Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they've made it clear they will not trade anyone who might ever play a game for them ever again already.

True enough.

I was listening to Trade Radio yesterday, and the hosts seemed to be in agreement that if Tippett went to the draft (either one) that he would make it to Sydney. They did not even debate it like it was an issue, more like it was an inevitability. They didn't elaborate on that certainty, which disappointed me. I'd like to know why they're so certain no other club would take a punt on Tippett if he was in the draft.

God you are a clown. It's not as if I have identified him by posting screenshot of the text, consignment note and his photo for identification purposes.

I'm the clown? I'm not the one who has told the Internet that your mate works with the moving company that moved tippett from Adelaide to Sydney, nor that he'd actually signed a confidentiality agreement which he promptly broke by texting you and sending photos of the consignment notice! :rolleyes: It would be fairly easy for tippetts lawyer to track him down I would think seeing as there would only be a handful of people involved in the move. *shakes head*. It's one thing to say you have it on good information, but no, you were silly enough to all but identify your mate. He will certainly know who it is that dobbed him in. Good one. :thumbsu:

This person gets it. Amen.

So the news gets out, and it could have been one of a hundred people - did they ALL have to sign a confidentiality agreement? The lawyers start asking questions and have significant detail to go on. Your mate will know it was him... And you.

True enough.

I was listening to Trade Radio yesterday, and the hosts seemed to be in agreement that if Tippett went to the draft (either one) that he would make it to Sydney. They did not even debate it like it was an issue, more like it was an inevitability. They didn't elaborate on that certainty, which disappointed me. I'd like to know why they're so certain no other club would take a punt on Tippett if he was in the draft.
They're probably right.

It's one of the reasons they're throwing so much money at Tippett I reckon. Means they're the only horse in the race so will be able to get him cheap. Hence the dud offer.

It's not Sydney getting him for nothing. Its them getting the return for giving him such a huge salary. They've paid for the right to screw us.

Doesn't help us any but Sydney aren't obliged to up their offer just because we don't think it's fair. They only need to give up what it will cost them to get him, nothing more.

So the news gets out, and it could have been one of a hundred people - did they ALL have to sign a confidentiality agreement? The lawyers start asking questions and have significant detail to go on. Your mate will know it was him... And you.

Jenny I truely understand your point

However

Why does this bother you? Let "Dumb & Dumber" sort it out

"Dumb" for texting his mate
"Dumber" for posting it on a footy forum

Not worth getting upset over

They're probably right.

It's one of the reasons they're throwing so much money at Tippett I reckon. Means they're the only horse in the race so will be able to get him cheap. Hence the dud offer.

It's not Sydney getting him for nothing. Its them getting the return for giving him such a huge salary. They've paid for the right to screw us.

Doesn't help us any but Sydney aren't obliged to up their offer just because we don't think it's fair. They only need to give up what it will cost them to get him, nothing more.
Does not hurt that Sydney get the extra 900k.

Does not hurt that Sydney get the extra 900k.
That's neither here nor there.

What are they going to do? Not spend it just to be nicer to the other clubs?

You take every advantage you can get. AFL is small-time in Sydney. I'm sure there are fewer media/marketing opportunities in Sydney than Melbourne for instance.

Sydney has a couple of 19-year-old key defenders on their list (Jordan Lockyer & Alex Brown). I'm surprised their names haven't been mentioned more in terms of getting this freakin' Tippett trade over the line. Can Swans fans enlighten us on their respective abilities?

I think they've made it clear they will not trade anyone who might ever play a game for them ever again already.
At least when some others have wanted a player (Josh Kennedy + pick 3 + pick 20 for Judd + pick 46) they have understood they have to be at least reasonably fair in the trade if they want the player.. And have chased the player, knowing it will cost them something..

Sydney has a couple of 19-year-old key defenders on their list (Jordan Lockyer & Alex Brown). I'm surprised their names haven't been mentioned more in terms of getting this freakin' Tippett trade over the line. Can Swans fans enlighten us on their respective abilities?

No they aren't for trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that the problem with trading rookies is that they are largely untried but end up on our senior list....

So, we all set for another riveting trade day:)

tumbleweed.gif

Watch out ring, here comes my hat.

Swans gain: Tippett lose: 23, Parker
GWS gain: 11, Otten, Warnock lose: 3, 13
Blues gain: Parker, 20, 54 lose: 11, Warnock
Crows gain: 3, 13 lose: Tippett, Otten, 54

I would not be happy to see us lose Otten. He's showing signs of getting his mojo back and has the makings of a KPD, a commodity we are sorely lacking.

One of them lives with a premiership player and the other sits between two premiership players in the locker room, so they are both off limits.

Would this work

Adelaide lose Tppett, 21, McKernan
Adelaide Gain pick 11, 23, 36,56
Sydney lose Parker, 23
Sydney Gain Tippett
Carlton lose 11,36,56
Carlton gain parker, McKernan 21
We don't need late picks unless we are trading them on would you be happy with Parker and mckernan for 11?

No they aren't for trade
I'm not sure anyone is for trade, we have to remember, according to Andrew Ireland

They won't trade Premiership Players.
They Won't trade up and coming players
They don't want to Trade draft picks.
They will however consider trading Jessie White, apparently the only player Ireland doesn't like (I assume his wifes company doesn't manage him)

Oh and lets not forget, according to Swans fans on bigfooty, the club don't really want him anyway.

This quote from Noble interests me, talking about deals getting over the line in the final hours of trade period:

"A coach will suddenly agree to release a first-round draft pick."

Most have interpreted this in the context of a third party, but the more I think about it, the more I think he is actually referring to the Swans. Surely they're not still talking White + Round 2 pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back