Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad that a club gets severely punished for the actions of one or two very stupid people. It doesn't seem fair to the players, coaching staff and other administrative people who have done nothing wrong. The fans have done nothing wrong either, and now we have to watch the AFL destroy us. But I guess that highlights the importance of making sure you appoint the right people to the positions where these mistakes can be made. Sad thing is I don't think Reid or Trigg have ever placed a foot wrong in their administrative careers before or after this stupid 2009 agreement. But no matter what else they have achieved or will achieve in their careers, they will always be remembered for this. (Sigh.......)

I was a bigger fan of IWD2 but BG2 was brilliant. Great memories :thumbsu:

Horrid Wilting was more my style :p

But back on topic, this looks worse every day. $200k outside the cap? That's a disgrace.

I hope the AFL are going to be willing to accept Trigg's immediate firing as suitable punishment, since he was apparently the only person at the Crows who was aware of this absurd deal. Oh, and a big fine, of course, but that's a given.
IWD2 implented the 3e ruleset first from memory - was fun for sure - the story of BG2/SOA and ToB were amazing though.

I'm just in shock re: this stuff. I've almost stopped believing it is this bad - even though I've been screaming for years there was some serious shit going down at the club. I just can't believe it's this bad.

Also, besides Trigg, the club deserves our full support during this saga. It is very clear that Trigg is the only one to blame for all of this.... and Reid, but he aint at the club anymore anyway.

Also, besides Trigg, the club deserves our full support during this saga. It is very clear that Trigg is the only one to blame for all of this.... and Reid, but he aint at the club anymore anyway.

That may end up being the case but I just don't see how you can say that is 'very clear' at this stage

Planescape: Torment > BG and BG2

Planescape Torment is an experience you have to have once. Even nowadays if you haven't before. I played through it for the first time in 2007 and it was still amazing. Just cheat and give yourself max stats because pretty much all the game mechanics are boring as shit. But the setting, and the dialogue, and the story.....

IWD2 implented the 3e ruleset first from memory - was fun for sure - the story of BG2/SOA and ToB were amazing though.

IWD2 actually had a pretty good story too, though less epic in scope that the BG series. Certainly a huge step up from the practically non-existent story in IWD1.

I'd apologise for going off-topic but after tens of thousands of posts in this thread I'm not sure I even care anymore. Posting about old CRPGs instead is kind of soothing.

It's sad that a club gets severely punished for the actions of one or two very stupid people. It doesn't seem fair to the players, coaching staff and other administrative people who have done nothing wrong. The fans have done nothing wrong either, and now we have to watch the AFL destroy us. But I guess that highlights the importance of making sure you appoint the right people to the positions where these mistakes can be made. Sad thing is I don't think Reid or Trigg have ever placed a foot wrong in their administrative careers before or after this stupid 2009 agreement. But no matter what else they have achieved or will achieve in their careers, they will always be remembered for this. (Sigh.......)
There are a lot of questions to be asked here. Did Trigg and Reid hav the authority to make these offers or enter these agreements with Tippett. How does the delegation of authority structure work at the crows. Would a deal like this require board approval? If yes, and board approval was not sought, then Trigg and Reid have bigger issues to worry about. Each year they would have to sign auditors reports saying they've disclosed everything to their knowledge. There are potentially criminal offenses associated with all of this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I'm saying.

He was telling the truth. I've said all along that our denials about the clause were denials, but they were always very carefully worded. And never categorical.

I don't want to sound like a 'woe is us' supporter and I'm still microwaving my membership and taking a dump on the front step of the Westpac Centre and everything... but is every club doing stuff like this every day? The whole third party payments stuff and backroom 'off the record' deals.

The old school methods - the brown paper bags... the club credit card that got borrowed... buying a player's house and selling it back to them for less... have these little tactics just been replaxed by more elaborate and harder to trace methods? Is it like drugs in cycling where just everyone does it?

Is what has been uncovered at the AFC just the tip of the iceberg both at our club, and throughout the wider competition?

Our mistake was not making a stupid illegal contract/payment, but getting caught doing it.

"The AFL will find nothing" because we've since updated and refined our methods - not because we're clean. As long as dunces like Dangerfield don't tweet pictures of their brand new car we should be all sweet.
Man, that is a cynical way of looking at things. If the AFL computer forensics team can't find a single thing wrong with all our other contracts, then all you are doing is speculating on nothing but opinion Carl. Why on earth would we invite the AFL to do this if we are doing this with other players? Trying to cover it up wouldn't work with technology the way it is these days.

1299867456_the-situation-is-shocked.gif
1312893219_what.gif
1269259657_omg_cat.gif
1321036069_rowan_atkinsons_reaction_to_massahamilton_crash.gif
1239023530_hot-rod-motorcycle-jump-fail.gif

**** me, thought all this shit would end by tomorrow latest, but seems like this saga will never end. I would accept anything for Tippett tomorrow to be honest, draft picks or player/s. I think if we do get hit with a loss of draft picks, it'd most likely be for next years draft.

What have you done with AFGM?

No more gloating for me.

I clearly made the whole thing up including the confusion over what the compensation would be for trading Kurt since it was based on the then unknown compensation for losing an uncontracted player to the Gold Coast.

i.e. "Reid is said to have told AFL investigators that the exit clause and evaluation of a second-round draft pick was based on the league's guidelines for the compensation Adelaide would have received had Tippett walked to Gold Coast as an uncontracted wildcard recruit."

No doubt the information about the contract that Kurt signed with Gold Coast will come out in the next couple of weeks but that will be too late for me. I start my new job on Monday week with Nostradamus Inc and I will not have time to post on Big Footy.

Can't believe AFC condoned payments outside of TPP .....it's totally not the AFC "good guy" style

The underwrote IIRC .....that means no payment due if 3rd party arrangements occurred as expected

The question is:
1. How were 3rd party deals administered ....part of Tippetts marketing allowance

2. If the AFC had to pay to cover shortfall in 3rd party deals ......would that have been declared in future TPP records ?

What about Triggy mate? Lost any respect for him yet?
Pretty sure I posted my disgust at Trigg as well, keep reading. Tbh though, as I said in another thread, my life isn't gonna end if he stays on as CEO, it really doesn't faze me. I have no idea what his job involves or how well he does it (besides this saga IF true), and I don't really have the education in the business area to criticise him. I'm an engineer, I hate this shit!

Unless we get banned from participating in it which would not surprise given the allegations
FA is outside the draft ?

What ...are they going to ban all FA arrangements ?? ....hard to see that

If a player can choose a club of choice and they choose Adelaide, doesn't any ban work against the player and FA?

The one thing in Emma's article that is interesting is her timeline on us apparently going to the AFL and fessing up before Tippett's old man issued his "legal" threat, Rucci had us going to the AFL AFTER and as a result of the Tippett clan's legal threat.

Can't believe AFC condoned payments outside of TPP .....it's totally not the AFC "good guy" style

The question is:
1. How were 3rd party deals administered ....part of Tippetts marketing allowance

Would have all been just been sponsorship deals for Tippett, Surely you remember the bloody Tippetts Tips ads. He was flogging everything hardly saw another Crow untill Dangerfield got big.

FA is outside the draft ?

What ...are they going to ban all FA arrangements ?? ....hard to see that

If a player can choose a club of choice and they choose Adelaide, doesn't any ban work against the player and FA?
club would have to make a contract offer to the player at some point, the AFL could prevent us from doing this. i dont think they will but i dont see it as outside the realms of possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back