don't understand then I give up. You will just have to watch it all unfold.

You must be simple. If the interest from GWS is genuine we now have leverage. Sydney has to increase their offer or Kurt will be going to GWS in the draft. No way Kurt or Sydney will want to risk that. Yesterday they were the only bidders so they didn't have to offer anything. This is great news.

Of course Sydney can satisfy us they have plenty to offer (Rohan, Mitchell, Parker, Bird) Im guessing they will trade Mitchell or Bird to GWS - for a high pick - crows profit.

In the very small chance Sydney don't come to the party (maybe they don't actually want Kurt that bad) Tippett will be crawling back to Brisbane and GC for another chance and a vastly reduced pay packet to avoid GWS. Karma!

I think the line in this article that everyone appears to have overlooked is the one from silvagni who says, when you give up one of those early picks, you expect the player to stay 7-8 years. Ain't no way tiptruck will stay that long, he'd be gone the minute he could be.

I've decided this board is bi-polar. Night before last the torches and pitchforks were being readied after faiths bit of news, then last night after GWS enter the fray, there's a veritable parade! It is quite funny to watch.

From my experience, people tend to react badly to bad news, and positively to positive news.

You still seem to completely ignore the possibility of trading something else to GWS and getting more that what it's worth in return for sending Kurt to the draft. As has already been said in here, if Tom Lee plus change for pick 12 goes through, I'm sure if we get creative, we can figure out some form of semi-dodgy trade that would net us a decent return.
Good luck. Hope you can get it through, but the afl outlawed it. I personally think it is a pipe dream.

I would think that as slim a chance as it is we try and get Carlton and Freo involved. If he thinks he is going to GWS he may change his mind and think the beaches are ok in Perth. We are going to need to get GWS to convince him that they can afford a back ended contract. If that happens it strengthens our position. Perth becomes his new 'lifestyle' change

From my experience, people tend to react badly to bad news, and positively to positive news.

Of course, but it is hilarious. It doesn't matter whether it's facts (which there are very few of) or rumors (which are flying thick and fast), the swings either way are massive. :D

Surely melbourne would have to be interested too!

Basket case of the last half decade surely couldnt pass up on a possiblility of a top forward for free?

Dont have salary cap?

When an opportunity like that comes along, YOU MAKE SALARY CAP SPACE! Tippett plus that other dude from brisbane who I cant think of his name and howe - dud forward line to hero forward line in 2 years!

Good luck. Hope you can get it through, but the afl outlawed it. I personally think it is a pipe dream.

I would think that as slim a chance as it is we try and get Carlton and Freo involved. If he thinks he is going to GWS he may change his mind and think the beaches are ok in Perth. We are going to need to get GWS to convince him that they can afford a back ended contract. If that happens it strengthens our position. Perth becomes his new 'lifestyle' change

The AFL have outlawed a "Veale" type deal, not trading. We'd have to get creative about it, as trading pick 19 for pick 3 probably won't fly. However, pick 19 and a player for 12 and 13 might.

GWS can't give us anything. That is the problem. In order to get something from GWS we have to trade with them. What is it you are trading

Bumped from last week.

StuPendus replied
At last you bloody beauty.

Now ring Sheedy and offer Dougie for pick 2 and Tippo can still stay home.

There is no leverage with GWS at all, they will not pay an unconditional 1,000,000 dollars a year to a player that will not talk to them. Sydney will just look across the table, smile and tell you the offer is pick 22 or we get him though the PSD.
Oh so now he's getting a million a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You must be simple. If the interest from GWS is genuine we now have leverage. Sydney has to increase their offer or Kurt will be going to GWS in the draft. No way Kurt or Sydney will want to risk that. Yesterday they were the only bidders so they didn't have to offer anything. This is great news.

Of course Sydney can satisfy us they have plenty to offer (Rohan, Mitchell, Parker, Bird) Im guessing they will trade Mitchell or Bird to GWS - for a high pick - crows profit.

In the very small chance Sydney don't come to the party (maybe they don't actually want Kurt that bad) Tippett will be crawling back to Brisbane and GC for another chance and a vastly reduced pay packet to avoid GWS. Karma!
Make no mistake the interest from GWS is real. They have entered the market because they thought we were about to do the deal for 22. Sheeds has obviously been waiting to swoop in the PSD and he was concerned Tippett was about to be traded.

And yes you are right Sydney is our best option, almost our only one. But isn't that what I have been saying all along. And yes they can satisfy our demands, however they have shown no inclination to do so. Circumstances have changed dramatically, but I don't see them giving up one of the kids.

The only thing I have been trying to point out is that GWS entering the market is the best thing that has happened to us and given us something to bargain with. They have made doing a deal a realistic possibility. But that deal is with Sydney. We have no way of getting at there picks

So your saying getting punched in the face and receiving a puppy you would react the same way?

Sydney has never been our best option? The instant they won the flag, they became the worst option. Already a rubbish pick to trade, and now ring fencing every player who happened to be watching the Grand Final, let alone playing in it. Even GCFC, with their PSD ability, was a better option. Brisbane was the best option, having a bit to trade, and not a huge amount of leverage.

Then shit happened, and with other clubs keeping their traps shut and hoping to make a stealthy snatch in the draft, Sydney was our only option. Now GWS are in, and they're our best option. For GWS to be part of a trade, Sydney will need to close down and tell Kurt sorry it's not happening, ala Hawthorn and Ryan O'Keefe. Unlike Ryan O'Keefe, all the bridges back to the current club have been burned to the waterline. Then GWS will try to get a deal done quickly, partly because there will be little time left, and partly to stop Kurt from making an apologetic approach to the Gold Coast.

Dr B

The notion of Syd being fair traders is now out the window and and Swans supporters coming on this board suggesting otherwise need to be red carded

With this in mind we all understand that Kurt needs to agree to a trade however with that said GWS public acknowledgement that they are interested in Kurt does inject competitive tension as it sends a clear message that they can meet his contract needs and they will draft him if available, this competitive tension should hopefully force a better hand with Sydney

If Sydney refuse to budge and Kurt refuses a trade to GWS then we will trade a combination of Otten, Matty J and Bling to GWS for pick 12 and 13 on the understanding that we will send Kurt to the PSD

Don't GWS still have a couple of mini draft picks?
give tippet, get pick 12 and mini draft, pick up the second Crouch, have a decade of
"Tap from Sauce to Danger to Crouch to Crouch to Sloany to Tex....GOAL!"

Don't GWS still have a couple of mini draft picks?
give tippet, get pick 12 and mini draft, pick up the second Crouch, have a decade of
"Tap from Sauce to Danger to Crouch to Crouch to Sloany to Tex....GOAL!"

All gone. Two last year - us and GCFC - and two this year - Melbourne and GCFC.

surely the only think holding Kurt to the Swans is the contract and the "culture"

if the GWS meet the contract terms surely even the AFLPA would be hard pressed to stick up for Kurt given he has now nominated Sydney as "home"

If this was a discussion about Port and the Crows, no player would be able to hold the other to ransom based on "culture" and they would end up at either one.

Sydney has never been our best option? The instant they won the flag, they became the worst option. Already a rubbish pick to trade, and now ring fencing every player who happened to be watching the Grand Final, let alone playing in it. Even GCFC, with their PSD ability, was a better option. Brisbane was the best option, having a bit to trade, and not a huge amount of leverage.

Then shit happened, and with other clubs keeping their traps shut and hoping to make a stealthy snatch in the draft, Sydney was our only option. Now GWS are in, and they're our best option. For GWS to be part of a trade, Sydney will need to close down and tell Kurt sorry it's not happening, ala Hawthorn and Ryan O'Keefe. Unlike Ryan O'Keefe, all the bridges back to the current club have been burned to the waterline. Then GWS will try to get a deal done quickly, partly because there will be little time left, and partly to stop Kurt from making an apologetic approach to the Gold Coast.
Whilst ever Kurt decides that he will only deal with Sydney then we have two option deal with Sydney or PSD. The PSD has become a real weapon since GWS entered the market and may make Sydney think again. But we only have two options. No more.

That's it folks I am out of here. Enjoy the party. I have tried to explain it but not having much luck. I don't think it is what people want to hear.

GWS sre talking picks 2 or 3 for Tip. That is Jimmy Toumpos or Grundy territory.

Now we see the second.part of the club making it.oublic we would allow Muppet to go to the.draft. They.would have.known of the GWS interest.

Swans have to get close to this now or not get him. We have the upper hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back