Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
he didn't have to sign the deal...and his manager should've known it was an illegal clause....if we sink he should too....but all the blame may fall on the manager and tiprat gets away with it because he was only 22 at the time and apparently dumb as a post

Oh, I agree fully. Tippett and Blucher should be in the shit as well. They signed off on it and signed the requisite stat dec indicating that everything of relevance was listed on the contract.

Guys GC would have been aware of the gentleman's agreement! A GC board member or might have even been a president/chairman at the time and Tippett's old man are great mates.
Yep, John Witheriff. Well connected is the Tippett clan!!:)
http://goldcoastfc.com.au/the-club/board-members/

John Witheriff
John Witheriff is Managing Partner of leading Gold Coast Law Firm Minter Ellison and as Chairman of the GC 17 bid team helped turn a vision for AFL football on the Gold Coast into reality. Gold Coast Citizen of the Year in 2005, he is a former director of many of Queensland's largest companies including Sure Smart Water Ltd, Energex Retail, SeaWorld Ltd and the Queensland’s Transmissions Supply Corporation.
John Witheriff is one of Australia’s foremost corporate, governance and risk practitioners, sought by both industry and government for his key strategic advice and counsel.
In a prodigious legal and business career, John has amassed high-level insight and expertise across many sectors including government, sport, tourism, leisure, liquor and gaming, and infrastructure.
John has also held key roles within the private sector. For many years he was a Director of SeaWorld Ltd, the owner of multiple theme parks, and Chairman of the Indy 300 Event Advisory Board. He was also a member of Queensland’s Liquor Appeals Tribunal.
John has garnered many community and government accolades for his contribution to the law and industry, including Gold Coast Citizen of the Year.

For them to go to the AFL without a push from Kurt's lawyers and to have a number of interviews where they still sound very confident makes me think this wont be that bad. If they'd been as dodgy as Carlton, Trigg would have been on a flight to Yemen ASAP.

I really hope Tippett gets deregistered for a year. That would shut his stupid father up.

ah no. Tiprat and his team took advantage of our desperate desire to keep him by asking for an outrageous salary and bullshit demands such as the trade clause, Sydney were trying to take advantage of the side agreement....GC are now trying to take advantage of our vulnerable position and get tiprat......and all the flogs in the AFL (such as yourself) are coming out of the woodwork to try and bag us....

Get real, don't care who instigated the deal, both parties agreed to it in 2009. Now there's extra payments.

Can't see how Sydney or any other club had anything to do with it. AFC made the bed, now they must sleep in it, and you can take that overrated f*** wit with you.

Get real, don't care who instigated the deal, both parties agreed to it in 2009. Now there's extra payments.

Can't see how Sydney or any other club had anything to do with it. AFC made the bed, now they must sleep in it, and you can take that overrated f*** wit with you.

Allegedly extra payments and we all know the media in Australia has a good track record for actually reporting the facts.....

Also Sydney were trying to benefit from it in 2012, so yeah they should be in trouble too, but won't since AFL love Sydney

I've fallen way too far behind in this thread to ever catch up. I might just skip to the page when trigg handed in his resignation, can anyone point me in that direction please? He has done it hasn't he?!
Yep its over there > as far as the eye can see...

Yes, and in 2012 Sydney were consipring to be the third party required to execute that deal brokered in 2009. So rather than report that there was a deal which constituted draft tampering to the AFL, they decided to try and take advantage of said draft tampering, and secure a player at an artificially low value. How are you not seeing that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, and in 2012 Sydney were consipring to be the third party required to execute that deal brokered in 2009. So rather than report that there was a deal which constituted draft tampering to the AFL, they decided to try and take advantage of said draft tampering, and secure a player at an artificially low value. How are you not seeing that?

I'm thinking he can't see it because he is a troll....

For them to go to the AFL without a push from Kurt's lawyers and to have a number of interviews where they still sound very confident makes me think this wont be that bad. If they'd been as dodgy as Carlton, Trigg would have been on a flight to Yemen ASAP.

I really hope Tippett gets deregistered for a year. That would shut his stupid father up.
Well we are either very confident or in denial that's for sure!

We certainly ****ed up with exit clause!

Tippett and Blucher should be in the shit as well. They signed off on it and signed the requisite stat dec indicating that everything of relevance was listed on the contract.

This could have wider implications then. Could become a matter for the Federal Police. After all, they have provided a false Stat Dec.

The thing that disappoints me the most about this whole sorry affair is that THE MOB have failed to explain how Craigy was responsible for this mess.

At least we will get to play more KIDS next season.

Pity Triggy was too busy with his croissants and french wines to have his moment of righteousness and fess up to the AFL 2 weeks ago. Might have been time to finalise this mess prior to the end of the trade period.

Good point. Sounds like absolutely nobody from any of the three parties involved has really thought this through to its logical conclusion.

Just makes you wonder, why the hell all parties did not seek legal advice on the agreement, before it was signed off ? So now the Crows seek legal advice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back