Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice how Rucci doesn't actually say anything has happened. He simply asks a question.
I could tweet, 'has Collingwood entered the Tippett trade talk?' and it would have just as much currency as Rucci. Like his articles all week, he is simply guessing based on nothing more than what the rest of us have. He remains an opinion writer and not a journalist in any way shape or form.
Everything he writes, reads like a Big Footy post. I'm 100% convinced he road tests topics on here for a day or 2 first, and then the articles shape from there...

He does like sticking the boot into his own club though. For that, I commend him.

Equally pointless for us, given that the addition of Polec would leave us with only 1 "live" selection.. so pick #28 would be surplus to our requirements.

If IF this scenario played out we would hardly be in a position to play hardball with Brisbane. You have a day to work out whether you want 8 or Polec or 23 plus white.....what do you do?

You take 8 or polec and go home with a huge PR victory

Why include pick #28 if it's not required?

Polec <--> Tippett is still a massive improvement on Sydney's insulting offers, so I'd grab it and run. I'd try for Polec + 8 <-->Tippett + 20, but if time were running out on Friday, I'd do the deal (minus draft picks) in a heartbeat.

If Brisbane are involved, I could see it going a couple of ways.
If polec is involved:
1)Dream=polec+ 8 for Tippett+ 20 if this were to happen we would probably be paying a portion of his salary.
2) realistic=polec+ 24 for Tippett
If polec isn't involved:
1) 8+24 for Tippett
2) 8 for Tippett
If this happened to get done by Friday, I could see us packaging pick 8+20 to the dogs for pick 5 or 6(toumpas might still be there) if we only want 1 live pick.

This year Tippett is uncontracted, with Sydney supposedly offering you peanuts apparently, and his concussion issues. Pick 8 alone is what I'd offer personally, without throwing Polec in too. I don't see how any team would be offering better than pick 8, and giving up pick 8 to send him to the PSD is more significant than turning back 23 + White in my opinion.

Doesn't really mean much anyway if Tippett refuses to be traded anywhere but Sydney.
Think the addition of polec maybe due to rumours of home sickness and Brisbane gettin what they can for him now.

If this did eventuate wouldn't suprise me to see
polec + 8 > Tippett + 20 + 50.

Not sure how deep you guys are going into the draft.

FAITH any news on Brisbane entering the fray?

If IF this scenario played out we would hardly be in a position to play hardball with Brisbane. You have a day to work out whether you want 8 or Polec or 23 plus white.....what do you do?

You take 8 or polec and go home with a huge PR victory

This. It would be Polec or 8. Not both. Straight up.

Everything he writes, reads like a Big Footy post. I'm 100% convinced he road tests topics on here for a day or 2 first, and then the articles shape from there...

He does like sticking the boot into his own club though. For that, I commend him.
Macca19 I've suspected you for a while. Can you clear this up for me, as I want to respect you as a poster again.

From Trade discussion on Adelaide now

12:40

Comment From SteveK
Polec & 8 for Tippett is the new hot goss

fb_share2.png

12:41
Lions won't trade Polec and tippett won;'t go there

Think the addition of polec maybe due to rumours of home sickness and Brisbane gettin what they can for him now.

We've mentioned we're gonna back ourselves in with regards to Karnezis being homesick, I imagine we'd do the same with Polec. The same happened with Clark last year too. Why would be offer more than pick 8 or Polec alone.

From Trade discussion on Adelaide now

12:40

Comment From SteveK
Polec & 8 for Tippett is the new hot goss
fb_share2.png

12:41 Lions won't trade Polec and tippett won;'t go there
Again I stress this is a random bloke from the Herald Suns opinion! Keep in mind he didn't even know who Lewis Johnston was! Very limited credibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macca19 I've suspected you for a while. Can you clear this up for me, as I want to respect you as a poster again.
It was pretty common knowledge around these parts for a while a couple of years back that a poster posing as a hawks supporter...can't quite remember the user name was Rooch.

Again I stress this is a random bloke from the Herald Suns opinion! Keep in mind he didn't even know who Lewis Johnston was! Very limited credibility.

True, I am only trying to help by keeping people informed of what is being said.

It was pretty common knowledge around these parts for a while a couple of years back that a poster posing as a hawks supporter...can't quite remember the user name was Rooch.

BigHawk1969 I think, from memory. The mods had some pretty obvious clues *cough* IP address postings *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back