Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I imagine, given Adelaide's level of cap room following $kirts departure, we'd be more than willing to assist Brisbane in increasing their offer in the first year and absorbing some cap space in year 1, while they sort things out.

Keep in mind Brisbane are aware of Polec's desire to consider moving home next year and may not want to find themselves in the position we're in at the moment.

Vossy being proactive?

I imagine, given Adelaide's level of cap room following $kirts departure, we'd be more than willing to assist Brisbane in increasing their offer in the first year and absorbing some cap space in year 1, while they sort things out.

Keep in mind Brisbane are aware of Polec's desire to consider moving home next year and may not want to find themselves in the position we're in at the moment.

Vossy being proactive?
Rumour or fact.

At what point do the Crows' hierarchy say the following:​
Noble: "Kurt we have done all that we can to arrange a fair trade to Sydney, but the Swans are simply not budging on their pathetic offer. Now based on your prospective back-loaded contract with them and heading into a possible PSD-situation, you stand a good chance to be picked up by GWS, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Carlton or even Fremantle. Now we don't want you to end up at a place you don't want to like Freo [good cop/bad cop coming into it here], so to mitigate that chance, how about you let us negotiate a good trade with Brisbane, GC or GWS where you can be 100% assured of your final destination and you can leave the Crows on better terms by allowing us to get a suitable trade?"​
Kurt: "BLUCHERRRRR"​
Blucher: "nah that's alright boys, I'm supremely confident a deal will be arranged."​

I think Ruccis tweet is a sick reference to Brown being hit by a car whilst riding his bike. Luckily he is okay otherwise he would look like a real goose

We wont know until the week is over but........Sydney have presented themselves as tough, protective and uncompromising. The very qualities that underpin 'culture'. Quite praiseworthy when considering they are the club seeking to recruit (read swindle) for the said Mr Tippett. Even if it all changes on Friday, the original statements by Ireland 2 weeks or so ago, casting in stone that no premiership player or even any father/son Sprigger will ever be traded by the all pervading 'blood' culture, will be left resonating as the remembered voicings and stance of the Swans. Quite clever. Do words speak louder than actions??? Unfortunately for the Crows we have been on the back foot from the first day and the weakness of our position is palpable. We have let the trade value of Tippett dissolve away to the point that in 2012 we have one of the highest paid footballers who, together with the club of his choice are now 'calling the tune'. AFC are the current 'owners' of the assett named Tippett and yet we are now placed in a scenario where we are far from the 'position of power'. I'm sure there are better analogies but it is kinda like having your car repossessed and it hurts.

I don't like it but grudgingly I have to say that (I know the week is yet to pan out and strange things could still happen) Sydney have so far strengthened the perception of their 'culture'. What can AFC do? Have we miscalculated in our previous years of sucking to the retention of Tippett? What can we do from all of this to promote any positives re the AFC 'culture'? Do we cry foul and paint Tippett, Barouche(?) et al as the villians? Or, after the dust has settled do we use the defecation (sorry defection) as a key to more hard nosed list management processes and the key to a strong ruthless on field performance - particularly against the Swans!
Anyway it is still in the mixing pot and I have faith in Noble....the Tippett inheritance is not of his doing.

However it comes out I want the AFC to come forth with strong enduring publicity statements that help to picture the Club as strong, purposeful, united and uncompromising and if need be, PIXXED OFF, rather than a closed ranks, lets keep it in house approach.

The Crows can try and paint Tippett, Sydney and/or Blucher as the villans, but the sad reality is that accepting sub-standard deals is a slippery slope where you begin to damage your brand and the value of your players.

The club's past history of sending players to their chosen club for unders is coming back to haunt them. I personally dont hold a grudge against Sydney, they are only trying to exploit the club's very obvious weakness at the trade table. They have seen how little we let Hudson and Gunston walk to their chosen club for and are now trying a bold move to get Tippett for well under his value. It's the sort of ballsy move that our club should be doing at the trade table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmm the dream scenario is Lions are resigned to losing Polec and are determined to get Tippett. So they say to Blucher we can send Polec to Adelaide now as a trade for Tippett, he then avoids the draft and all the crap that goes with that process. Or, Adelaide will let him nominate for draft and we promise you he will be selected by us.

If Lions came to us with this last week it would have been the "something" that happened to cause us to back off.

Stop dreaming!!!!!!

True enough.

I was listening to Trade Radio yesterday, and the hosts seemed to be in agreement that if Tippett went to the draft (either one) that he would make it to Sydney. They did not even debate it like it was an issue, more like it was an inevitability. They didn't elaborate on that certainty, which disappointed me. I'd like to know why they're so certain no other club would take a punt on Tippett if he was in the draft.
lazy journalism

Back to the old Polec + 8 for Tippett + 20 chestnut?

With Polec coming in, we would only need one pick in the draft...pick 8:thumbsu:

Make it happen Noble:p

Would rather delist Tambling or relegate him to the rookie list and have an extra pick. Would hate to think that there is an 18 year old out there with a Football future that misses a spot on our list just so we can delist Tambling next year.

Aside from that though.

Polec and 8 for Tippett and 20. YES!!!!!

Back to the old Polec + 8 for Tippett + 20 chestnut?

With Polec coming in, we would only need one pick in the draft...pick 8:thumbsu:

Make it happen Noble:p
Yeah not sure its that. I think Bris were definately in the right ball park when initial discussions began about 3 weeks ago.

I could almost guarantee, though that the offer wouldn't be Polec + 8. Brisbane know that our other option is pick 23 + Jesse White. Brisbane would be fairly confident Polec alone would get the deal done.

Would rather delist Tambling or relegate him to the rookie list and have an extra pick. Would hate to think that there is an 18 year old out there with a Football future that misses a spot on our list just so we can delist Tambling next year.

Aside from that though.

Polec and 8 for Tippett and 20. YES!!!!!

We're not getting that.

If we could get Polec and their second rounder then run like hell. Geez if it came down to Polec/crapping on kurts plans/not strengthening premiership threat v 23/white/seeing Kurt smile/strengthening Swans....

Just give me Polec and lets all go home

I think the 'Sydney holds all the aces theory' has fallen apart. They hold 1 ace, that is that Tippet said he wants to be there. They have nothing worthy on the trade table and we can and will say no to their trade. They will not get him in either draft. At this point I think Sydney are rank outsiders unless they get serious about a worthy trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back