Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am hoping he stays with us...

Make him play out next season in west adelaide's forward line, that will be punishment enough
I don't think it will be safe for KT to come back to SA.

Reckon we are better of taking what we can get - like a Polec. (Decent) player over a pick that may be confiscated probably a better move.

Ummm, why on Earth has the name Polec re-emerged in the last few pages? Stop kidding yourselves as this will not happen.

If Tippett was in a position where he was going to take Adelaide to Court to push his Sydney move through, at considerable cost most likely, why would he all of a sudden decide "Yep, Brisbane ain't so bad."

We are not going to get anything from Tippett tomorrow. End of story.

From Caro's article:
"It has not been lost on anyone at either head office or AAMI Stadium that the Crows could simply have paid Tippett the extra $200,000 reportedly mentioned upfront. Staggeringly, they had the room in their salary cap."

I'd say the only logical reason why you wouldnt just offer him the extra money is that Adelaide were probably banking on their being triggers for finals bonuses & possible grand final bonuses that would have taken them pretty close to cap limit in 10 & 11. Its easy to look and see space in the cap in hindsight.

Off topic, I wonder if people will now realise that when the club says they have used up their cap space, that they are lying! An extra $200K we could have fit supposedly. The details of this email agreement is going to be interesting, have a feeling the full content has yet to be revealed.
Why aren't we front-loading contracts at the season's end, if we know we have some spare $'s???

what i dream will happen:

tippett craps himself and does a deal with brissie to save himself going in the draft
we get polec and no picks (we'd probably lose them). give them tippett and pick 20 for all i care.
blucher gets suspended
we get fined, lose a pick this year maybe
kurt gets hit by a car and cant walk for 10 years
all is well.

what i think will happen:

vlad will root us so hard we wont forget.
we lose tippett for nothing.
we lose picks for a year or 2
we get fined.
kurt maggot goes to sydney for nothing in the draft.

Ummm, why on Earth has the name Polec re-emerged in the last few pages? Stop kidding yourselves as this will not happen.

If Tippett was in a position where he was going to take Adelaide to Court to push his Sydney move through, at considerable cost most likely, why would he all of a sudden decide "Yep, Brisbane ain't so bad."

Think Sydney have been burnt & don't want him.

KT will be keen to resolve where he is going by way of trade - now preferably back to Queennsland, so he can be protected by his family.

SEN were saying that the red hot tip is - Tippett will not get punished.

His manager and the Crows will get hit the hardest and he will get off scott free.
That confirms it - he's heading to GWS via the PSD.

The AFL will be jumping for joy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Sydney have been burnt & don't want him.

KT will be keen to resolve where he is going by way of trade - now preferably back to Queennsland, so he can be protected by his family.
Thats a very good point, he is going to be under massive scrutiny with possibly a stint on the sidelines. Being close to home would make a lot more sense. But of course, he is greedy, so that wont happen.

I'd say the only logical reason why you wouldnt just offer him the extra money is that Adelaide were probably banking on their being triggers for finals bonuses & possible grand final bonuses that would have taken them pretty close to cap limit in 10 & 11. Its easy to look and see space in the cap in hindsight.

We also still had Nathan Bock at the time, and they would have been expecting a 2011 pay rise for Phil Davis. Lots of things changed, lots of money freed up.

Looks more like intent than money actually exchanging hands based on Quayle, but it's still ****ing ordinary

Stop Kidding yourself, he was never taking the Crows or the AFL to court.

His old man has money, but not that much. The AFL and the Crows would send this to one court after another and it would basically bankrupt him. Tippett sent in the Lawyers as a massive scare tactic.

He will have massive reservations about getting to Sydney now and will be looking at other options. Sydney have also allegedly lost interest in him. We will trade him tomorrow, it will just depend on how much we get.

As it seems we are losing Tippett for nothing, then shouldn't that count as punishment enough as far as picks are concerned?

Also, it probably wouldn't help matters regarding the AFL's investigation and response if we traded #20 away for a player.

ADELAIDE is believed to have guaranteed Kurt Tippett $200,000 outside of his contract and suggested the arrangement be kept secret from the league.

The AFL is investigating correspondence between the Crows and Tippett's management that refers to a list of companies that could provide the additional payments, not acknowledged in the three-year contract the forward signed in 2009.

It is also understood there was a clear recommendation in the letter to Blucher that the AFL not be told of the arrangement.

Adelaide is also under pressure after admitting it agreed to trade Tippett to the club of his choice for a second-round pick, a side deal that was not disclosed to the league and could lead to the club being punished for draft manipulation.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/crows-tippett-caught-in-200000-rort-20121025-287t7.html#ixzz2AJQKjb9i

Oh this just got real bad.

what i dream will happen:

tippett craps himself and does a deal with brissie to save himself going in the draft
we get polec and no picks (we'd probably lose them). give them tippett and pick 20 for all i care.
blucher gets suspended
we get fined, lose a pick this year maybe
kurt gets hit by a car and cant walk for 10 years
all is well.

what i think will happen:

vlad will root us so hard we wont forget.
we lose tippett for nothing.
we lose picks for a year or 2
we get fined.
kurt maggot goes to sydney for nothing in the draft.
Let us pray to the football gods

That confirms it - he's heading to GWS via the PSD.

The AFL will be jumping for joy.

Then I hope David Noble has been on the phone to him and set up a deal.

We trade him to Brisbane and he just accepts it or he will be going to GSW.

I'm confident we will strike a deal.

Thats a very good point, he is going to be under massive scrutiny with possibly a stint on the sidelines. Being close to home would make a lot more sense. But of course, he is greedy, so that wont happen.
I would be making it clear to KT right now - accept a trade home to GC or Brissie (whooever we can get the best deal for) or we throw you into the draft. Given what has happened, he would be stupid to take the risk.

28976066.jpg

http://memegenerator.net/Cheesed-Off-Chapman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back